Republicans, here's your chance.

Why don't you tell us how Biden is exhibiting fiscal responsibility? You voted for the guy and he wants to spend more than the guy you hate so much that you voted these people into office. The onus is on you to defend their out of control spending. I would hope your solution is not lets spend the money and just tax everyone to death to pay for it.

Why should Biden supporters hold him to spending when Trump supporters would not hold him to the same standard?

I'm 19, haven't had my coffee yet, and am working on several writing projects. No, I don't have a fucking plan to pull out of my ass right now.

Like I said before, I'm not exactly sure how it would work, I'm not a politician or an economist. However what we are doing now sucks ass. Go back to the Trump version of Tax Cuts and double down on it. Cut taxes across the board for low income, middle class and businesses. Cut welfare drastically, and provide incentives for people to work at a job, like further tax cut credits or something like that.
They don't pay taxes already so what good would a tax credit do?

There is a balance for sure, but we don't agree on that balance. Democrats are of the mindset that some people just have too much money and they should give a large portion of it back. The current tax rate is high enough IMO.
We have taxed the wealthy at higher rates in the past.
We had more money to invest in infrastructure, healthcare, education and public services.

There's a lot of complaining going on about this spending and taxing program the Democrats are trying to get done. Nothing wrong with that. A strong debate about taxing and spending levels is an important conversation, even if all we seem to do is spend more regardless of the party in power.

So, Republicans, if you're convinced that the country wants lower taxes and lower spending, it seems to me that the 2022 election process is your chance to prove it. But there's just one thing you need to do, to be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility: Cut spending first, then cut taxes.

So here's how the 2022 campaigns would go: GOP candidates from coast to coast would run on first cutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, several departments like the DOE, and then cutting taxes. Be honest with the American people. Be specific on what you would cut, by how much, and how it would affect everyday Americans.

If you win on that platform, you'll know that you have the ideas that America wants. You'll be able to overwhelm Biden with public opinion until you get the White House back in 2024. Then you'll truly be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility.

Agreed?

Sounds good to me.

Of course you stupid greedy little welfare Moon Bat shits would be crying like little school girls if you didn't get your welfare.

The Republicans don’t run on this for the same reason the Democrats will never run on raising taxes on everyone not just the so called one percent it won’t get them elected. If Republicans need to be honest with the voters about there spending cuts the Democrats need to be just honest about there tax increases.

I could be mistaken but I believe your 1% plan would take decades to address the debt.
Your buddy Mac1958 seems to be encouraging repubs to commit suicide by promising to slash spending overnight

Which would have ZERO political support

We didnt get in this mess overnight and we wont get out of it so easily as he seems to think we could

There is a balance for sure, but we don't agree on that balance. Democrats are of the mindset that some people just have too much money and they should give a large portion of it back. The current tax rate is high enough IMO.

The tax rate is not the problem, it is the 100000 ways to get out of paying taxes. Get rid of all tax expenditures and you come very close to solving the budget problem

But did you call him out for it like you do the Dems? That is the point here.

Yes, I have called him out, but again, it wasn't a defining issue for me because there were actual policies that were proposed and implemented. It is a defining issue on this board because many can do nothing more than call Trump names. There is no substance, just name calling.

Your buddy Mac1958 seems to be encouraging repubs to commit suicide by promising to slash spending overnight

Which would have ZERO political support

We didnt get in this mess overnight and we wont get out of it so easily as he seems to think we could

They have to propose something. Even at that we know proposals are worthless. It's actions. Bush, Obama, Trump (and now Biden) did nothing but create massive debt.

I'd like to see some numbers on how much fat remains in the military in general as technical advances continue.

I actually doubt that such a study is possible, but tech has to be more efficient than some things we're doing there now.
Every time we end a major military conflict, we never seem to reduce our military budget.

We have gotten out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Where did the savings go?

Abandoning South Korea would push it into china’s orbit

China doesn't seem to be as stupid as we are and they do not seem to be willing to undertake what would be a losing effort.

New Topics

Forum List

Back