Republicans set "Infrastructure Trap"

They do not want a win for Biden
They do not want another loss for America

I dont know if the bill is a piece of shit or not

It depends on how much of the goes for crap like teaching african men how to clean their penis and how much goes for roads and bridges
You mean like all the MEGA loss we had under Bush and Trump?

You people are dilusional and detached, you seem to forget history.

Bill Clinton gave us the Clinton Golden Age of Prosperity
GWB inherited a balanced budget and projected surplus and then crashed the economy and started 2 wars we didn't need and he couldn't win those wars...
Obama was mediocre but didn't fuck up like Bush and trump
Trump ramped up deficits and spending, had weak 2.6% GDP growth, then fucked up covid something fierce with the most deaths and most cases in the world.

The GOP has been a complete and total failure in the 21st century.
There are no reality based facts that say otherwise.
When wil trumpers admit reality? Trump and Bush failed, and their results prove this.

It depends on how much of the goes for crap like teaching african men how to clean their penis and how much goes for roads and bridges
If I was a goper I wouldn't want to run in 22 with my opponent saying "he wont' even vote to help you if it'd also help Biden." And imo the gop wants either to pass a limited bill or have the progressives kill it, so they can say "see we offered the compromise Biden ran one, and the dems don't really want any compromise because they are EXTEMIST LEFTIST PROGRESSIVES."
If its a clean infrastructure bill Repubs will vote for it

But when dems hold the power of the purse they cant resist some pork barrel spending

If it has Biden’s name on it, they will unanimously vote.....NO
They will scream PORK,PORK, PORK
regardless of what is in it

You mean like all the MEGA loss we had under Bush and Trump?

You people are dilusional and detached, you seem to forget history.

Bill Clinton gave us the Clinton Golden Age of Prosperity
GWB inherited a balanced budget and projected surplus and then crashed the economy and started 2 wars we didn't need and he couldn't win those wars...
Obama was mediocre but didn't fuck up like Bush and trump
Trump ramped up deficits and spending, had weak 2.6% GDP growth, then fucked up covid something fierce with the most deaths and most cases in the world.

The GOP has been a complete and total failure in the 21st century.
There are no reality based facts that say otherwise.
When wil trumpers admit reality? Trump and Bush failed, and their results prove this.
You are free to relive the glorious past as you see it

I am focusing on the present

The Democrats are such liars they even lie when they name their bills. Call it what it is, a green bill, a Democrat pork bill, a vote buying bill........something.
Yup. That bill has a whopping 5% in for actual infrastructure repair. The rest is pure d pork and green shit which no small business, the backbone, of this country, can afford.

If I was a goper I wouldn't want to run in 22 with my opponent saying "he wont' even vote to help you if it'd also help Biden." And imo the gop wants either to pass a limited bill or have the progressives kill it, so they can say "see we offered the compromise Biden ran one, and the dems don't really want any compromise because they are EXTEMIST LEFTIST PROGRESSIVES."

But when dems hold the power of the purse they cant resist some pork barrel spending
I don't know how may gopers would vote for a "clean" bill. Hopefully ten. If so, then it'll be up to the "Progressives" to kill progressive legislation. And that would fit with what the gop wants to run on.

The dems always want to use govt mandates to control econ behavior. It's in their DNA. They want hundreds of elec vehicle charging stations on interstates, so people can drive cross country in elec vehicles. I dunno about you, but I'm not planning on joining the que on that one, and I don't see any polls or stories showing there's any enthusiasm. That's why private players arent' building "charging stations." If I had a 50-100 commute daily, and could plug my car in at an outlet ... that's a different issue.

Maybe the fed govt should help industry get low interest to build power lines from wind farms and solar farms. But the govt shouldn't decide what the market bears. When Phoenix can't get water or Calif burns up ... the markets will factor in global warming.

So its all democrats fault even though the Senate and trump passed/signed the bill...
Typical Trumper blaming everyone else for Trumps fuck ups.

Reality is you just make shit up. There are no facts or data that says growth stops at full employment, there are no facts or data that say Trump had a great economy. This is the problem no facts support anything you say, pretty much ever.

Trump had low growth, high deficits and spending, and the same job hiring pace as Obama...
That is not a great economy, in anyway. You can say it, but it doesn't make it true.

