Republicans protected Voting Rights again today

That's kinda unclear...but you support that??
It's very clear that the state legislators are supposed to appoint their own electors who are then free to vote their own consciences for POTUS. That's the Constitutional model, and putting the popular vote over that is not Constitutional, and I support it as the law of the land. If we don't like the Constitution as it's written, we're duty bound to change it and follow it until it is changed.

POTUS is the only position in Washington that was not supposed to be elected by the popular vote.

It's very clear that the state legislators are supposed to appoint their own electors who are then free to vote their own consciences for POTUS. That's the Constitutional model, and putting the popular vote over that is not Constitutional, and I support it as the law of the land. If we don't like the Constitution as it's written, we're duty bound to change it and follow it until it is changed.

POTUS is the only position in Washington that was not supposed to be elected by the popular vote.
So you want to take the vote AWAY from the people.

I see

So you want to take the vote AWAY from the people.

I see
No, the Constitution didn't GIVE the vote for POTUS (that's important to remember) to the people. State legislators agreed to allow the popular vote to guide their elector selection, but even then, the electors are not bound by federal law to vote any certain way. There are states that require their electors to vote according to the popular vote, but others allow them to vote for their choice. That's why the electors chosen are generally partisans, to ensure they don't do something odd like vote their conscience.

No, the Constitution didn't GIVE the vote for POTUS (that's important to remember) to the people. State legislators agreed to allow the popular vote to guide their elector selection, but even then, the electors are not bound by federal law to vote any certain way. There are states that require their electors to vote according to the popular vote, but others allow them to vote for their choice. That's why the electors chosen are generally partisans, to ensure they don't do something odd like vote their conscience.
Do away with the Electoral College & we can end this debate right now. But the Trump party will scream bloody murder because their boy had his ass handed back to him twice in the popular vote.

Do away with the Electoral College & we can end this debate right now. But the Trump party will scream bloody murder because their boy had his ass handed back to him twice in the popular vote.
So amend the Constitution, that's how you do away with it.

Schumer is the epitome of traitor. He would have sold out his own people to the Nazis too. Embarrassment and a traitor. I spit in his fake Jew face.
The epitome of a traitor is Donald Trump. He orchestrated the effort to shit on our Constitution solely to attempt to overturn the vote of the people.

Your sentence, "I spit in his fake Jew face." proves you are a bigot.

The epitome of a traitor is Donald Trump. He orchestrated the effort to shit on our Constitution solely to attempt to overturn the vote of the people.

Your sentence, "I spit in his fake Jew face." proves you are a bigot.
I am talking about Judaism. Trump isn't Jewish, you old hag.

The efforts of the Republican Party to remake centuries of democratic rule is their goal. On many fronts they are working to gerrymander the counties all across the US; they put forth bills to make voting more difficult in many ways:
  • Cutting days and hours for the polls to be open;
  • making fewer polls in minority communities;
  • closing the polls on Sundays, a traditional day for black churches to bus their congregant / parishioners to the polls;
  • changing rules for voter registration, time limits to register, for example;
  • pulling registration for unreasonable reasons;
  • lying about mail voting being fraudulent;
  • lying about non citizens voting, or citizens voting more than once, or voting about a deceased parent (oh yeah, that was one cast for Trump in the last election!);
  • Trump supporters going on Social Media lying about all the above being proper laws to protect the election, when in fact these bills are an effort to support the Republican Candidates, do to the fact that they cannot win when all of the voters cast their vote.

YOU'RE A DAMN LIAR, NOTING IN YOUR POST REFERENCED TRUMP, TO WIT:

"Schumer is the epitome of traitor. He would have sold out his own people to the Nazis too. Embarrassment and a traitor. I spit in his fake Jew face."

• Love
Reactions: BWK

"POTUS is the only position in Washington that was not supposed to be elected by the popular vote"

That's not actually true. Prior to the 17th Amendment, US senators were selected by state legislatures, rather than state popular vote, kind of like a microcosm of the electoral college. It should still be done that way--the 17th amendment has become a disaster in states with huge urban population centers. As we see in states like California and NY, both Senators are selected exclusively by San Fran and NYC. And those Senators cater ONLY to the interests of San Fran and NYC, and have absolutely no concern for the other parts of the state (i.e., upstate NY, northern Cali). That is exactly what would happen nationally if the electoral college was abolished for the presidential election.

