Republicans like to think they understand the concept of “free shit” but actually don’t

Free tuition means the people who are going to school don't pay...the taxpayer pays.

That means you pay for school whether you go or not. If you decide to NOT go to college...tough shit, you are going to pay for it any way...and you will continue to pay as long as you live!

That's what "FREE" means!
Uh no. Anyone going to college in such a scenario pays taxes.

You offered NO argument against what I said.

If they work & pay taxes while going to college, they are still paying for everybody elses college & will do so for life.

And that's what you call "free".

I don't have any children in school either, but I pay for schools also and its fine with me. Why because I went to school, most of my education free, so its just paying it forward, also education is a great help for increased earnings, any kind of knowledge helps make better informed citizens, more creative endeavors better helpful responses in emergency situations. and much more stimulating conversation.

it’s a phrase used by republicans to denigrate the left for wanting tuition free college or socialized healthcare, but they don’t really understand how these concepts are no different than programs already in place.

When a republican’s house is on fire or they need police assistance do they pay the responders personally? Uh no. They keep the “free shit”. You see, something like free tuition or socialized medicine are no different. All of these programs are paid for with tax payer revenue. Bernie, after all, has tax proposals to pay for his ideas.

The problem with these Democrat programs is they always want to foot the bill to the rich guy, the guy that creates our jobs. Create this free college program and have everybody pay equally; say a thousand bucks a year for every working person. You'd see how fast people will drop support for this nonsense.
Like any program, it must be paid for with a progressive tax system.

Why? If you want this government garbage, then everybody pays equally. OH!!!! We can't have everybody pay equally! I meant, I want free college, and have somebody else pay for it!!!!

Hell, if the Democrats have jobs, they can buy their own shit, instead of demanding that I pay for it!!!

(And BTW, having a degree in Gender Studies, which teaches you that you can't look in your pants and tell what gender you are, isn't an education... The typical kid in kindergarten can figure THAT out!!!)
They pay taxes too you moron. God you people are so dense.
Hey, did you know that you can actually send the government EXTRA MONEY to pay for all that FREE shit you want to give away, instead of trying to force ME to support a bunch of lazy bums???

Maybe the Democrats should try that, since they're so generous...

(But, sorry, the government doesn't accept food stamps!!!)

When are you going to step up.and start paying for the wars?

The defense of this country is outlined in the US Constitution. Free college is not.

Nowhere does it state that defense does not have to be paid for and education falls under "general welfare".

No, the general welfare clause means only those items listed in the Constitution. The Constitution charges our leaders with the defense of this country. In this day and age, that's impossible to do without funds.

Free tuition means the people who are going to school don't pay...the taxpayer pays.

That means you pay for school whether you go or not. If you decide to NOT go to college...tough shit, you are going to pay for it any way...and you will continue to pay as long as you live!

Once they graduate they pay taxes to pay for this program.

That noted, this is how almost all of education is paid for.

And I'm against that too. Where I live, our schools are funded via property tax. I don't have any kids in school--never had, and neither has any of my tenants.

It works like this, you pay on what your property is valued at by the county. The county pays the city tax which is mostly for the schools. Because the tax is based on property value and not on how many kids you have in the school system, it's highway robbery for those of us that don't have any kids in school.

I may be paying twice as much for our schools with no kids in it, than the guy down the street that has five kids in school, but is paying half of what I pay. So of course I object to it.

Whether you are for or against it is irrelevant. It's how we fund education.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean we should make it worse.

They pay taxes too you moron. God you people are so dense.
Hey, did you know that you can actually send the government EXTRA MONEY to pay for all that FREE shit you want to give away, instead of trying to force ME to support a bunch of lazy bums???

The defense of this country is outlined in the US Constitution. Free college is not.

Nowhere does it state that defense does not have to be paid for and education falls under "general welfare".

No, the general welfare clause means only those items listed in the Constitution. The Constitution charges our leaders with the defense of this country. In this day and age, that's impossible to do without funds.

The Constitution does not state that we do not have to pay for that defense. When are you going to stand up and start paying for it?

Those who argue for the education are willing to pay for it.

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES of "free" shit.

"Free" college tuition...Universities double their tuition every year...no politician is going to refuse payment, it would be political suicide).

Before you know it a college education is 75 million a year & all of us taxpayers are on the hook for it.

Which is EXACTLY what is happening with public pensions right now! That system is literally collapsing!

"Free shit"? Hmm, let's see. Like free hospital treatment in the emergency room, even if you can't pay? That was a law signed by Reagan. You mean free telephones, otherwise known by republicans as Obamaphones? Another law signed by Reagan. You mean free RX added to Medicare benefits? A law signed by Bush Jr. You mean those states that are getting the most Federal dollars back, compared to revenue submitted to the federal government? Why, that would be Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi, all Red states.

Looks to me like the Republicans are masters in the art of getting "free shit" from the government.

Sadly the concept of "free shit" is taken literally by the crazy democrat base who live under tarps. When it rains, all the free shit ends up in the San Francisco bay and the Pacific Ocean.

Like DumBama before him, these programs are only designed for one thing, and that is to make Americans more government dependent. When you depend on government for everything, they control you. The more you depend on them, the more control they have.

Anybody that thinks these Democrats give a shit whether you have healthcare or not, college or not, paid time off of work or not, know nothing about the Democrat party. They refuse to look to see the man behind the curtain.

It's real simple. The Democrat party has two major groups. One are the government dependents, and the second are victims. The more victims and government dependents they can create, the more Democrat voters they have.

