Republicans are in trouble

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Honestly, this is Obama's election to lose. The economy is already showing signs of improving. GDP is up over 2.5%, unemployment will be down below 9%, corporations are making earnings hand over fist... and the best candidate the Republicans have to show us is Mitt Romney, who has an opinion based upon what day of the week and what direction the wind is blowing.

A 3rd party candidate like Ron Paul will only split the Republican vote.

Honestly, all Obama has to do is just maintain the course and hope that nothing absolutely horrible happens in the next year and that the economy continues to, even if slowly, improve.

The American people do not like Obama. He is cold, aloof, distant, rarely shows personality, his economy policies have increased our national debt by over $3 trillion, our federal deficit each year is over $1 trillion... but at least they know they can trust him. He's taken out Ghadaffi, Osama, the guy in Yemen... we are SAFER today, then we were 4 years ago.

Romney is a flip-flopper. The American people will not be able to trust him and the American people would rather vote for someone they trust vs. someone they like. All Obama has to do is stay the course, hope that no scandals arise, make a few speeches, beat Romney in a debate or two and promise Israel that they can launch their attack on Iran in December 2012.

dude, no one trusts obama and if obama wins well, ill take ANY bet anyone wants to make. it just wont happen.

Summer of next year would better represent what a candidates chances for reelection are.

DavidS, you hit the nail straight on the head. Obama is kill every republican in the polls(electrol votes). The American people DON'T want more war and certainly don't want us to attack Iran. If the economy improves Obama wins another 4 years.

Honestly, this is Obama's election to lose. The economy is already showing signs of improving. GDP is up over 2.5%, unemployment will be down below 9%, corporations are making earnings hand over fist... and the best candidate the Republicans have to show us is Mitt Romney, who has an opinion based upon what day of the week and what direction the wind is blowing.

Honestly, all Obama has to do is just maintain the course and hope that nothing absolutely horrible happens in the next year and that the economy continues to, even if slowly, improve.

The American people do not like Obama. He is cold, aloof, distant, rarely shows personality, his economy policies have increased our national debt by over $3 trillion, our federal deficit each year is over $1 trillion... but at least they know they can trust him. He's taken out Ghadaffi, Osama, the guy in Yemen... we are SAFER today, then we were 4 years ago.

Romney is a flip-flopper. The American people will not be able to trust him and the American people would rather vote for someone they trust vs. someone they like. All Obama has to do is stay the course, hope that no scandals arise, make a few speeches, beat Romney in a debate or two and promise Israel that they can launch their attack on Iran in December 2012.

The bolded bit. You're not describing Obama.

100765_600.jpg

It's not that I trust Obama. It's that I trust the Republican candidates, each one of them -- to do every crazy, loonie, reality-denying, cockeyed, bizarro-world thing they say they'll do.

GDP is up over 2.5%
Only 2.5%? Not very impressive. We can do better.

unemployment will be down below 9%
Bongo said 8% when he signed his Porkulus bill. Still waiting on that.

BTW David....where are we at regarding the budget deficit? Oh yeah...in the TRILLIONS. Near $2 trillion, aren't we? Not exactly something to brag about.

You really think obama has a snow balls chance in hell of winning? HISTORY HAS SHOWN THAT WITH A WEAK ECONOMY THE RESIDING PRESIDENT IS NEVER RE-ELECTED. I would wait a few months before I made that claim. If the economy stay's in the shitter like it is unless he cheats Saddam has a better chance coming back to life then obma winning dog catch in bum fuck Egypt.

GDP is up over 2.5%
Only 2.5%? Not very impressive. We can do better.

unemployment will be down below 9%
Bongo said 8% when he signed his Porkulus bill. Still waiting on that.

BTW David....where are we at regarding the budget deficit? Oh yeah...in the TRILLIONS. Near $2 trillion, aren't we? Not exactly something to brag about.

Defecit of $1.1 trillion is NOT near $2 trillion. Still not good, but Dubyah never managed to balance the budget. No Republican has since Calvin Coolidge. Reagan made it worse than anyone.

Can we do better than 2.5% GDP? Absolutely! But dude - we got our fucking leg blown off. You want us to run a marathon the next day. Ain't happening. Our GDP is $14.58 trillion, bigger than any other country in the world.

