Republicans are in trouble

Actually very plain.

We are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars waiting to see which way the wind blows. Capital spending in the U.S. is almost nothing.

We are sitting on that money because consumer demand doesn't justify investing it. It has nothing to do with the president.

Overseas, we can't spend it fast enough.

If that were true, we wouldn't be sitting on mountains of cash.

Actually very plain.

We are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars waiting to see which way the wind blows. Capital spending in the U.S. is almost nothing.

We are sitting on that money because consumer demand doesn't justify investing it. It has nothing to do with the president.

Overseas, we can't spend it fast enough.

If that were true, we wouldn't be sitting on mountains of cash.

It has everything to do with the president. We (the corporation I work for) are making decisions to export manufacturing to other places because of the cost uncertainty of this country due to regulation. Crow all you want...I sit in meetings and hear it all the time.

That mountain of cash was for domestic spending. It is not as high as it once was. We are still sitting on a bunch of it, but our regional operators are clamoring for more and more of it and making good cases to get it.

Honestly, this is Obama's election to lose. The economy is already showing signs of improving. GDP is up over 2.5%, unemployment will be down below 9%, corporations are making earnings hand over fist... and the best candidate the Republicans have to show us is Mitt Romney, who has an opinion based upon what day of the week and what direction the wind is blowing.

A 3rd party candidate like Ron Paul will only split the Republican vote.

Honestly, all Obama has to do is just maintain the course and hope that nothing absolutely horrible happens in the next year and that the economy continues to, even if slowly, improve.

The American people do not like Obama. He is cold, aloof, distant, rarely shows personality, his economy policies have increased our national debt by over $3 trillion, our federal deficit each year is over $1 trillion... but at least they know they can trust him. He's taken out Ghadaffi, Osama, the guy in Yemen... we are SAFER today, then we were 4 years ago.

Romney is a flip-flopper. The American people will not be able to trust him and the American people would rather vote for someone they trust vs. someone they like. All Obama has to do is stay the course, hope that no scandals arise, make a few speeches, beat Romney in a debate or two and promise Israel that they can launch their attack on Iran in December 2012.
I think you're on to something here but the thread title is misleading. You should have inserted a presidential campaign reference. The GOP in general is on solid ground. It's poised to take the majority in the Senate next year and keep the House.
However, no GOP presidential hopeful has been outstanding.
As a matter of fact, they've been on a scale of 10 about a 5....I'm telling you right now Newt Gingrich is going to win the nomination. Cain has been neutralized. Whether he's guilty or not is immaterial. I wish it was not that way but unfortunately we're dealing with people who are more interested in how many times a day Lindsay Fucking Lohan farts. So Cain is guilty because "ya know what I heard"...And "those women would not have come out in public if it we'rent true."......Perry while proving to the country he's a 'real' person, comes across as just a sharper version of Bush 43.
Romney represents that New England arrogance with a hint of blue state liberalism. The Massachusetts health care system is hard for him to live down We already have an arrogant person in the White House.
Bachmann, would be better suited as a behind the scenes mover and shaker. Then wait for her Cabinet appointment.
The rest are far back ready to be pulled up and vanned off.
Now....The reasons why I see Gingrich possibly emerging as the front runner...Through the debates he has been a low key voice of reason. He's said nothing controversial while not backing away from any issue. I believe Gingrich will resonate with both fiscal and social conservatives. Gingrich is smart though. He will give social conservatives, particularly church people, just enough to keep them happy and more or less off his back but in his camp. Like it or not, religious conservatives are an important voting bloc for GOP presidential candidates.
Gingrich's biggest hurdle is his appearance. He comes across as "mean guy"....Even though that is not his nature, unfortunately, people judge others on appearance and women especially, will think twice about voting for a guy that looks "like he might be mean"...
Tell ya what...If only people who keep themselves informed were permitted to vote we'd have much better people in elected office. On both sides of the aisle.

BTW, you went haywire with that silly comment about an invasion of Iran in Dec 2012...Please keep religious prophecy out of a political forum. If you feel the need to discuss the end times, please feel free to consult the minister/pastor/priest of your choice

Last edited:
DavidS, you hit the nail straight on the head. Obama is kill every republican in the polls(electrol votes). The American people DON'T want more war and certainly don't want us to attack Iran. If the economy improves Obama wins another 4 years.

Dude..it is ISRAEL which desire to attack Iran.....
Obama is "kill" every republican in the polls?....HUH?
Polls don't mean shit at this juncture.
You're right about current military actions. However, Obama cannot pull our people from Afghanistan without appearing weak. He's stuck with that one.
The economy will improve only slightly( Ben Bernanke said that). Not enough to save Obama from fiscally conscious voters who will lash out at Obama.
Obama could win if.....He lifts all oil moratoriums. Admits that decreasing regulations on business . lowering instead of raising taxes on business, get's rid of this silly notion of anyone making over $250,000 is rich and needs to pay their alleged fair share when he knows God Damned well the top 10% of wage earners pay 50% of of the total taxes in the US....No Obama will not do this. He has to appeal to his base rather than what is going to get him elected..Trust me, if Obama did the above, he'd still get the liberal vote. And he'd win over virtually ALL independents..Hell if he did that which I suggested above, I'd vote for him.

