Republican sorry for 'put her back in the kitchen' slap

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Republican sorry for ‘put her back in the kitchen’ slap - Blogs from CNN.com
Washington (CNN) - The head of an Ohio Republican organization took back a slap at a Democratic congresswoman on Friday after a recent campaign flyer said she should be put "back in the kitchen."

Read the flyer here [pdf]

Rep. Betty Sutton is the subject of the political attack by the Medina County Republican Executive Committee. The flyer was sent to about 15,000 Ohio homes as part of the political effort to try and defeat her in November.

"Let's take Betty Sutton out of the House and put her back in the kitchen!" the Medina County GOP said in the flyer. In a statement posted on her campaign website, Sutton blasted the line as "an insult to all women.
"

Sutton called for Bill Heck, chairman of the county committee, to step down.

Heck defended the flyer's overall message, telling CNN it was intended to educate and engage voters. And he dismissed Sutton's call for his resignation.

"If there's going be a change that's going to come from the Medina County Republican Party," Heck said.

But Heck acknowledged the "back in the kitchen" line was in poor taste. "I agree with her 100 percent," Heck said of Sutton's complaint.

Oh Republicans, it's not 1952 anymore.

Edit: For those who have a broken sarcasm meter, I was being sarcastic with my commentary on this story. So stop crying.

Last edited:
Forgotten "Hymietown" and "white interlopers" so soon?

Oh yeah...The knuckle-draggers who said those things are black and carry that (D) by their name.

Never mind. :rolleyes:

Yea,
1984 seems like just yesterday?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Republican sorry for ‘put her back in the kitchen’ slap - Blogs from CNN.com
Washington (CNN) - The head of an Ohio Republican organization took back a slap at a Democratic congresswoman on Friday after a recent campaign flyer said she should be put "back in the kitchen."

Read the flyer here [pdf]

Rep. Betty Sutton is the subject of the political attack by the Medina County Republican Executive Committee. The flyer was sent to about 15,000 Ohio homes as part of the political effort to try and defeat her in November.

"Let's take Betty Sutton out of the House and put her back in the kitchen!" the Medina County GOP said in the flyer. In a statement posted on her campaign website, Sutton blasted the line as "an insult to all women.
"

Sutton called for Bill Heck, chairman of the county committee, to step down.

Heck defended the flyer's overall message, telling CNN it was intended to educate and engage voters. And he dismissed Sutton's call for his resignation.

"If there's going be a change that's going to come from the Medina County Republican Party," Heck said.

But Heck acknowledged the "back in the kitchen" line was in poor taste. "I agree with her 100 percent," Heck said of Sutton's complaint.

Oh Republicans, it's not 1952 anymore.

So, now the blacks AND women are not welcome in the GOP's new "big tent"?

Iam sure every Republican thinks exactly like the head of the Medina COunty GOP.
Thanks, Dogshit for another unenlightening partisan hack job. Who gives a shit?

Why was it "in poor taste?"

Somethin' WRONG with being "back in the kitchen?"

Iam sure every Republican thinks exactly like the head of the Medina COunty GOP.
Thanks, Dogshit for another unenlightening partisan hack job. Who gives a shit?

So says the person who thinks African Americans are the "gimme" crowd.

yet when the head of teachers union makes a bad comment, its just one person....

when its someone from the gop, it becomes teh whole party

And when someone carries a racist sign to a tea party, it's one person - but every member of SEIU is a jackbooted union thug.

Both sides do this. All the time. And it's equally retarded either way.

When exactly did libs lose their sense of humor?

I like to know when people on here lost their sense of humor. I say sarcastic, Oh Republicans followed by it's not 1952 and I get tears in response about supposedly branding the entire party off this one action.

When exactly did libs lose their sense of humor?

Bill Maher isn't funny?

maher-bill-bio.jpg

yet when the head of teachers union makes a bad comment, its just one person....

when its someone from the gop, it becomes teh whole party

And when someone carries a racist sign to a tea party, it's one person - but every member of SEIU is a jackbooted union thug.

Both sides do this. All the time. And it's equally retarded either way.

i've never seen anyone say that about the SEIU...but i'll take your word for it

and yes, its messed up no matter who does it....dogbert should take your advice

i've never seen anyone say that about the SEIU...but i'll take your word for it

and yes, its messed up no matter who does it....dogbert should take your advice

Get over your sad obsession with me already Yurt. Never mind the fact I was obviously being sarcastic. However, there is no bothering to try and reason with someone such as yourself when it comes to me.

Forum List

Back