Republican Senator wants a 7 day work week

hmmmm.My state does not have such a law( Wisconsin is one of the few states in the nation where businesses "must provide employees with at least one period consisting of 24 consecutive hours of rest in each calendar week.") and somehow I have two consecutive days off after a 5 days of work week ( except those weekends when I am on-call, but then I have Monday off).

per idiots like NS I have to be working on a "plantation" 24/7 :lol:

Last edited:
Grothman has argued in the past that government employees should have to work on MLK Day. He has taken a significant amount of heat from progressives for sponsoring other bills as well, including one repealing the state's Equal Pay Enforcement Act and another that would have considered single parenthood "a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect."
That capitalist pig wants to push the labor movement back 75 years. See what you get from the koch group political machine.

Grothman has argued in the past that government employees should have to work on MLK Day. He has taken a significant amount of heat from progressives for sponsoring other bills as well, including one repealing the state's Equal Pay Enforcement Act and another that would have considered single parenthood "a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect."
That capitalist pig wants to push the labor movement back 75 years. See what you get from the koch group political machine.
Is it okay for private sector employers to schedule their employees on MLK Day?

most of the states do not have the law in question.

did you read the link or just ran away with the banner and now look like an idiot OP?

Glenn Grothman, Wisconsin GOP Senator, Fights For A Seven-Day Workweek
Of course! Can't have those damn workers taking breaks to put that cash in their bosses pockets can we! Hey while we are at it we should just give the bosses a whip as well! Set up some slave shacks on site.

Did you read your own link?

Wisconsin state Sen. Glenn Grothman (R) is attempting to roll back one of the state's progressive labor laws, arguing that workers should be allowed to work without a day off if they so choose.

"Right now in Wisconsin, you're not supposed to work seven days in a row, which is a little ridiculous because all sorts of people want to work seven days a week," he told The Huffington Post in an interview.

fucking retard, he's fighting for freedom to work, not force you to work

do you know what moron also assumed report titles were the whole truth?

Truthmatters

That's how fucking dumb you and NS are

Actually, he's advocating for choice, i.e., freedom.

Of course! Can't have those damn workers taking breaks to put that cash in their bosses pockets can we! Hey while we are at it we should just give the bosses a whip as well! Set up some slave shacks on site.

Wisconsin state Sen. Glenn Grothman (R) is attempting to roll back one of the state's progressive labor laws, arguing that workers should be allowed to work without a day off if they so choose.

"Right now in Wisconsin, you're not supposed to work seven days in a row, which is a little ridiculous because all sorts of people want to work seven days a week," he told The Huffington Post in an interview.

That law gets repealed it just gives the bosses the right to work their workers even harder for even more days in a row. Say you want a day off well tough shit boss has you down for 7 in a row you don't work you get fired...you see it one way I see how it would be used.Typical of republicans they are of course using the "freedom" buzz word to make it sound OK.

What do you care?

You don't work

Hm. Couple reasons. 1. I care about the workers 2. I am looking for work and sure in the hell wouldn't want to be worked like a slave on a plantation with no time off 3. my wife works right now and she does at times get 7 days in a row to work then gets a whopping 1 day off which she uses to charge her batteries just to work another 3 or 4 in a row for shit wage while the **** making the schedule makes sure she gets weekends off and the management gets nice christmas bonus's yet my wife and the other workers that were in her class got screwed out of payment they were due. I don't need a reason to care but I do care.

That law gets repealed it just gives the bosses the right to work their workers even harder for even more days in a row. Say you want a day off well tough shit boss has you down for 7 in a row you don't work you get fired...you see it one way I see how it would be used.Typical of republicans they are of course using the "freedom" buzz word to make it sound OK.
An employer like that would use up a lot of resources if he had to keep training people.

Not really. Why would people quit? Not a lot of jobs out there right now. So they would shut up do the job and take the bullshit because they and the boss both know its to damn hard to find another job right now.Looking at this idiots past bills its really no surprise that he would come up with this crap and seeing the retard you have running Wisconsin right now it wouldn't shock me if it gets passed.

The choice would be the bosses, the management. F__ their freedoms.

Like when you see a help wanted ad with "flexible schedules!" as if it would be the employees' flexibility.

But I'm glad this GOP oaf-tard is demanding this. Now liberals can use it to tar all GOPers. as greedy and heartless.

Like when you see a help wanted ad with "flexible schedules!" as if it would be the employees' flexibility.

But I'm glad this GOP oaf-tard is demanding this. Now liberals can use it to tar all GOPers. as greedy and heartless.
You know that old saying about the word assume, right?

another fucking idiot

worn out workers produce less

goddamn, the fact this needs to be explained....

You know that old saying about the word assume, right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jaKkE0RsI]Benny Hill tells us not to "assume" - YouTube[/ame]

Since he would have needed it explained

I don't think we needed this prick to already know that. But hey at least it reinforces that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back