Republicans, here's your chance.

I did in post #39

Its you and Mac1958 who are ignoring a plan that he DEMANDED to see
Part of my OP -- which you are choosing to ignore -- asks for how Americans are affected by your plan.

So all you're doing is tossing out platitudes with nothing to support them.

And you're just trolling my thread. As usual.

Corporations do not pay tax! You and everyone else does when they purchase their goods or services. I guess you fell off your picket fence on to the liberal side with that idea.
If Corporations could charge more for their goods or services, they would already be doing it.

The market decides what they can charge

There's a lot of complaining going on about this spending and taxing program the Democrats are trying to get done. Nothing wrong with that. A strong debate about taxing and spending levels is an important conversation, even if all we seem to do is spend more regardless of the party in power.

So, Republicans, if you're convinced that the country wants lower taxes and lower spending, it seems to me that the 2022 election process is your chance to prove it. But there's just one thing you need to do, to be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility: Cut spending first, then cut taxes.

So here's how the 2022 campaigns would go: GOP candidates from coast to coast would run on first cutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, several departments like the DOE, and then cutting taxes. Be honest with the American people. Be specific on what you would cut, by how much, and how it would affect everyday Americans.

If you win on that platform, you'll know that you have the ideas that America wants. You'll be able to overwhelm Biden with public opinion until you get the White House back in 2024. Then you'll truly be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility.

Agreed?

I would support leaving NATO and cutting military spending. And pulling troops from a LOT of places. Also, get rid of the dept of education and the Post Office, and yes, the DOE.

But, I don't think we need more tax cuts.

They're acting as if challenging them to demonstrate their specific ideas on fiscal responsibility is some kind of personal attack.

So now I wonder if they actually have any specific ideas, or just spouting platitudes all this time.

Why don't you tell us how Biden is exhibiting fiscal responsibility? You voted for the guy and he wants to spend more than the guy you hate so much that you voted these people into office. The onus is on you to defend their out of control spending. I would hope your solution is not lets spend the money and just tax everyone to death to pay for it.

I gave you a plan that you are obviously afraid to discuss

See post #39

I could be mistaken but I believe your 1% plan would take decades to address the debt. But granted it would be a better path than the one we have been on.

What exactly would you cut from Defense to get that 20% reduction?
I would redefine the role of the US in the global military environment.
Currently we spend almost 40 cents of every military dollar in the world (we have 5 percent of the population)
The EU has an economy similar to ours, Japan and S Korea can pick up more of the burden in their region.

If we stop being the worlds policeman, we could significantly reduce our military budget.

Why don't you tell us how Biden is exhibiting fiscal responsibility? You voted for the guy and he wants to spend more than the guy you hate so much that you voted these people into office. The onus is on you to defend their out of control spending. I would hope your solution is not lets spend the money and just tax everyone to death to pay for it.
You guys sure want to change the subject. Did you know that you could start a thread on that? Tag me, and I'll be happy to post there.

Meanwhile, deflection won't work here.

Part of my OP -- which you are choosing to ignore -- asks for how Americans are affected by your plan.

So all you're doing is tossing out platitudes with nothing to support them.

And you're just trolling my thread. As usual.
I offered a specific plan that you refuse to discuss

Whereas you have no plan at all

Where are you going to pull our troops from?

Why the Department of Energy?

1. Europe to start. Maybe South Korea. Look at the rest on a case by case basis.

2. D.O.D. I forget why. Heard an argument made that the few things they can actually do, could be folded into other departments and money saved.

I would redefine the role of the US in the global military environment.
Currently we spend almost 40 cents of every military dollar in the world (we have 5 percent of the population)
The EU has an economy similar to ours, Japan and S Korea can pick up more of the burden in their region.

If we stop being the worlds policeman, we could significantly reduce our military budget.
I'd like to see some numbers on how much fat remains in the military in general as technical advances continue.

I actually doubt that such a study is possible, but tech has to be more efficient than some things we're doing there now.

10 for you, 1 for me. No that is not a decent system.

It most certainly is if I work 10 times harder than you or I have 10 times the value. Where is your outrage for athletes making 10's of million/yr? Most of the angst among Democrats is towards CEO's who are actually making quite a bit less than top athletes. Seems to be selected outrage towards the wealthy.

Forum List

Back