Republicans Are Discovering The Secret to Winning Again!

schmidlap

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2020
MAIL-IN VOTING!

Before the 2020 election, Pennsylvania Republicans were publicly lauding themselves as proponents of voting by mail after they passed a vote-by-mail bill to “serves to preserve the integrity of every election and lift the voice of every voter in the commonwealth,” said GOP House majority leader Bryan Cutler. Eight of the bill’s nine sponsors were Republicans.

For the past two years, Republican officials have blasted mail voting, firing off lawsuits and bills aimed at crippling the balloting method that has become increasingly popular... In the wake of a midterm cycle that proved disastrous for them, they’re wondering if their antipathy to the idea cost them the election.
“There’s no question in my mind that Republicans have to have a different mail-in strategy,” said Andy Reilly, a Republican National Committeeman in Pennsylvania. “When one party votes for 30 days and one party votes for one, you’re definitely going to lose.”

Nearly every Republican state legislator had backed Act 77 of 2019, legalizing no-excuse mail voting, but flip-flopped like beached blowfish and mindlessly parroted the shrill whining of Cry Baby Trump when the Loser needed to contrive a pretext for his losing.

Kowtowing to the Loser resulted in the Pennsylvania Blue Wave of 2022 in which Republicans lost key races for governor, Senate, House and the state legislature, courtesy of the Loser's inducing paranoia regarding mail-in voting.

Pennsylvania Republicans learned the hard way that it's better to

DUMP THE TRUMP!
EMPOWER THE PEOPLE!

As a Pennsylvanian we love voting by mail, it gives you time to read and consider all the issues on the ballot. Oh and DeSantis is as bad as Trump imo.

'Lest We Forget: A Catalog Of Trump's....'

As a Pennsylvanian we love voting by mail, it gives you time to read and consider all the issues on the ballot.

Heh heh. This is funny. Stupid me, I've always thought that you sent prospective representatives to represent you with ''the issues'' considered, decided and in hand.

The way you describe it kind of reminds me of ''we have to pass this bill so we can see what's in it.''

So, tell us.

What did the ballot tell Pennsylvanians the issues were?

America is a leader of Western nations.

Yes, despite the Cry Baby Loser's tantrum, the United States will again set the precedent for other democratic nations by facilitating voting for all Americans.

“Currently, 14 countries in Europe provide in-country postal voting opportunities to voters... In eight of these countries, all voters are eligible, and in six only voters in certain outlined categories may vote.”

Last edited:
Yes, despite the Cry Baby Loser's tantrum, the United States will again set the precedent for other democratic nations by facilitating voting for all Americans.

Are you sure that is all you are facilitating?

Is Europe and creepy Canada, who don't allow computer voting or mail in ballots now undemocratic? If so, you should sanction these countries in defense of democracy.

I'm slowly losing my conservative spirit, but on this issue I have to agree that the risks are too great to just blindly accept "fast hands" forcing election results, especially when the standards are low and harvesting occurs.

If a vote doesn't meet the basic requirements of say, a contract, that of date, signature and I.D, then what is being said about the importance of democracy for ALL citizens?

Last edited:
Are you sure that is all you are facilitating?

Is Europe and creepy Canada, who don't allow computer voting or mail in ballots now undemocratic? If so, you should sanction these countries in defense of democracy.

I'm slowly losing my conservative spirit, but on this issue I have to agree that the risks are too great to just blindly accept "fast hands" forcing election results, especially when the standards are low and harvesting occurs.

If a vote doesn't meet the basic requirements of say, a contract, that of date, signature and I.D, then what is being said about the importance of democracy for ALL citizens?
As Republican in the PA legislature had emphasized in their touting mail-in voting in 2019, it has long worked wonderfully in Utah according to Utah Republicans. Underscoring the security of vote-by-mail is the inability to contrive any fraud relating to it in 2020 in any court in the land, despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth..

As Republican in the PA legislature had emphasized in their touting mail-in voting in 2019, it has long worked wonderfully in Utah according to Utah Republicans. Underscoring the security of vote-by-mail is the inability to contrive any fraud relating to it in 2020 in any court in the land, despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth..

Maybe. I just find it convenient that some members of some parties tout democracy in one part of the world, wanting to be less American/more European EXCEPT on the issue of safe, secure, accountable voting, the most sacred and critical process in a democracy.

In Iowa, the Republican Party mailed absentee ballot applications to voters without waiting for requests. In Pennsylvania, the GOP’s website promotes voting by mail: “Vote Safe: By mail. From home.” And in Ohio, the Republican Party sent mailers with Trump’s photo saying “Join President Trump and Vote by Absentee Ballot.” August 19, 2020

Maybe. I just find it convenient that some members of some parties tout democracy in one part of the world, wanting to be less American/more European EXCEPT on the issue of safe, secure, accountable voting, the most sacred and critical process in a democracy.
Regardless of how other democracies conduct their elections, voting by mail in the U.S. has proved to be a very secure way to conduct democracy and maximize participation.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.32.24 AM.png

2020, when there was an upsurge in the popularity of mail-in voting, was "the most secure in the nation’s history" according to Trump's Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.

Republicans also pioneered Arizona’s mail-in balloting system, which now accounts for about 80% of the state’s vote. Chuck Coughlin, a longtime GOP operative, said,

It should be noted that election fraud is attempted. Consider Trump's Chief-of Staff claiming residence in an out-of state, dilapidated mobile home.

These sleazeballs must be prosecuted.

...Peters gained national prominence by promoting conspiracy theories about voting machines and lost a bid to become the Republican candidate for Colorado's secretary of state, who oversees elections, earlier this year. She is charged with three counts of attempting to influence a public servant, criminal impersonation, two counts of conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation, one count of identity theft, first-degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failing to comply with the secretary of state.

“Currently, 14 countries in Europe provide in-country postal voting opportunities to voters... In eight of these countries, all voters are eligible, and in six only voters in certain outlined categories may vote.”
You're a lying traitor bastard.

Forum List

Back