Republicans blast Facebook for endangering democracy: "That's our job!"

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:abgg2q.jpg:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Senate Republicans have blasted Facebook for endangering democracy, with Senator Mitch McConnell defiantly declaring, “That’s our job.”​
Several of McConnell’s Senate colleagues, including Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, concurred that, by destabilizing democratic institutions, Facebook was encroaching on Republican turf.​
“On January 6th, I was on the ground, giving insurrectionists a hearty fist pump,” Hawley said. “When it comes to attacking democracy, I don’t need Facebook’s quote-unquote ‘help.’ ”​
“When it was time to delegitimize the election results, where was Facebook?” Cruz said. “The hard, grinding work of shredding democratic norms fell to dedicated foot soldiers, like yours truly.”​
But the harshest critique of Facebook came from McConnell, who called Facebook’s efforts to undermine democracy “amateurish at best.”​
“Facebook acted like it was such a big deal when their network shut down earlier this week,” the Senate Majority Leader said. “Well, we Republicans have been working tirelessly to shut down the entire U.S. government. Sorry, Facebook, but I’m not impressed.”​

Forum List

Back