Republicans Need to Embrace Early Voting

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Bush and Rove had a machine that made the Democrats jealous. The Republicans need to wake up and realize that Trump's plan is for losers.

But the GOP’s real problem wasn’t its message or the messengers. It was a more basic failure: not understanding or accepting how Americans today participate in elections. Early voting and mail-in balloting have irrevocably changed things. Election Day no longer counts as it once did. Yet Republicans continue to rely on a massive Election Day turnout to prevail, while conceding the rest of the electoral terrain to Democrats. When Democrats win, some Republicans blame election fraud or unfair practices instead of their own failure to adjust their ground game.

Bush and Rove had a machine that made the Democrats jealous. The Republicans need to wake up and realize that Trump's plan is for losers.

But the GOP’s real problem wasn’t its message or the messengers. It was a more basic failure: not understanding or accepting how Americans today participate in elections. Early voting and mail-in balloting have irrevocably changed things. Election Day no longer counts as it once did. Yet Republicans continue to rely on a massive Election Day turnout to prevail, while conceding the rest of the electoral terrain to Democrats. When Democrats win, some Republicans blame election fraud or unfair practices instead of their own failure to adjust their ground game.

They do in Florida.

Why are you an errand boy for grocery clerk's out to collect a bill??

They do that here in Florida. The Florida Republican Party is a machine, and they fully take advantage of mail-in and early voting.

We do both early voting and mail in ballots very well here in Florida because everything is done right. Unlike the Democrat controlled areas where there is massive fraud.

Exactly. It's a fucking travesty anyway, might as well throw in and steal the elections you need. It's not like anything will happen to you. They say a 15-year old can hack the dominion machines in 7 minutes with a screwdriver and a flash drive, and literally give you whatever results you want.

You want 600 million GOP votes from Detroit? Not a problem, the machine doesn't give a fuck.

The GOP's problem is messaging not how Republicans vote. The higher the turnout, the more likely they are to lose unless they can rig the game. Abortion was one of the major game changers in this election. The party's policy of hatred towards groups of people also does not help. Michigan is usually a swing state yet Whitmer has won by double digits two elections in a row.

I remember when everyone was predicting big gains for the Republicans. I pointed out the polls could be wrong because of the high turnout. As a result of this high turnout, Republicans lost a seat in the Senate and narrowly won the Senate.

Last edited:
We do both early voting and mail in ballots very well here in Florida because everything is done right. Unlike the Democrat controlled areas where there is massive fraud.

When the election goes your way, it is done right but when you lose, there is fraud. You are aq right wing moron.

I always vote early in person. I want to see the machine tell me my vote has been registered. The new machines this year slowed things down a little, but I was able to get in and out in about 23 minutes. Use to be 13-16 minutes.

Bad, BAD idea.

Voting is not done for the CONVENIENCE of citizens.

The GOP's problem is messaging not how Republicans vote. The higher the turnout, the more likely they are to lose unless they can rig the game. Abortion was one of the major game changers in this election. The party's policy of hatred towards groups of people also does not help. Michigan is usually a swing state yet Whitmer has won by double digits two elections in a row.

I remember when everyone was predicting big gains for the Republicans. I pointed out the polls could be wrong because of the high turnout. As a result of this high turnout, Republicans lost a seat in the Senate and narrowly won the Senate.

Wow, you did an edit on your post and still screwed it up. Good job commie.

Forum List

Back