If we could ever rid our country of victims and government dependents, the only time you'd hear about the Democrat party is in history books.

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES of "free" shit.

"Free" college tuition...Universities double their tuition every year...no politician is going to refuse payment, it would be political suicide).

Before you know it a college education is 75 million a year & all of us taxpayers are on the hook for it.

Which is EXACTLY what is happening with public pensions right now! That system is literally collapsing!

If taxpayers are ever stuck with a college bill, then colleges could triple or quadruple their charges. Nothing you can do about it.

it’s a phrase used by republicans to denigrate the left for wanting tuition free college or socialized healthcare, but they don’t really understand how these concepts are no different than programs already in place.

When a republican’s house is on fire or they need police assistance do they pay the responders personally? Uh no. They keep the “free shit”. You see, something like free tuition or socialized medicine are no different. All of these programs are paid for with tax payer revenue. Bernie, after all, has tax proposals to pay for his ideas.

so you'r you're comparing college to police protection? Are you stupid or a moron?

And why do people like you ever complain about tuition or the cost of books, is it because your lefty buddies make tons off of those?

First of all Fire departments aren’t paid for by general taxes they are paid for with property taxes. Which is pretty much insurance that home owners pay for because they have a vested interest. Much like health insurance should be. You may need it so it’s probably a good idea to go buy some.

Tuition is nothing even remotely close to insurance. That’s just pure fucking greed of white liberals. Wanting the poor and minority communities to pay taxes so Suzy Fatass Hairy Armpits can spend eight years getting a gender studies and oppressed fat pig degree.

Buy a house and start paying for firemen, get some health insurance so the rest of us don’t have to pay for your worthless ass and pay off your own fucking student loans.

That's not true in all cases. Out in the sticks, they have volunteer fire departments. If you want that fire protection, you have to pay an annual fee. I have read stories where a persons house or barn caught fire, and the fire department only went there to possibly save the houses next to it, or the outskirts of the property where the fire was at so it didn't spread. But they just sat there and watched the house burn down because they opted not to pay that annual fire protection fee.
So they should have bought the insurance instead of freeloading.

There are private fire departments and, "of course," we have private security. These are far cheaper and more effective than government fire departments and police where the employees can retire at 50 with 100% pensions.

Services provided for "free" always suck, and they cost many times what they would otherwise.

If they work & pay taxes while going to college, they are still paying for everybody elses college & will do so for life.

Christ everyone pays taxes. You implied those who go to college don’t. And yeah, this concept applies to any government program some people don’t use. Plenty of people aren’t on Medicare or Medicaid yet they pay for those taxes myself included. You don’t hear me whining. Without tax payer revenue, elderly people and kids of poor families wouldnt get healthcare.

The Constitution does not state that we do not have to pay for that defense. When are you going to stand up and start paying for it?

Those who argue for the education are willing to pay for it.

So how do you suppose we could defend this country without funding, throw rocks at the next fighter jet from China?

Christ everyone pays taxes. You implied those who go to college don’t. And yeah, this concept applies to any government program some people don’t use. Plenty of people aren’t on Medicare or Medicaid yet they pay for those taxes myself included. You don’t hear me whining. Without tax payer revenue, elderly people and kids of poor families wouldnt get healthcare.

Billy, our founders never wanted anything like this. They wanted free people, not kept people by their federal government. It's the reason they left and found this land in the first place.

Thanks to progressivism (if you wish to call it that) we went from a free people, to a cradle-to-grave government. Government provides housing (in suburbs for many cities) provides food, provides medical care, provides phones, provides daycare centers, provides utilizes, tells us what to eat, what we can and cannot smoke, what kind of cars we should be driving, provides retirement funds, what our children are allowed to eat in school, and even a choice of gender you wish to be.

Does that sound like we are free people to you? And to add insult to injury, it's not enough. Now government wants to provide you with national healthcare coverage and college as well. What's left for you to decide? What color of carpet you have in your home?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grans Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress 1794

Billy, our founders never wanted anything like this. They wanted free people, not kept people by their federal government. It's the reason they left and found this land in the first place.

Thanks to progressivism (if you wish to call it that) we went from a free people, to a cradle-to-grave government. Government provides housing (in suburbs for many cities) provides food, provides medical care, provides phones, provides daycare centers, provides utilizes, tells us what to eat, what we can and cannot smoke, what kind of cars we should be driving, provides retirement funds, what our children are allowed to eat in school, and even a choice of gender you wish to be.

Does that sound like we are free people to you? And to add insult to injury, it's not enough. Now government wants to provide you with national healthcare coverage and college as well. What's left for you to decide? What color of carpet you have in your home?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grans Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
I support the government providing the large majority of those things. Not even sure what you mean by phones or gender but whatever.

Let me put this way: obviously there is such a thing as too much government. However, there is also such a thing as too little. That balance is important.

I support the government providing the large majority of those things. Not even sure what you mean by phones or gender but whatever.

Let me put this way: obviously there is such a thing as too much government. However, there is also such a thing as too little. That balance is important.
So what is too much?
This from a guy who compares college education with the police. He does not understand what the government is there to do...

I know you're aware of this, but "free shit" like the fire department and police department is not "free". And the more taxpayer money that's siphoned off for "free shit", the more taxes go up and less money people have for themselves.

I see no Republican condemning the billions and billions the Fed is pumping into the economy.

We keep waiting for Quid Pro Joe to ask to fire the prosecutor in Trumps impeachment in a threat to withhold the money but he just won't do it.

Forum List

Back