republicans Latino problem could be getting worse!

The growing latino problem definitely makes it worse for black people, the latinos growing population will take away more "stuff"and more jobs. . Bring em on.

Even though we are damn near taking care of them already..

Surely this wont pass..

How does a territory become a state?(from Wikianswers)

1. The area desiring Statehood first petitions Congress for admission.

2. If and when Congress chooses, it passes an enabling act, which directs the framing of a proposed State constitution.

3. A convention prepares the constitution, which is then put to a popular vote in the proposed State.

4. If the voters approve the constitution, it is then submitted to Congress for its consideration.

5. If Congress still agrees to Statehood after reviewing the document, it passes an act of admission.

6. If the President signs the act, the new State enters the union.

Do the Republicans really risk deepening their Latino problem by blocking PR's request for admission. Sounds like political suicide to me.

Surely this wont pass..

2. If and when Congress chooses, it passes an enabling act, which directs the framing of a proposed State constitution.

3. A convention prepares the constitution, which is then put to a popular vote in the proposed State.

4. If the voters approve the constitution, it is then submitted to Congress for its consideration.

5. If Congress still agrees to Statehood after reviewing the document, it passes an act of admission.

Do the Republicans really risk deepening their Latino problem by blocking PR's request for admission. Sounds like political suicide to me.

Yea, bringing them over is the right thing to do. Only good thing about that would be they actually pay federal income tax. And how much would we actually get from them? I think, i'm not sure, that they are already considered American citizens?

Liberals think that more latinos means that they will create cities like Boston, just brown.

Here you go, wonderful people, really, just the kind of people we want in our national house.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/21/us/21crime.html?pagewanted=all

Now plagued by a steadily worsening murder rate, more Puerto Ricans are second-guessing their evening plans, contemplating moving to the mainland and sending away for gun permits in larger numbers to protect themselves. And the police are rolling out new strategies they hope will bring things under control.

So far this year, there have been 525 murders in Puerto Rico, a number that is outpacing last year’s 983 homicides, the second-highest ever, and the 995 in 1994. New York City, with a population a bit over twice that of Puerto Rico, reported 199 murders through the middle of this month, with a total of 536 in 2010.

High murder rates are not unusual in Puerto Rico. Between 1980 to 2005 the average annual homicide rate was 19 per 100,000 in Puerto Rico and 8 per 100,000 on the mainland.

Of course we want these people to have statehood. They are already managing their own country admirably.

Surely this wont pass..

Yea, bringing them over is the right thing to do. Only good thing about that would be they actually pay federal income tax. And how much would we actually get from them? I think, i'm not sure, that they are already considered American citizens?

Yes, they already are citizens and can come and go as they please, so it wouldn't be like there'd be a sudden flood of new people entering the country.

Forum List

Back