Republicans have systematically dismantling the middle class.

Ya know -- it occurs to me that what these "moderate Americans" are missing is that SOMEBODY has to take BIG risks to make "the pie" in the first place.

What if I built a pie factory and nobody buys them? What if my competitor gets shelf space in the grocery and I don't? Do I really want to RISK $10M on a pie company so "moderate Americans" can enjoy them?

All "moderate Americans" have to do is wheel their cart down the freakin' aisle and CHOOSE a pie. Not much risk to that. We've spoiled the heck out of Americans by propagating this myth that life shouldn't HAVE risks, there is no reason to TAKE risks, and people who get rich risked NOTHING to get there...
Agreed.

And that would be a big step to admit the the economy, ANY economy is NOT a zero sum game.

Go back to what we owed post war America 1781, and superimpose the figures we banter about with now.

History doesn't start from the day one was born...

That's the fundamental leftist misconception behind the class war. You can be green as a tree frog by selecting the govt to throw 1/2Bill$ at Solyndra or Evergreen Solar and when it fails -- there was never any "risk" was there? Everyone stills feels good about it. Wasn't THEIR risk.. The RISK gets socialized --- but the potential PROFIT is still privatized.. And they want to DISMANTLE the wealth gap with misguided policies like that?

Policies like that LEAD to a wealth gap. It's all fk'ed up. THEY are fk'ed up. They don't see corporate welfare when it's convienient for them to be blind to it.

Want your economy back? Start WORKING with the folks who WANT to take risks, are WILLING to lose their OWN money and make it a little LESS risky for them to succeed...

I think I'm having a Rick Santelli moment.. :eusa_wall:

David Plouffe has paid for and approves of this lying message.

How do Democrats support the middles class? Down grading our debt, record debt, deficits, foreclosures, homelessness and poverty, that's how
If you truly believe the Progressives (Democrats) are responsible for all those things you have been brainwashed. I know you don't believe that, which is quite normal because your mind has been effectively bent. And that's too bad. Because the right-wing (Republicans), adhering to Ronald Reagan's adaptation of Milton Friedman's supply side economics, have decimated the middle class and purposefully operated to bring the U.S. Economy down. Clinton managed to improve the situation somewhat by leaving Office with the Economy in surplus. But while Reagan's and H.W. Bush's collective style of pillage was quietly incremental George W. Bush came on like an invading Hun with the most profligate spending spree in Presidential history.

The most outstanding elements of Bush's deliberate assault on the Economy were two major military engagements, including a full scale invasion and occupation and implementation of a major tax reduction on his super-rich "base" -- without including either disastrous expenditure in his budget! So while it looks like the damage done to the Economy is Obama's fault the reason for that is Bush's economic misfeasances appear in Obama's budget!

The fact is Obama inherited an economy in virtual ruin at a time when the Nation was on the verge of another major depression. In order to sidestep that disaster he's had to borrow to bail out the banking and finance industries which had failed because of policies and practices enabled by Reagan, Bush-1, Clinton and, mainly, Bush-2, practices which are and would have been treated as crimes prior to the utterly destructive deregulations occurring during those four administrations.

So while I am disappointed with Obama's timid performance in Office I know the problems you've outlined above are not his fault. The seeds of destruction were planted long before he was elected.

Last edited:
And on the same note of leftist lunacy . . . we have the unionized employees in the state of California (a.k.a., La-La Land) eating the middleclass taxpayers up like gum drops. From American Thinker again with nothin' but love to Toro.

A State of Total Insanity
by Gary Jason
09/2/2011
American Thinker

Two recent stories out of California show that what is already the most stupidly governed state is slipping into outright insanity.

The first is a new illustration of the crazy compensation levels of all too many state employees. It turns out that the chief psychologist for the state's prison system earned $838,706 -- last year alone! To be precise, the shrink earned somewhere between $261,408 and $308,640 in salary, with the remainder coming from bonuses or cashing in unused sick leave.

This is not an anomalous case. Of the ten highest-paid California state employees (all earning more than a half-million bucks a year), seven worked for California's grotesquely dysfunctional prison system. Of those, four were prison doctors or dentists.

. . . It is a testament to the corruption of the Democrats and the greed of the public employee unions. The SEIU thieves simply couldn't care less about the citizens of the state getting better library service for less out of their pockets. They have nothing but profound hatred and contempt for the citizens.

How long the citizens of California will take this sort of abuse before they wake up is beyond my ken to discern. But when they do, I hope that they vote to simply ban public employee unions outright. The harm these unions have caused the state in the three decades they have been allowed is beyond calculation.

Last edited:
Jeezus, you dupes are messed up- "divided and conquered" by the GREEDY mega rich Pubs...The Unions gave up everything but collective bargaining as they aren't A-holes- you are totally misled as always...

