Republicans block "unemployment extension"

Awww, do they have to go out and get a job, instead of being paid for nothing????

spiderman_crying.gif

Liberals actually thinking the democrats give a shit about the poor.

How easy it is for the democrats to lie to these morons that actually think they care about the poor.

How stupid will liberals allow themselves to get?

As we see we have left wingers on here who don't mind the op spreading misinformation and downright LIES

time to fight back people

yeah sure...Reid wouldn't let them vote on it folks, don't let them lie to you ANYMORE

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/334892-harry-reid-s-obstructionism.html#post8454003

From the very link you made to your own post:
"Democrats such as Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota — who wants to repeal Obamacare’s medical-device tax — and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York — who has waged a highly publicized campaign to reform the way the military handles sexual-assault cases — have been denied votes on their proposed amendments to various bills. Gillibrand had hoped to attach her sexual-assault amendment to the defense-appropriations bill that passed in December, but no amendments were allowed. Klobuchar has called for “a more open amendment process” because she’d like a vote on repealing the medical-device tax."

Now if you could be tell me what these have to do with unemployment benefits. I will tell you what they do have to do with, obstruction.

... Well, there they go again. Unemployment benefits were extended under Bush 5 times. And that was when USMB Republicans said the economy was doing so well. All those great deficit creating tax cuts for the rich.

The Republicans already are in trouble. The Party is dying. If they let the Democrats create benefits the American People actually can use to improve their lives, the Republicans won't have a chance. They've got to everything they can to obstruct the Democrats. It's the only chance of survival the Republicans have.

... Well, there they go again. Unemployment benefits were extended under Bush 5 times. And that was when USMB Republicans said the economy was doing so well. All those great deficit creating tax cuts for the rich.

The Republicans already are in trouble. The Party is dying. If they let the Democrats create benefits the American People actually can use to improve their lives, the Republicans won't have a chance. They've got to everything they can to obstruct the Democrats. It's the only chance of survival the Republicans have.

UE Benes do not improve your like. Are y'all really that delusional or ignorant of economics? Its scary.

The idiot troll thinking that it is the UE benefits that helped the economy under Bush... and thinking that the REPs actually 'blocked' anything...

This idiot, along with his idiot brethren in TDM, carby, Joe steel, closed minded, etc all need to have their threads immediately thrown in the badlands and rubber room.. this shit is more than out of hand here on the site

The Party is dying.

The country is dying. There, I fixed it for your ignorant, brainwashed ass.

Funny you should mention "brainwashed." Well, not really funny, more like timely. What is happening to the Republican party right now is what happens to nearly all totalitarian regimes in the end. They hold power by brainwashing, if you will, that their way is the only way and that they are not to be questioned. Little by little people start to speak out against the regime. The problem the regime faces is that they might be willing to allow some descent but they know where it would lead and so they double down on oppression. A fitting example of this is the unemployment benefit extension. Some Republicans might be for voting for the bill but that would put a crack in the wall. Absolutely no admission that the poor are in need of help must be given. That is why absolutely no moderate Republican candidates will be on the ballots this fall. I am not saying anything new of course. It is common knowledge to many.

The idiot troll thinking that it is the UE benefits that helped the economy under Bush... and thinking that the REPs actually 'blocked' anything...

This idiot, along with his idiot brethren in TDM, carby, Joe steel, closed minded, etc all need to have their threads immediately thrown in the badlands and rubber room.. this shit is more than out of hand here on the site

Idiots don't intimidate you, do they? ;)

The country is dying. There, I fixed it for your ignorant, brainwashed ass.

Funny you should mention "brainwashed." Well, not really funny, more like timely. What is happening to the Republican party right now is what happens to nearly all totalitarian regimes in the end. They hold power by brainwashing, if you will, that their way is the only way and that they are not to be questioned. Little by little people start to speak out against the regime. The problem the regime faces is that they might be willing to allow some descent but they know where it would lead and so they double down on oppression. A fitting example of this is the unemployment benefit extension. Some Republicans might be for voting for the bill but that would put a crack in the wall. Absolutely no admission that the poor are in need of help must be given. That is why absolutely no moderate Republican candidates will be on the ballots this fall. I am not saying anything new of course. It is common knowledge to many.

We're not talking about the "poor" you idiot. The people need jobs & an improved economy not some more crumbs from the democratic dinner table.

The GOP will go along eventually, once they get as much as they think they can from the Dems.

Both parties' candidates need the bill for the elections this fall.

We're not talking about the "poor" you idiot. The people need jobs & an improved economy not some more crumbs from the democratic dinner table.

I am not even going ask what "the democratic dinner table" is. (Actually, I just did.) No one will disagree with you about the need for jobs and a better economy but that is a different topic. Yes, we are talking about the "poor." It is about people who are very hard hit without that $300 a week for up to the next 3 months while they continue to look for a job. You seem completely unaware of how unemployment benefits actually work. A last point, 58% of Americans are for the unemployment benefits extension.

This is what GOP KNOW that obviously idiots like you don't!

GOP are against continued unemployment checks WHEN the administration is in FAVOR of destroying jobs.

Also, are you aware of WHO actually pays the unemployment checks?
YOU and countless uninformed people think the government does.
Where does the government get the money to pay the checks?

IT IS CALLED Federal Unemployment Tax
The Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA), with state unemployment systems, provides for payments of unemployment compensation to workers who have lost their jobs. Most employers pay both a Federal and a state unemployment tax.
Only the employer pays FUTA tax; it is not deducted from the employee's wages. For more information, refer to the Instructions for Form 940 (PDF).
Federal Unemployment Tax

So tell me WHERE does the tax revenue come from? EXISTING EMPLOYERS...
BUT when Obama and his administration is BENT on destroying jobs tell me then where will the employers get the money to pay FUTA???
And under HIS directions i.e. he appoints EPA executives to meet his statements....

Obama said: "if somebody wants to build coal utility plant it’s just that it will bankrupt them,![/I][/B][/COLOR]"

"EPA itself estimated that its ozone standard would cost $90 billion a year,
while other studies have projected that the rule could cost upwards of a trillion dollars and destroy 7.4 million jobs.

Boiler MACT Rule: EPA's Boiler MACT (Maximum Achievable Control Technology) standards are so strict that not even the best-performing sources can meet them, so many companies will have no choice but to shut their doors and ship manufacturing jobs overseas.
The rule has been projected to reduce US GDP by as much as 1.2 billion dollars and will destroy nearly 800,000 jobs.
Articles: Obama's EPA Plans for 2013

Jimmy Kimmel Savages ObamaCare and Uninformed Young People Who Support It | NewsBusters

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back