Republicans first efforts - bring back earmarks?

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Republicans are already wanting to bring back earmarks. Ryan had to fight to shut it down - telling them to wait until first quarter of 2017.

Drain the swamp my ass. This is what happens when you voted for Trump based on draining the swamp & you vote to elect the same people to Congress.

Same old shit from the Republican Party.

Republicans are already wanting to bring back earmarks. Ryan had to fight to shut it down - telling them to wait until first quarter of 2017.

Drain the swamp my ass. This is what happens when you voted for Trump based on draining the swamp & you vote to elect the same people to Congress.

Same old shit from the Republican Party.

The Republicans are the ones that abolished earmarks over the objections of the Democrats. If you are a Democrat you should be pleased if they bring them back.
But, it ain't gonna happen anyway.

10 hours ago...

Reid Proudly Declares Himself King of Earmarks: 'I Boast About Earmarks'

On a day when "concerned" Senate Democrats met behind closed doors to look for a "path forward," as Sen. Harry Reid described it, Reid told reporters, "I'm one of the kings of earmarks."

The retiring Senate Minority Leader said he's "never apologized to anybody" for his attitude toward taxpayer money that lawmakers direct to be spent on pet projects back home.

Reid Proudly Declares Himself King of Earmarks: 'I Boast About Earmarks'

The legislation was withdrawn. Interesting reason why it was introduced to begin with though. I can see where he's coming from but bringing back earmarks is not the way to do it.

In his own words.

"The congressman said he decided to propose the rule change because he was thwarted in his attempts to have more funding directed towards enforcing the southern border and his attempt to have the Pentagon build a missile defense facility on the East Coast

In each case, he was told that his instructions were banned as earmarks.

Another example is how the federal government uses funds for dredging to support maritime commerce at the port of Long Beach, California, where the residents and voters are Democrats, yet the federal government ignores silt built up at ports in Republican parts of country, he said.

The experience convinced him to end the earmark ban and put the full responsibility and authority for spending back in the Congress, as stated in the Constitution’s Article 1, Section 9, he said.

“You’ve got to be able to tell these agencies what to do,” Culberson said.

“Virtually every problem that you have seen in government is the result of unelected, unaccountable, invisible bureaucrats making decisions instead of elected officials,” he added."

Exclusive-Rep. John Culberson Pulls Proposal to Bring Back Earmarks for a 'Better Process' - Breitbart

Forum List

Back