You really think obama has a snow balls chance in hell of winning? HISTORY HAS SHOWN THAT WITH A WEAK ECONOMY THE RESIDING PRESIDENT IS NEVER RE-ELECTED. I would wait a few months before I made that claim. If the economy stay's in the shitter like it is unless he cheats Saddam has a better chance coming back to life then obma winning dog catch in bum fuck Egypt.

This premise is incorrect. A 2.5% increase of $14.5 trillion shows that our economy spent $362 billion more in our 3rd quarter than the previous quarter. We're not going to see 8's or 9's over here.

Republicans have a sticky problem, they will have to play extremist to the base for the primaries and then make some massive flip-flops to attempt to appeal to the center. I do not think it can be done with a straight face, especially after OWS gets involved, they are going to make themselves and the banking industry the central issue of the elections.

Did anyone actually watch the debate last night? All of the Republican's running for president did not have clue on important issues. Perry wants to get rid of the department of education, ---this guy needs to go back to school. Romney looked like he rolled out of bed. Cain still degrading women calling Nancey Pelosi "Princess."

These people are waisting valuable air time that could be spent on covering the OWS movement.

Did anyone actually watch the debate last night? All of the Republican's running for president did not have clue on important issues. Perry wants to get rid of the department of education, ---this guy needs to go back to school. Romney looked like he rolled out of bed. Cain still degrading women calling Nancey Pelosi "Princess."

These people are waisting valuable air time that could be spent on covering the OWS movement.

obama has been President for almost three years now. What is his excuse?

This premise is incorrect. A 2.5% increase of $14.5 trillion shows that our economy spent $362 billion more in our 3rd quarter than the previous quarter. We're not going to see 8's or 9's over here.

You are looking at it in the wrong way. What people notice is their wallets and how many people they know who are on short time or out of work. They notice all the people at the grocery store using those food stamp plastic cards. They notice that gas has not went down even though it was said gas would go down when Gadaffi gone. They really don't care about the GDP or dow or nasdk numbers they care about the numbers in their wallet. Those numbers are not in obamas favor.

Last edited:

Yes...apparently YOU didn't...and if you did? It fell upon deaf ears, and blind eyes.

You are looking at it in the wrong way. What people notice is their wallets and how many people they know who are on short time or out of work. They notice all the people at the grocery store using those food stamp plastic cards. They notice that gas has not went down even though it was said gas would go down when Gadaffi gone. They really don't care about the GDP or dow or nasdk numbers they care about the numbers in their wallet. Those numbers are not in obamas favor.

I understand your premise--and it is a good one. Your right--People are concerned about how much money they have in their wallet, how much gas is, and if they are going to work 40 hours or not in a week to pay their bills.

Just because I don't support Rep on all issues doesn't mean I support Obama either on other issues. For example, I live in an area that is infested with illegal aliens who have stolen all the jobs in my small town. I see citizens of my small town eat out of garbage cans and at the same time illegal aliens walking out of a Ralcorp company after their shift. This pisses me off. At this time it is the Republicans who are brave enough to tackle is illegal alien issue--while at the same time the Dems and Obama shelter them.

Yet, on the other hand, I am for a national healthcare system---just not one that mandates a person to purchase insurance.

For me the messege from both parites = failure for the "People."

But if I had to choose a party on election day 2012--It will be Democratic--the GOP are too extreme. They preach smaller government, yet want to tell me how much salt I can take in and/or tell my neighbor's daughter after she has been raped that she must have the child. By saying they want smaller gov and want to invade civil liberties is contrary to their messege. Their base is extreme and I can't go there.

But this does not mean the Dems are not extreme either. There are. They want to mandate that everyone in the US purchase insurance for just being alive. Also they are giving special treatment to a class of people who are breaking Federal immigration law. Allowing them to jump ahead of the line without paying dues or doing the work. That is extreme. And further reward breaking the law with benefits and education. This practice of rewarding law breakers has to end.

I am for OWS movement, because, unlike the Teaparty we are not going to allow the Dems to suck them into their practices that don't work for the people who are paying the bills---

Forum List

Back