Republican Panic Over Herschel Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Translation: We don't think that nigga got a chance!

GOP fears grow over Herschel Walker as party leaders seek other candidates in Georgia Senate race

Republicans from Georgia to Washington, DC, are searching for a viable candidate to mount a Senate bid in the Peach State next year, fearing that former President Donald Trump's choice, football great Herschel Walker, would implode if he ran and could cost the GOP a winnable seat.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has suggested to allies that former Georgia senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler should take another look at running again, according to three sources familiar with the matter, after their narrow losses in January flipped the Senate to Democratic control.

McConnell, who has privately expressed his deep concerns with Walker's potential candidacy, met this summer with Loeffler and Perdue. He is also meeting this week with another potential candidate -- former Trump national security official Latham Saddler -- according to a source familiar with the situation. The source said that McConnell is likely to meet with other candidates as well.

A recent report in the Associated Press detailing Walker's past, including that he threatened violence against his ex-wife, has only increased fears in GOP circles that his unvetted past would be devastating in a high-stakes election, where control of the Senate is at stake. The AP also found that Walker has greatly exaggerated how much revenue his company -- Renaissance Man Food Services -- earns and how many people it employs.

Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a top McConnell ally, seemed skeptical about a Walker candidacy.
"All I know is what I read in the paper," Cornyn said Wednesday. "I want to win that race, and so I want the best nominee. I don't know whether he's it."

Translation: We don't think that nigga got a chance!

GOP fears grow over Herschel Walker as party leaders seek other candidates in Georgia Senate race

Republicans from Georgia to Washington, DC, are searching for a viable candidate to mount a Senate bid in the Peach State next year, fearing that former President Donald Trump's choice, football great Herschel Walker, would implode if he ran and could cost the GOP a winnable seat.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has suggested to allies that former Georgia senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler should take another look at running again, according to three sources familiar with the matter, after their narrow losses in January flipped the Senate to Democratic control.

McConnell, who has privately expressed his deep concerns with Walker's potential candidacy, met this summer with Loeffler and Perdue. He is also meeting this week with another potential candidate -- former Trump national security official Latham Saddler -- according to a source familiar with the situation. The source said that McConnell is likely to meet with other candidates as well.

A recent report in the Associated Press detailing Walker's past, including that he threatened violence against his ex-wife, has only increased fears in GOP circles that his unvetted past would be devastating in a high-stakes election, where control of the Senate is at stake. The AP also found that Walker has greatly exaggerated how much revenue his company -- Renaissance Man Food Services -- earns and how many people it employs.

Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a top McConnell ally, seemed skeptical about a Walker candidacy.
"All I know is what I read in the paper," Cornyn said Wednesday. "I want to win that race, and so I want the best nominee. I don't know whether he's it."
Thanks for proving you are a complete 'racist' who can't help but project his own racist feelings onto others, an age-old tactic for Democrats, as proven again, and again, and again, and......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back