Republicans getting ahead of themselves.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
I been saying since the First Debate when Romney changed the Momentum to not get complacent, Don't get Cocky, and don't underestimate Obama.

Today Obama as retaken the Lead on RCP by plus .1.

Hate to say I told you so, But well I did.

It's not over till it's over, Fight like you are way behind until it's over.

Last edited:
Yep--I bet eeveryone will be surprised to find that Roseanne Barr wins the presidentcy with a come from behind super jaw dropping victory!! :booze:

Well yesterday's RCP poll of a head to head matchup between Obama and Romney had Romney slightly ahead but well within the margin of error. But it was the very first time that Romney had been ahead and it did indicate he has lost no momentum. The fact that Obama is ahead by .01% today--really that is absolutely a tie--suggests that Obama was successful in stopping some of the bleeding, but certainly does not indicate a gain in momentum.

But I agree that nothing is yet a done deal. If it stays this close in the polls from now until November 7, none of us can celebrate until all the votes are in an unchallenged. (And if the vote is this close on November 7, it will be challenged.)

Well yesterday's RCP poll of a head to head matchup between Obama and Romney had Romney slightly ahead but well within the margin of error. But it was the very first time that Romney had been ahead and it did indicate he has lost no momentum. The fact that Obama is ahead by .01% today--really that is absolutely a tie--suggests that Obama was successful in stopping some of the bleeding, but certainly does not indicate a gain in momentum.

But I agree that nothing is yet a done deal. If it stays this close in the polls from now until November 7, none of us can celebrate until all the votes are in an unchallenged. (And if the vote is this close on November 7, it will be challenged.)
romeny does have a edge but it still close election for now.

midwest battle still on and that will decide the election.

I been saying since the First Debate when Romney changed the Momentum to not get complacent, Don't get Cocky, and don't underestimate Obama.

Today Obama as retaken the Lead on RCP by plus 1.

well as obama supporter i admit your guy in front but it still close

romney has edge nationally and in more swing states like fi,nc, va in the bag but obama still holding sight lead in wi,ohio,pa,mi and nev . so battle still on for now

but thrid debate is very very big.

The only thing I know for sure is that this place is going to be very entertaining on November 7!

hopefully it does turn into warfare between winners and losers after november 7th. hopefully whoever wins people can move on.

well said OP.

Obama is up in Iowa and WI, by a decent tick. Hes up HUGE with women in these two states as well. And as we all know, it will come down to Ohio as I think FL is all Romney.

We all need to watch Ohio.

well said OP.

Obama is up in Iowa and WI, by a decent tick. Hes up HUGE with women in these two states as well. And as we all know, it will come down to Ohio as I think FL is all Romney.

ohio is key state . but from obama side he can,t forget pa, mi,wi and nev or iowa must win all those before even thinking about ohio.

ohio is big though and battle all out.

well said OP.

ohio is key state . but from obama side he can,t forget pa, mi,wi and nev or iowa must win all those before even thinking about ohio.

ohio is big though and battle all out.

yep, and Last night I did see one in state Poll in PA that actually has Romney up by 4.

Now that is just one poll, But just imagine if they concentrate all this effort on Ohio's 18 EC votes, just to lose PA's 20.

Im not even going to go there with PA, lord only nows which way that state will go. Bu WI and Iowa I think are solid for Obama (you never know!). FL, NC and VA are a STRONG lean for Romeny.

Obama has to win Ohio.

Obama spent 3x as much last week in FL then Romeny did, thats a lot of cash that could come in handy. I am born and raised in the "I-4 corridor", FL is Romeny, too many Romnesia red necks in that area.

Last edited:

Well, they still have a couple of polls from 10-9 and 10-10 they need to take off the list but they're trying to make Romney look better than he is. That Gallup poll is off, there is something wrong with a Romney lead of 6 in that one.

If you believe all of this, you will be quite surprised on election day.

0.1 actually, but yes I have been saying the same thing. As quickly as Romney changed the momentum, Obama can change it back just as quickly. A few of those polls in that RCP calculation I personally give no weight to. The media polls are always terrible so I ignore Hartford Courant, ABC/WaPo, Politico, and FoxNews. That leaves SUSA, Gallup, TIPP, and Rasmussen. SUSA is pretty old by now so I discount that one as well. That leaves Gallup R+6, Rasmussen Tie, and TIPP O+2. That averages out to Romney +1.3....probably about where it is, but that would be inside the margin of error so it's a dead heat.

this is the first normal, adult discussion I have ever had on this board.

there is hope!!!!

Today Obama as retaken the Lead on RCP by plus .1.

Kansas will be sending busloads of people to both IA and CO to knock on doors for Romney.

We know it's a fight !

Don't forget that early voting has begun.

Early voters are omitted from these polls as they are no longer "likely" voters.

I ma not saying that Obama is going to win (we will know 11/7/12), however, early voting is leaning heavily to Obama.

Forum List

Back