Honestly, this is Obama's election to lose. The economy is already showing signs of improving. GDP is up over 2.5%, unemployment will be down below 9%, corporations are making earnings hand over fist... and the best candidate the Republicans have to show us is Mitt Romney, who has an opinion based upon what day of the week and what direction the wind is blowing.

Honestly, all Obama has to do is just maintain the course and hope that nothing absolutely horrible happens in the next year and that the economy continues to, even if slowly, improve.

The American people do not like Obama. He is cold, aloof, distant, rarely shows personality, his economy policies have increased our national debt by over $3 trillion, our federal deficit each year is over $1 trillion... but at least they know they can trust him. He's taken out Ghadaffi, Osama, the guy in Yemen... we are SAFER today, then we were 4 years ago.

Romney is a flip-flopper. The American people will not be able to trust him and the American people would rather vote for someone they trust vs. someone they like. All Obama has to do is stay the course, hope that no scandals arise, make a few speeches, beat Romney in a debate or two and promise Israel that they can launch their attack on Iran in December 2012.

The bolded bit. You're not describing Obama.
The bold is spot on.. Obama is an Ivy League Elitist

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 19 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

Obama deserves to be re-elected, my friends.

The only thing Obama deserves is prison time.........................

The left is going to look at a republican candidate and say he's in trouble, hasn't got a chance. The right is going to look at the same candidate and say "He's got a lot of good ideas". Like, getting rid of the Department of Education.

So what you're basically saying is that if Obama continues to do nothing...as he has for the last year...that we should reelect him so he can continue to do nothing for another four years? Gee, David...there are Americans out there that need this situation to get better before they lose everything they've worked their entire lives for. Admit it, the reason you're asking him to "stay the course" is that you're cognizant of the fact that Obama doesn't have any solutions to our problems...his rehash of the first stimulus, renaming it so some naive people (Hi, Betty!) think it's something different...shows that he's out of ideas on how to improve the economy. So if we reelect him we're asking for another four years of rudderless leadership. This whole "stay the course" strategy of yours is another way of saying...do nothing...and hope things magically get better. It's what we've been getting from Obama since his "stimulus" failed.

Between you and I? Obama winning a second term at this point would be like giving Perry another minute to come up with the third Department he wanted to eliminate in that debate...if you don't have the answer to a question then the best course of action is to admit it and ask for help. If he wins reelection next November Obama STILL won't have anymore of an answer than he does now...only we'll be stuck with him for an EXCRUCIATINGLY LONG TIME!

The left is going to look at a republican candidate and say he's in trouble, hasn't got a chance. The right is going to look at the same candidate and say "He's got a lot of good ideas". Like, getting rid of the Department of Education.

Oh for the day when a Republican Candidate would say "I am not going to solve your problems because I can't. I am simply going to get as much out of your way as I can to allow you to lead your own lives. And if you make mistakes, trip, and fall, you'll survive. But, I am not going to pick you up when you can get up yourself and it is better for you to do so."

If you are right and the corps are not hiring for poltical reasons then the corps are fucking with our democracy huh?

If corps are using their power to control our democracy then you know why there are Americans protesting in the streets to stop them huh?

It has everything to do with the president. We (the corporation I work for) are making decisions to export manufacturing to other places because of the cost uncertainty of this country due to regulation. Crow all you want...I sit in meetings and hear it all the time.

You're exporting manufacturing jobs to other places because of the "cost uncertainty?" Is that even English? What is Cost Uncertainty? You have no idea how much it will cost to manufacture something?

Shouldn't you blame your suppliers for that and not Obama?

If you are right and the corps are not hiring for poltical reasons then the corps are fucking with our democracy huh?

If corps are using their power to control our democracy then you know why there are Americans protesting in the streets to stop them huh?

Once again we are not a democracy, carry on.

The "corps" aren't "fucking with our democracy" they're "running" our democracy. To include most politicians and our President.

As soon as Americans accept this fact we can start to fix it.

The "corps" aren't "fucking with our democracy" they're "running" our democracy. To include most politicians and our President.

As soon as Americans accept this fact we can start to fix it.

The answer is already in front of us. GET THE MONEY OUT

Republicans have a sticky problem, they will have to play extremist to the base for the primaries and then make some massive flip-flops to attempt to appeal to the center. I do not think it can be done with a straight face, especially after OWS gets involved, they are going to make themselves and the banking industry the central issue of the elections.

Fine, good luck to them. Themselves, huh? How many have turned up dead, raped, or have peed and pooped publicly, or destroyed public property and whatnot? Yep, put those clowns out front for all Americans and the world to see. And then dust off that hope and change crap again.

What is the labor cost if you export manufacturing to other places, compared to here? Unless you are talking about investing in Western Europe, Canada, Japan, or another first-world country, any cost differential from regulations is going to be dwarfed by the savings in labor costs. That alone makes any claim that regulations are the main reason for the decision impossible to credit.

In any case, there's a difference between investing one place versus another, and investing versus not investing.

Forum List

Back