Thanks to the 30 years of prosperity that Reagan gave us, the middle class has never been so well off. Unfortunately, Obama and the Dems came into power and put an end to the economic prosperity started by Reagan.

Thanks to the 30 years of prosperity that Reagan gave us, the middle class has never been so well off. Unfortunately, Obama and the Dems came into power and put an end to the economic prosperity started by Reagan.

You are clueless and brainwashed. The richest have tripled their wealth while the rest have suffered. Raygun quadrupled the deficit during a typiical boom and bust (S+L crisis and BS Afghan+Iraq policy ring a bell?) JFC...Pub Dupes!!

Ya know -- it occurs to me that what these "moderate Americans" are missing is that SOMEBODY has to take BIG risks to make "the pie" in the first place.

What if I built a pie factory and nobody buys them? What if my competitor gets shelf space in the grocery and I don't? Do I really want to RISK $10M on a pie company so "moderate Americans" can enjoy them?

All "moderate Americans" have to do is wheel their cart down the freakin' aisle and CHOOSE a pie. Not much risk to that. We've spoiled the heck out of Americans by propagating this myth that life shouldn't HAVE risks, there is no reason to TAKE risks, and people who get rich risked NOTHING to get there...

well said, when Thomas Sowell was asked what the difference was between proggies and cons he said that cons recognize there is just is much you can do and so far you can go, proggies never ever recognize that, you can slap them in the face with proof tills your arms are tired, matters not, life at the end of the day shows up and you cannot rescue everyone from everything and there own innate failings......yet.

take medicare...The feds lead actuary in 65 projected Part A would level up to perhaps to only $9 billion by 1990. Part A in 1990 cost.............. $67 billion. You read that right projected 9, real, 67.....

further-

ED-AK368_1healt_D_20091019182913.jpg

-yet here we are, being told by the likes of obama pelosi Sibelius that hey, obama care? rev. neutral baby, we'll shake out ineffective prgms and inefficiencies, computerize, a watered down mandate IF its allowed to be enacted, even after their schemes have been exposed for what they are, the double counting, gratuitous timeline for enacting the prgm. the timelines shimmied to keep it in the black after years of forward taxes, the waivers....yet, ask them.....all will be well....they live in their own world.

Last edited:
Jeezus, you dupes are messed up- "divided and conquered" by the GREEDY mega rich Pubs...The Unions gave up everything but collective bargaining as they aren't A-holes- you are totally misled as always...
Ok ....Just what is it you want? And don't say "equality" or some other one word or one sentence response.
Give a list of items you think should be forthcoming.
I caution you, if you decide to list a bunch of new government programs be prepared to answer as to how these things will be funded. Soaking the rich is not an answer. As with any new government program, EVERYONE'S taxes will be increased.
Think about your response and carefully consider your list of demands.

Here's a thougt M.C. Start a grass roots effort to restore America and the Constitution. You could call it, lt's see, I got it, The Tea Party.

Ok ....Just what is it you want? And don't say "equality" or some other one word or one sentence response.
I caution you, if you decide to list a bunch of new government programs be prepared to answer as to how these things will be funded. Soaking the rich is not an answer. As with any new government program, EVERYONE'S taxes will be increased.

Raising taxes by 4% on a group who tripled their wealth while everyone else suffered is "soaking the rich" just for brainwashed functional morons...Austerity has stalled the recovery- the problem is JOBS, not debt...what was the debt after WWII? This is another time for big ideas, not paralysis and fear mongering from the A-holes who got us here. Pubs better change or will pay the price in 2012. Everyone but total dittoheads are getting the picture.

Raising taxes by 4% on a group who tripled their wealth while everyone else suffered is "soaking the rich" just for brainwashed functional morons...Austerity has stalled the recovery- the problem is JOBS, not debt...what was the debt after WWII? This is another time for big ideas, not paralysis and fear mongering from the A-holes who got us here. Pubs better change or will pay the price in 2012. Everyone but total dittoheads are getting the picture.
Who suffered? I'm middle class. I am not suffering. No one is taking anything from me. I just go get it done and enhance my career. ANYONE can do that..
.Ok, I asked you to provide a list of items you think necessary. You decided to ignore that and went with same tired rhetoric.
One reason why business are not hiring is because of government deficits.
No one is going to invest in a business or existing business is not going to expand knowing full well that government may very well be demanding new or at least more in taxes.
Banks will not extend credit to business if the federal government cannot control spending. Government spending adversely affects the economy 100% of the time
NO big ideas are needed. Government simply needs to get out

of the way of the marketplace and cut out the stupid overbearing regulations. Regulations are necessary. But not ones that crush business. As a matter of fact the Obama admin has shelved some EPA regs HE wanted. The cost to business would have been $1trillion.

