Republican to resign from Republican House

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) will resign from Congress on Monday, according to multiple sources.

Radel, 37, was caught buying cocaine last year from an undercover federal agent in Washington and spent nearly a month in a rehabilitation facility. He returned to Congress after the winter recess.

Read more: Trey Radel to resign House seat - POLITICO.com

wonder if Boehner/Cantor applied pressure on him to do this? :eusa_think:

Discuss...

why cant he pull a rob ford excuse? im sure tinyturd will be here to defend this.

Republican Congressman Trey Radel is resigning:

r

Photo source.

Florida congressman Radel resigns after cocaine charge | Reuters

(Reuters) - Republican Representative Trey Radel, who was charged in November with buying cocaine, resigned from Congress on Monday, saying he could no longer effectively serve the people he represents in southern Florida.

Radel, 37, elected to the House of Representatives in 2012 backed by the conservative Tea Party movement, returned to Congress in January, six weeks after he pleaded guilty to cocaine possession and checked into a rehabilitation clinic.

"Unfortunately, some of my struggles had serious consequences. While I have dealt with those issues on a personal level, it is my belief that professionally I cannot fully and effectively serve as a United States Representative to the place I love and call home, Southwest Florida," he wrote in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner on Monday.

Radel was charged with buying 3.5 grams of cocaine in Washington on October 29, in the presence of an undercover agent.

The House Committee on Ethics in December said it would launch an investigation into whether Radel violated congressional rules or broke any other laws related to his responsibilities as a member of Congress.

Radel had rebuffed calls for his resignation from the Republican Party of Florida and Governor Rick Scott as other Florida Republicans expressed interest in his seat.

This means that the seat in FL-19 remains vacant until a special election is called.

Here the FL election laws, I don't have time to go through them all.

http://doe.dos.state.fl.us/rules/index.shtml

Trey Radel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
If he had any honor, he would have resigned the day after his arrest instead of waiting to see if he could get away with it and hold onto his earthly power.

Last edited:
If he had any honor, he would have resigned the day after his arrest instead of waiting to see if he could get away with it and hold onto his earthly power.

If he was a Democrat he wouldn't resign at all just ask San Diego Mayor Bob Filner.

Glad he did.
Unfortunately I believe there are many Congressional members on both sides of the aisle doing just the same, maybe even more. They just haven't gotten caught.

Rep. Trey Radel (R-Fla.) will resign from Congress on Monday, according to multiple sources.

Radel, 37, was caught buying cocaine last year from an undercover federal agent in Washington and spent nearly a month in a rehabilitation facility. He returned to Congress after the winter recess.

Read more: Trey Radel to resign House seat - POLITICO.com

wonder if Boehner/Cantor applied pressure on him to do this? :eusa_think:

Discuss...

Hopefully.....:eusa_pray:

The Green Papers: What's New

The Green Papers is announcing that Gov. Rick Scott (R-FL) has called a primary date on:

04/22/2014

And an election based on the primary on:

06/24/2014

to replace Trey Radel (R-FL 19), who resigned in disgrace after the cocaine scandal.

Whoever wins will only fill the seat until the next Congress.

The regularly scheduled primary for the November mid-terms is on:

08/26/2014

http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/fe2014/2014pdates.pdf

@Dot_Com

Republican Congressman Trey Radel is resigning:

r

Photo source.

Florida congressman Radel resigns after cocaine charge | Reuters

(Reuters) - Republican Representative Trey Radel, who was charged in November with buying cocaine, resigned from Congress on Monday, saying he could no longer effectively serve the people he represents in southern Florida.

Radel, 37, elected to the House of Representatives in 2012 backed by the conservative Tea Party movement, returned to Congress in January, six weeks after he pleaded guilty to cocaine possession and checked into a rehabilitation clinic.

"Unfortunately, some of my struggles had serious consequences. While I have dealt with those issues on a personal level, it is my belief that professionally I cannot fully and effectively serve as a United States Representative to the place I love and call home, Southwest Florida," he wrote in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner on Monday.

Radel was charged with buying 3.5 grams of cocaine in Washington on October 29, in the presence of an undercover agent.

The House Committee on Ethics in December said it would launch an investigation into whether Radel violated congressional rules or broke any other laws related to his responsibilities as a member of Congress.

Radel had rebuffed calls for his resignation from the Republican Party of Florida and Governor Rick Scott as other Florida Republicans expressed interest in his seat.
This means that the seat in FL-19 remains vacant until a special election is called.

Here the FL election laws, I don't have time to go through them all.

Laws and Procedures - Florida Division of Elections - Department of State

Trey Radel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rep Radel is on my prayer list for his healing from addiction. May his experience of beating his addiction help others with similar problems take time to heal from their issues, too. :eusa_pray:

^ can you add into your prayer :eusa_pray: that a Patriotic Democrat, AOT a party-first, Republican, wins the seat beki? :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back