Republican Establishment Not Trump To Blame For No Red Wave!

10% of the water in the west is used by the public. 90% goes to agriculture and industry.

Sure, people should not have lawns, and we should not be dependent on desert agriculture unless it is proven, sustainable.
People freak out when I suggest we all stop with the sod/grass lawns that require water and gas to mow them.

One year it was really dry in MI. All my dad's neighbors were watering their lawns my dads lawn went dry as shit. I thought he might have killed it. Then it rained and the next day my dad's grass was green.

I live in condo on a lake. At least we pump up the lake water to water our grass. All that water goes right back into the lake.

I thank god my ancestors moved to MI. I used to ask myself why my Greek grandparents picked cold ass Michigan. Not California, AZ, Florida. Now I'm glad. We hardly ever get hit by bad natural disasters. Sometimes a tornado comes through but that's about it. No sunami's. No hurricanes. Monsoons.

For 2 years Lake Huron was really low. I thought global warming and maybe Nestle Bottled Water was drying up the Great lakes. You could see boulders you could never see before that were under water the years before. Well one year suddenly the lake levels went back up thank god.

The Red Wave was killed by a brilliant strategy on the Left. Why am I the only one who sees this?

They (the Left) were able to avoid all substantive issues, evade debates, and focus on two non-issues that apparently struck a chord with those in the middle of the electorate: Abortion rights and "democracy."

Both are utterly stupid, but they "clicked." And that was that.

There was no discussion of Biden's horrible Presidency, no discussion of inflation or the insane war on Carbon Energy, no discussion of the disaster at the border,...none of it. No substantive discussion or debate at all. It was all about extraneous bullshit.

Putting it another way, it was a "test" for the American electorate and the electorate failed, utterly. In fact, it bodes terribly for future elections. If the public is so stupid as to ignore the important shit and direct its attention to focus-group directed non-issues, we are all fucked.

The Red Wave was killed by a brilliant strategy on the Left. Why am I the only one who sees this?

They (the Left) were able to avoid all substantive issues, evade debates, and focus on two non-issues that apparently struck a chord with those in the middle of the electorate: Abortion rights and "democracy."

There was no discussion of Biden's horrible Presidency, no discussion of inflation or the insane war on Carbon Energy, no discussion of the disaster at the border,...none of it. No substantive discussion or debate at all. It was all about extraneous bullshit.

Putting it another way, it was a "test" for the American electorate and the electorate failed, utterly. In fact, it bodes terribly for future elections. If the public is so stupid as to ignore the important shit and direct its attention to focus-group directed non-issues, we are all fucked.
Abortion rights is not stupid. Thinking it is, that's why you lost.

Yes, you guys did go on and on about how Biden and Whitmer and Pelosi sucked and you tried to blame inflation on them. You tried to make the border crisis an issue. What would you guys do about those things? No one bought it. We didn't think you'd do any better. But we did think you would rig elections and ban abortion.

If the American people are "stupid", educate us. You have until Nov 6 2024.

People freak out when I suggest we all stop with the sod/grass lawns that require water and gas to mow them.

One year it was really dry in MI. All my dad's neighbors were watering their lawns my dads lawn went dry as shit. I thought he might have killed it. Then it rained and the next day my dad's grass was green.

I live in condo on a lake. At least we pump up the lake water to water our grass. All that water goes right back into the lake.

I thank god my ancestors moved to MI. I used to ask myself why my Greek grandparents picked cold ass Michigan. Not California, AZ, Florida. Now I'm glad. We hardly ever get hit by bad natural disasters. Sometimes a tornado comes through but that's about it. No sunami's. No hurricanes. Monsoons.

For 2 years Lake Huron was really low. I thought global warming and maybe Nestle Bottled Water was drying up the Great lakes. You could see boulders you could never see before that were under water the years before. Well one year suddenly the lake levels went back up thank god.
how about lake st claire or the River Rouge

How about how you guys attacked Gretchen Whitmer on how she handled the pandemic? I believe you guys are afraid of her running for President. You guys on a national level attacked my governor. Tried to blame inflation on her too. Not only did she get re elected in a state that voted for Trump in 2020, our state house and senate turned blue controlled for the first time in 40 years.

Yes, abortion had a big part in that. No question MI state Republicans would ban abortion. So we needed to get them out of control so we can pass a law that makes abortion legal in our state constitution. And I don't think anyone is ever going to vote for a Republican who doesn't say he or she is pro choice. You have to take that issue off the table or suffer defeat forever.