Clinton had HIGH growth, Low deficits, and great job growth... And that is why he had a great economy.

Trumpers never take personal responsibility for anything in life, they blame everyone else for their fuck ups, and make up pathetic lies to try and explain Trump's failed policies.

Why would we need to make up anything about successful policies? They pretty much speak for themselves. Blaming others for the F-ups being done on other people is what the left does, like what they tried to do after Ears pulled our troops out of Iraq and it turned into a disaster. They said it was GW's fault because he made the deal as President. Then when Commie Care turned out to be a complete lie and disaster, you on the left were blaming the Heritage Foundation because one of their writers wrote a piece on something slightly similar to Commie Care and then said it was our idea--as if the Heritage Foundation had any power in our government. Forget the fact every Republican voted against Commie Care.

But a tiger can't change it's stripes. The left are trying to blame our border crisis on Trump and even the entire country instead of Dementia. Same thing with our gasoline that's up 30% since the idiot took office and the out of control inflation. Because Dementia has not done one positive thing for our country, they are trying to steal Trump's successful vaccine accomplishments and give the credit to the bumbling fool like the thieves they are.

Clinton had a good economy because he happened to be in office during our tech boom. Ronald McDonald could have been in the White House with the same results. The President had nothing to do with that. Again, it's the private sector that you should credit for the economy. Now for some recent history lessons:

Donald Trump became President when the unemployment rate was 4.7%. Just before Covid hit us, the unemployment rate was 3.5%. That's a drop of 1.2% unemployment. Now show me on this chart the last time unemployment was the same but dropped lower in three years when unemployment was that low to begin with.

_106785120_usunemployment1969-nc.png

Well will you look at that, it hasn't been that low in 50 years.

Republicans will NEVER be satisfied. Even if you modify it with all their objections included

They will still vote against it

Take the Democrat pork and the vote buying out of it. You'll see how fast Republicans sign onto it.
Pork is in the eye of the beholder

All infrastructure is, by definition, PORK
Some benefit, some do not

A new bridge in your district is in my view ...PORK
It does nothing to help me

If it has Biden’s name on it, they will unanimously vote.....NO
Again, see post #43
Republicans will NEVER be satisfied. Even if you modify it with all their objections included

They will still vote against it
Maybe. But if so don't the dems want to run on "Biden tried to work with them, but all McConnell wants is power regardless of what YOU want?"
If the House sends a clean bill to the senate I think it will pass

But I suppose that depends on who defines “clean”

Huh? Are you drunk now?
What babbling rant of stupidity.
Job growth has been great
GDP growth has been great.
Stock market Great.
2022 GDP growth outlook, great.

Trump had weak growth only 2.6% before covid, barely better than Obama.
I know it is hard for you people to accept reality, but there are no facts to back up anything you say.
Everything I say is verified by factual government data.

Look Trump's weak economy, barely better than Obama's weak economy:

Obviously the economy grows much quicker when unemployment is high. In May of 2020, our unemployment rate was 14.5%. By October of 2020 it was cut in half to 7%. Are you going to give credit to President Trump cutting our unemployment in half in just six months? Trump, cut unemployment 7%--bad. Biden cut unemployment by a half a percent--good.

Before Covid, the US had over a million more jobs than Americans to work them. That has never happened in my 61 years on this planet. How much better can an economy get, 2 million more jobs than Americans who could work them?
Translation:
Here's a bunch of cherry picked numbers that don't mean much, and do not show a great economy, but that is the best i can do...
There was nothing special about Trump's economy, he inherited 4.9% unemployment, which is low. He only had 2.6% growth precovid.

Economic output is the gold standard for measuring an economy, growth trumps all.
Trump had low growth and he had very large deficits and large amounts of spending.
US annual deficit in 2016 Obama's last year: $587B.
Trump doubled that in just a few years. Trump had a debt fueled, low growth economy.

Just watch what happens, enjoy the Biden Boom.
where's the boom? there isn't 1 and there won't be 1...xiden is a compromised piece of shit communist....you go on believing your lies, i'm sure you will enjoy paying 8 bucks a gallon when its all said and done....you are pathetic

Forum List

Back