One of the best things we could do to limit congressional corruption and homogenize the actions of the senate with the interests of the states they represent would be to abolish the 17th. The current problems I alluded to didn't exist and weren't even foreseen in 1913 when the 17th was enacted.

Last edited:
YOU'RE A DAMN LIAR, NOTING IN YOUR POST REFERENCED TRUMP, TO WIT:

"Schumer is the epitome of traitor. He would have sold out his own people to the Nazis too. Embarrassment and a traitor. I spit in his fake Jew face."
Exactly. I state this as a Jew. What do you not understand about that?

"POTUS is the only position in Washington that was not supposed to be elected by the popular vote"

That's not actually true. Prior to the 17th Amendment, US senators were selected by state legislatures, rather than state popular vote, kind of like a microcosm of the electoral college. It should still be done that way. As we see in places like California and NY, their centers are selected exclusively by San Francisco and NYC. Those senators cater to San Fran and NYC, and have absolutely no concern for the other parts of the state. That is exactly what would happen nationally if the electoral college was abolished for the presidential election.
Good catch. I had forgotten those. That's why the House is called "The Peoples' House", because the representatives are elected by the people and are supposed to represent a small district, so it's easier to focus on what they need instead of having to worry about somebody who doesn't even live in the area.

As we see in places like California and NY, both Senators are selected exclusively by San Fran and NYC
That is because the majority of people lives in urban areas. Some county with a population of 10 000 people can't have an election 'capability' as a town with 100 000 people does.

Good catch. I had forgotten those. That's why the House is called "The Peoples' House", because the representatives are elected by the people and are supposed to represent a small district, so it's easier to focus on what they need instead of having to worry about somebody who doesn't even live in the area.

Exactly. And because House seats are based on state population determined by the 10-year Census, it turns the Census into a political tool rife with corruption and partisanship, which was in the forefront of the news last year with 2020 being a census year. Remember the battles over whether the census would include a citizenship question? With the exodus of California and NY residents to places like Texas and Florida, Democrats were looking at a loss of several House seats if citizenship was considered in the census results. And even though they manage to keep citizenship status off the census, they still lost a couple of seats in both of those States. But there can be no doubt California and NY are still over-represented in the House because of such shenanigans.

The lefties on here would disagree, and argue non-citizens should count just as much for purposes of seating legislators who decide US law, but they also see no problem with someone like Maxine Waters who doesn't even live in her district and enriches her family members with public funds earmarked for that district, as long as those representatives are promoting the progressive leftist agenda. That will forever be our impasse, as highlighted by the arguments on this forum every day.

Last edited:
That is because the majority of people lives in urban areas. Some county with a population of 10 000 people can't have an election 'capability' as a town with 100 000 people does.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Please explain what you mean, and feel free to use examples if you lack command of the necessary vocabulary.

Actually, it was Trump & his lackeys who are calling the legitimacy of the last election into question with their filthy lies. That cocksucker Trump ran his yap about voter fraud in 2016 saying if he lost the election was rigged, but shut his big mouth when he won.

And you idiots open wide & swallow as he makes a fool out of the entire lot of you.
Not at all. I’ve said in here on several occasions that the electors spoke, and Biden is the 46th President of the United States…

Now, do I think that nefarious things happened to pave that road? Yes.

Not at all. I’ve said in here on several occasions that the electors spoke, and Biden is the 46th President of the United States…

Now, do I think that nefarious things happened to pave that road? Yes.
Nice dodge. When you admit that Biden won the election legitimately, I won't clean your clock with the truth.

• Love
Reactions: BWK
I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Please explain what you mean, and feel free to use examples if you lack command of the necessary vocabulary.
Okay, let's imagine that there is some state which has a major urban area. And 60% of the population lives in this urban area. The voting districts should have more or less equal number of voters. So, the urban area will have 60% of the voter districts of the State, while rural counties will have 40%.

I don't understand how the 17th amendment can help here. Because in any case it is the urban are will virtually decide which party will have the majority in the state legislatures.

Forum List

Back