Republican FCC Commissioner Slams ‘Obama’s 332-Page Plan To Regulate The Internet’

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Before you start, if anyone really cares, Republicans are not against good regulation, only regulation used to push agenda.

Repub. FCC Commish Slams Obama s Plan To Regulate Internet The Daily Caller

I am not sure I disagree with some regulation of the way the Internet is provided. When someone buy gasoline they naturally pay more for higher octane, which one can understand.

But why do we pay for higher internet speeds? Is there something different that companies have to do to provide higher speeds? Or is it just a money making scheme?

From the article:

“Using this authority, I am submitting to my colleagues the strongest open internet protections ever proposed by the FCC,” Wheeler wrote Wednesday. “These enforceable, bright-line rules will ban paid prioritization, and the blocking and throttling of lawful content and services.”

The plan described by Wheeler would ban wired and wireless ISPs like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast and Time Warner Cable from establishing tiered lanes of service speeds with varying prices for content creators like Netflix, Google, YouTube, Facebook and others based on speed and bandwidth use. It would also prevent ISPs from throttling, segregating or blocking traffic.

It's a naked attempt by providers to create an artificial shortage and profit from it, not exactly one of the best capitalistic practices, but republicans still oppose the government keeping them honest.

Forum List

Back