Republicans have been systematically dismantling the middle class in this country for over 30 years by dividing and conquering us. Now it's up to us to unite as a movement, craft our vision, and stop them in their tracks. United we stand, divided we fall:clap2:

Something amazing happened this year that's given me hope. Ever since the middle class protests in Wisconsin this winter, the labor movement has come back together. I've seen the movement spread from the Capitol in Madison to nearly every corner of this country.

The Middle Class can, and will, fight back against the wealthy power elite, and their puppets in the Republican Party. But we cannot allow them to continue to divide and conquer America any longer. We must unite against Tyranny, and stop the monumental wealth re-distribution of over a trillion dollars out of the middle class and into the banks accounts of the wealthiest 1% the past 30 years. The American Middle Class deserve their piece of the American Pie back, and we will take it back if we stand united against those who steal our hard earned money.

Do not vote for any politician who represents the wealthy over the middle class, and make sure you let your representatives know they are there to represent you, not the lobbyists of the wealthy and powerful:clap2:

You don't consider the labor unions of this country a LOBBYIST in Washington D.C?--LOL Well good luck with that one--but you do realize that the AFL--CIO just threw democrats and Obama under the bus don't you---:cuckoo:

Angry Unions Sever Ties With Democrats, Obama

Furthermore--only 7% of the working class in this country even belongs to a union--so I don't where you're seeing all these people on street corners around the country?

And on the same note of leftist lunacy . . . we have the unionized employees in the state of California (a.k.a., La-La Land) eating the middleclass taxpayers up like gum drops. From American Thinker again with nothin' but love to Toro.

A State of Total Insanity
by Gary Jason
09/2/2011
American Thinker

Two recent stories out of California show that what is already the most stupidly governed state is slipping into outright insanity.

The first is a new illustration of the crazy compensation levels of all too many state employees. It turns out that the chief psychologist for the state's prison system earned $838,706 -- last year alone! To be precise, the shrink earned somewhere between $261,408 and $308,640 in salary, with the remainder coming from bonuses or cashing in unused sick leave.

[...]
I am very pro-union but there is something seriously wrong with that example and it should be addressed as the exception it is rather than regarding it as typical.

Republicans have been systematically dismantling the middle class in this country for over 30 years by dividing and conquering us. Now it's up to us to unite as a movement, craft our vision, and stop them in their tracks. United we stand, divided we fall:clap2:

Something amazing happened this year that's given me hope. Ever since the middle class protests in Wisconsin this winter, the labor movement has come back together. I've seen the movement spread from the Capitol in Madison to nearly every corner of this country.

The Middle Class can, and will, fight back against the wealthy power elite, and their puppets in the Republican Party. But we cannot allow them to continue to divide and conquer America any longer. We must unite against Tyranny, and stop the monumental wealth re-distribution of over a trillion dollars out of the middle class and into the banks accounts of the wealthiest 1% the past 30 years. The American Middle Class deserve their piece of the American Pie back, and we will take it back if we stand united against those who steal our hard earned money.

Do not vote for any politician who represents the wealthy over the middle class, and make sure you let your representatives know they are there to represent you, not the lobbyists of the wealthy and powerful:clap2:

Here is what is great about our system. When economic and political power move too far in one direction or the other, the pendulum eventually swings back the other way. We are about at that time when the pendulum begins to swing back toward the working class and the poor and away from the well to do and elite. That doesn't mean the rich will go broke, but the middle class will not be turned into the poor.

I love reading these posts by "oh so successful" right wingers. You know most of them sleep in mom's living room in a bag on the floor of the trailer.

How do Democrats support the middles class? Down grading our debt

The Democrats didn't downgrade any debt. The S&P - the same folks who had Lehman Bros listed as A rated even as they were filing for bankruptcy - downgraded it - only weeks after Republicans got "98%" of what they wanted.

But S&P's opinion doesn't matter. Investors opinions matter. And the day after the S&P "downgraded" our debt - treasury prices went UP - not DOWN. Sounds like investors were downgrading S&P because they just didn't believe them.

Last edited:
jeezus, you dupes are messed up- "divided and conquered" by the greedy mega rich pubs...the unions gave up everything but collective bargaining as they aren't a-holes- you are totally misled as always...
ok ....just what is it you want? And don't say "equality" or some other one word or one sentence response.
I caution you, if you decide to list a bunch of new government programs be prepared to answer as to how these things will be funded. Soaking the rich is not an answer. As with any new government program, everyone's taxes will be increased.

raising taxes by 4% on a group who tripled their wealth while everyone else suffered is "soaking the rich" just for brainwashed functional morons..
.austerity has stalled the recovery- the problem is jobs, not debt...what was the debt after wwii? This is another time for big ideas, not paralysis and fear mongering from the a-holes who got us here. Pubs better change or will pay the price in 2012. Everyone but total dittoheads are getting the picture.

yes!!!

Forum List

Back