I did not read the entire OP. Too many wrong assumptions in the first three chapters.

The only reason the GOP did not do better is because there is the McConnel/RINO/Bush elite fighting to keep power. They fight against the Trump MAGA conservatives who are taking over.

And let us not forget that we are fighting an uphill battle on the side of a mountain against the onslaught of powerful politicians, powerful media, television, newspapers, and internet giants.
/——/ Yes, you are correct. According to Newt Gingrich, McConnell failed to act quickly on campaign help in states with early voting. By the time he sent $$$, half the people had already voted.

Not much to say, the Yacht clubs suffered when the lakes went low. The River Rouge, I remember when they cement lined the river. It was a serious source of toxins for the lakes.
I remember going to a friends family home on Lake Huron. The place where they used to put their boat was dry. We had to walk out 300 yards in knee high water to get out to where it was deep enough to swim. I believe the big boats were sent to dredge the river so big commercial boats could get through and I'm sure those boats didn't come close to shore. They stayed in the middle where it was dredged.

I miss the thumb. My friend had a place in Caseville. My parents had a place right on the water too in Port Austin. My other friend had a hunting property in Bad Axe. Now we hang out on the other side near Boyne Mountain, Lake Charlevoix, etc... I miss the thumb.

If money is an issue, you can find something a lot cheaper in the thumb than you can on the Lake MI side. But it's also harder to sell when you are ready to go.

Much happier on the Lake MI side. We have 65 acres now. When we hunted in the thumb my friend has 250 acres. But we want to hunt our property not someone else's.

We are 10 minutes from Boyne Mountain now. No mountains in the thumb. So we have this now in the winter. In the thumb, not much to do in Jan-March.

I live near Huron River where that company in Wixom spilled toxins into the water. They said later, "oh it's not as bad as we thought". Yea right. I'll stay away from Kensington Metropark for a couple years.

/——/ Yes, you are correct. According to Newt Gingrich, McConnell failed to act quickly on campaign help in states with early voting. By the time he sent $$$, half the people had already voted.
What does it matter? What could Mitch's money do?

campaign help in states with early voting??? Please explain.

I remember going to a friends family home on Lake Huron. The place where they used to put their boat was dry. We had to walk out 300 yards in knee high water to get out to where it was deep enough to swim. I believe the big boats were sent to dredge the river so big commercial boats could get through and I'm sure those boats didn't come close to shore. They stayed in the middle where it was dredged.

I miss the thumb. My friend had a place in Caseville. My parents had a place right on the water too in Port Austin. My other friend had a hunting property in Bad Axe. Now we hang out on the other side near Boyne Mountain, Lake Charlevoix, etc... I miss the thumb.

If money is an issue, you can find something a lot cheaper in the thumb than you can on the Lake MI side. But it's also harder to sell when you are ready to go.

Much happier on the Lake MI side. We have 65 acres now. When we hunted in the thumb my friend has 250 acres. But we want to hunt our property not someone else's.

We are 10 minutes from Boyne Mountain now. No mountains in the thumb. So we have this now in the winter. In the thumb, not much to do in Jan-March.

I live near Huron River where that company in Wixom spilled toxins into the water. They said later, "oh it's not as bad as we thought". Yea right. I'll stay away from Kensington Metropark for a couple years.
sounds nice, I miss the crunch, walking up to the store, the crunch of fish flies under ones feet

What does it matter? What could Mitch's money do?

campaign help in states with early voting??? Please explain.
/——-/ Seriously? The democrats were advertising heavily early and the Republican candidates had little money to fight back until it was too late.

/——-/ Seriously? The democrats were advertising heavily early and the Republican candidates had little money to fight back until it was too late.

You mentioned early voting specifically. Just wondering what Mitch and $ could have done to solve this problem for you guys. Seems like those people made their minds up early. Like most of us. No one's changing minds with money and advertising. Trust me, those people were inundated with advertisements just like the rest of us.

So maybe you're saying national republicans could have spent more on those races? I'm sure if they were supposed to be close, they did. Did they think maybe the Republican was going to for sure win those races? Probably. I think you guys looked at all the races and assumed you were going to pick up more seats. So it doesn't surprise me that they didn't spend money and time in places they thought they had. But really what's more money and commercials going to do? Nothing. You have to get people to show up. Or fill out their absentee ballots. You guys need to get with the game. Get granny to fill out her ballot and sign it. Then drop it off for her. Or your aunt. Anyone who's lazy and won't go stand in line. Which is like 40% of Americans.

