Republican Jim DeMint Can't Get His Lies Straight

Twalbert

Jul 19, 2011
Republican Senator Jim DeMint can't seem to decide which of his series of lies about the unemployment crisis to peddle in any given moment.

In one breath, DeMint says that there's an unemployment crisis because government gets in the way of business, so businesses don't want to hire. In the next breath, DeMint says employers DO want to hire, but unemployed people are lazy and want to live in mom's basement and collect their minimal existence grocery money.

Well, which is it?

Here it is, straight from the horse's (expletive deleted) mouth.

"I have spent the month of August visiting a lot of businesses, manufacturing plants. I have been on shop floors. I have talked to a lot of the companies that create jobs in South Carolina and across the country. And what they want is less regulation," DeMint said.

"They just keep talking about the EPA, FCC, all these different agencies, National Labor Relations Board that seem to be harassing companies. They want to know what their health care costs are going to be, what the unemployment costs are going to be. They are actually afraid to hire people because of what they're afraid of what the government will do to them."

Source: Republican Jim DeMint Can't Get His Lies Straight | Benzinga

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back