Republicans, here's your chance.

Perhaps you aren't told about this in your universe, but both Social Security and Medicare are on shaky financial ground as currently constructed.

So you're saying you can slash taxes, control the debt, and not cut Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare? Really?
Remember, there were people who warned about these things in the 1980's when the Social Security/Medicare taxes were raise massively. We were supposed to get another half century of promised benefits easily. But the politicians lied. It was based on 4 per cent annual GDP growth. Baby Boomers retiring and millions and millions getting disability benefits and others also has caused an issue. Simply freezing everything in the government and related to government for 4 years would be a start. But it would cause some angst with people.

Then make those proposals, cutting the spending, before giving another tax cut...

Run on what you plan to cut, being specific..... if it is not SS, Medicare, Medicaid etc, of which republicans claim is causing the debt and it's other things then just tell the public, what those "other things" are....that you plan to cut.

We could start with defunding the FBI/CIA...

You are going to have to make up your mind on exactly what it is you would do. This is pretty much Mac's point. Step up and actually be for and support something.
I'm 19, haven't had my coffee yet, and am working on several writing projects. No, I don't have a fucking plan to pull out of my ass right now.

Like I said before, I'm not exactly sure how it would work, I'm not a politician or an economist. However what we are doing now sucks ass. Go back to the Trump version of Tax Cuts and double down on it. Cut taxes across the board for low income, middle class and businesses. Cut welfare drastically, and provide incentives for people to work at a job, like further tax cut credits or something like that.

It would be nice if, at some point, those who want to cut spending could get beyond slogans that fit on baseball caps and t-shirts and show us the details.

I agree that we need to cut spending. Neither Democrats nor Republicans want to do this but they both want more tax revenue to spend. In general, Democrats like the idea of taking from the rich, despite many of them being poor at one point, and giving it to the poor and Republicans favor allowing the rich to keep the money they made and make the poor work for it. The former is not a plan for long-term success. The way to raise more tax revenue in the long-term is to encourage investment by "rich" people and to encourage work by "poor" people. Raising income/capital gains taxes on individuals and/or corporations and paying people to stay home does neither. Feel free to spin it however you would like, but that is simply the way it works. Many economists can't see the forest for the trees.

No reason to get pissy. It's a fair and legitimate point.

You're saying you can slash taxes, control the debt, and not cut Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare? Really?

I'm for cutting any form of government assistance to immigrants, you can't support yourself then don't come.

I'm 19, haven't had my coffee yet, and am working on several writing projects. No, I don't have a fucking plan to pull out of my ass right now.

Like I said before, I'm not exactly sure how it would work, I'm not a politician or an economist. However what we are doing now sucks ass. Go back to the Trump version of Tax Cuts and double down on it. Cut taxes across the board for low income, middle class and businesses. Cut welfare drastically, and provide incentives for people to work at a job, like further tax cut credits or something like that.

Yep, spot on. At least some of the younger generation is not completely brainwashed and lazy.

Republicans are partly responsible for our regular increases in spending.

You adoringly follow a former President who said "Who cares about the budget! We're going to have a country!" at a GOP fundraiser, and who signed a massive spending increase.

Yes, both parties spend too much. I don't have a problem with saying that. Aside from the obviously correct answer which is to stop spending so much, what are the next steps? Spending even more and raising taxes is certainly not the solution and that is the current administration's proposal.

There's a lot of complaining going on about this spending and taxing program the Democrats are trying to get done. Nothing wrong with that. A strong debate about taxing and spending levels is an important conversation, even if all we seem to do is spend more regardless of the party in power.

So, Republicans, if you're convinced that the country wants lower taxes and lower spending, it seems to me that the 2022 election process is your chance to prove it. But there's just one thing you need to do, to be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility: Cut spending first, then cut taxes.

So here's how the 2022 campaigns would go: GOP candidates from coast to coast would run on first cutting Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Welfare, several departments like the DOE, and then cutting taxes. Be honest with the American people. Be specific on what you would cut, by how much, and how it would affect everyday Americans.

If you win on that platform, you'll know that you have the ideas that America wants. You'll be able to overwhelm Biden with public opinion until you get the White House back in 2024. Then you'll truly be The Party of Fiscal Responsibility.

Agreed?
Gosh, how clever. :rolleyes: A democrat generously offering 'helpful' advice to the Republican party. Smells like the democrats are getting mighty nervous about the midterms.

The way to raise more tax revenue in the long-term is to encourage investment by "rich" people and to encourage work by "poor" people

The Cornerstone of Supply Side Economics

Cut taxes on the wealthy and watch the wealth trickle down in jobs and higher pay.

Only problem is the wealthy just kept the extra money

Yes, both parties spend too much. I don't have a problem with saying that. Aside from the obviously correct answer which is to stop spending so much, what are the next steps? Spending even more and raising taxes is certainly not the solution and that is the current administration's proposal.
Democrats tax and spend
Republicans cut taxes and spend the same amount

It's not easy when people expect to be able to pay their bills after working 40 hours and business would rather send the jobs to Asia where they aren't required to provide that.
That started decades ago. Foreign cars were mandated to not be more then 10% of the market at one time. The two oil crisis in the 1970's damaged the domestic auto industry. We made larger cars and were not good at the smaller ones. Detroit failed at that. Adding computers to the antiquated engine/drivetrains made it worse as also the catalytic converters reeked havoc. The government then raise the 10% threshold out of necessity. Asian vehicles were of better quality. And they have never looked behind since then. Patriots kept buying American cars. Many who did not were Progs at the time. Even today, patriots purchase Americna trucks. Domestic auto companies are now getting out of the passenger car market and relying on truck, crossovers, vans and minivans.

Gosh, how clever. :rolleyes: A democrat generously offering 'helpful' advice to the Republican party. Smells like the democrats are getting mighty nervous about the midterms.

Mac isn't a Democrat, he just hated Trump and would have voted for Xi Jinping if he had to to get Trump out of office. Now he finds himself scrambling to justify the idiocy of the Biden Administration. Because Trump sent some mean tweets that hurt his feelings, he will NEVER admit that Trump's policies were far superior. despite knowing deep down that they were. He will continue referring to Trump as the "orange blob" because that is what mature, thoughtful adults do. ;)

He will continue referring to Trump as the "orange blob" because that is what mature, thoughtful adults do. ;)

Not to change the subject, but a Trump follower calling out someone for using cute little nicknames is the ultimate in irony.

But otherwise Mac1958 has not argued FOR anything on this thread
I'm being quite specific and perfectly reasonable. You guys just don't like being held responsible for your words, so you're attacking. Par for the course.

Maybe you guys can do better than slogans and actually think a bit.

Do better than shallow platitudes. Or don't, whichever.

The debt has increased 4 trillion in 8 months under the current regime. You never address how liberals are failing the country. It's always Rs.

I absolutely have. I have all the time. I've noted how Obama was a complete failure and while I acknowledge we need infrastructure work I do NOT support the current bill unless it's paid for.

I did not vote for Joe. I voted for Jo.

Forum List

Back