You mentioned early voting specifically. Just wondering what Mitch and $ could have done to solve this problem for you guys. Seems like those people made their minds up early. Like most of us. No one's changing minds with money and advertising. Trust me, those people were inundated with advertisements just like the rest of us.

So maybe you're saying national republicans could have spent more on those races? I'm sure if they were supposed to be close, they did. Did they think maybe the Republican was going to for sure win those races? Probably. I think you guys looked at all the races and assumed you were going to pick up more seats. So it doesn't surprise me that they didn't spend money and time in places they thought they had. But really what's more money and commercials going to do? Nothing. You have to get people to show up. Or fill out their absentee ballots. You guys need to get with the game. Get granny to fill out her ballot and sign it. Then drop it off for her. Or your aunt. Anyone who's lazy and won't go stand in line. Which is like 40% of Americans.
/——-/ Nobody is cheaper with their own money than democrats. If they didn’t think it was important to spend big bucks on ads, they wouldn’t do it.

/——-/ Nobody is cheaper with their own money than democrats. If they didn’t think it was important to spend big bucks on ads, they wouldn’t do it.
Well women are dumb. My two neighbors were fired up about abortion. But they couldn't understand does that mean they should vote yes or no on Prop 3. LOL. So we had to run a lot of ads saying if you are pro choice, vote YES.

Republicans couldn't be honest. They ran zero ads saying "if you are pro life vote no". Oh no. They know they'd lose if they did that. So they ran ads saying, "vote no on 3 because it's too confusing". And they tried to pull that old move they do when Democrats pass bills, "did you read the entire thing?" No you didn't!!!

As if they ever read their entire bills. LOL. So my con friends tried to say that Democrats were slipping other things into that proposal like trannies in bathrooms". Just total bullshit liars. They couldn't just say "if you are pro life vote no". Why?

57% voted YES. 43% voted NO.

Practically all the Republican establishment is blaming former President Donald Trump for the fact that there wasn't a red wave in these past mid-term elections, the outcome wasn't Republicans winning the House by twenty or thirty seats and taking control of the Senate. The truth of the matter is that the lion's share of blame goes to the Republican establishment for this outcome. During this election season they unduly focused on things like the crime problem, the border problem and numerous hyper partisan issues it was like they were running a campaign for Fox News viewers always looking for applause from the right-wing electorate. The crime and border problems do matter but economic topics matter more plus spot lighting Democrats radical agenda also matters more. The Republican establishment seems to be playing games to regain power in Washington it is not about the best interests of the country. The Republican establishment kept proclaiming that with the Democrats Inflation Reduction act they were going to be hiring eighty-five thousand additional IRS enforcement agents what a contrived nonsense criticism.
well, as I told someone else here, commas exist.

I stopped here because it was the first thing I disagreed with. How can you dismiss the 87,000 new IRS we are supposed to be getting? Are you saying that is a lie or something.

Please explain, as you skipped on to other matters after mentioning this..

Did you vote for Trump?

(2 questions here. Thanks)

How about how you guys attacked Gretchen Whitmer on how she handled the pandemic? I believe you guys are afraid of her running for President. You guys on a national level attacked my governor. Tried to blame inflation on her too. Not only did she get re elected in a state that voted for Trump in 2020, our state house and senate turned blue controlled for the first time in 40 years.

Yes, abortion had a big part in that. No question MI state Republicans would ban abortion. So we needed to get them out of control so we can pass a law that makes abortion legal in our state constitution. And I don't think anyone is ever going to vote for a Republican who doesn't say he or she is pro choice. You have to take that issue off the table or suffer defeat forever.
So you support infanticide? Evil bitch you are.

Lefties need to put their own house in order before they criticize republicans for winning the majority in congress. If you look at it rationally it's a wonder that republicans win any elections with the media acting as the propaganda arm of the democrat party.

Lefties need to put their own house in order before they criticize republicans for winning the majority in congress. If you look at it rationally it's a wonder that republicans win any elections with the media acting as the propaganda arm of the democrat party.
That’s why no one is watching the Lame Stream Media.

New Topics

Forum List

Back