Republican Charlie Crist considers running as an Indy

Poll: Crist Could Win Florida Senate Election As Independent | TPMDC

Should be interesting. Rubio has the far right wing support...

you're down there, ravi. from up here, it looks like Crist wins handily if he runs as an independent.

what do you think?
Could be. If he does it will certainly screw up the Republican vote. Both Crist and Rubio have had some shady money problems. But things like that don't tend to matter to idealists.

If Crist signs the teacher bill he's probably going to be more popular with the right wing.

you're down there, ravi. from up here, it looks like Crist wins handily if he runs as an independent.

what do you think?
Could be. If he does it will certainly screw up the Republican vote. Both Crist and Rubio have had some shady money problems. But things like that don't tend to matter to idealists.

If Crist signs the teacher bill he's probably going to be more popular with the right wing.

yes... he'd be more popular, but i think they'd still call him a RINO because he's not a loon.

I'm down here in Florida also.

Had heard that on the news.

I like Rubio but he may be a little to far right for me. I don't particularly care for Christ. So it will be a tossup for me.

Will have to watch what goes on now till elections roll around.

I'm down here in Florida also.

Had heard that on the news.

I like Rubio but he may be a little to far right for me. I don't particularly care for Christ. So it will be a tossup for me.

Will have to watch what goes on now till elections roll around.

So, who are the Tea Baggers supporting on this?

what do you think?

He vetoed the bill. :thup: Good for him. Looks like he will be running as and Indy.

I like Crist, don't know what I agree with him on, but he seems like a nice guy. Like Sam Brown. Nice reasonable politician. Then again I don't have to live with him as governor, so who knows? I have to live with Martin O'Malley... ie Satan.

what do you think?

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, kid.
Election 2010: Florida Senate - Rasmussen Reports

Crist loses in a 3-way race.

you're right... so put down the 40 and stop eating those little debbie cakes.

the stupid you can't help. :thup:

poor nutbar.

what do you think?

you're right... so put down the 40 and stop eating those little debbie cakes.

the stupid you can't help. :thup:

poor nutbar.

And here I expected a snarky comment about right-leaning Rasmussen.
You surprised me. To the downside. You're even more worthless than I thought.

what do you think?

you are correct, but THIS is the page you should have linked

Florida Senate: Rubio 45%, Meek 25%, Crist 22% - Rasmussen Reports

If Crist runs as an independent, Meeks has a real shot. The Democrats are pretty incompetent down here though.

I don't believe the Rasmussen poll. Rubio is going to win the nomination but the gap amongst all voters is not that wide. Crist is fairly popular and Rubio is relatively unknown. Running against stimulus money may work in the primaries but won't work so well in the general election. Crist has been a mediocre governor but he is very smooth and a good campaigner.

As for the teachers bill, I have no opinion, but the last great Republican education initiative here was the FCAT, a comprehensive standardized test given statewide. My son is in middle school and I know a lot of parents, and I have never heard one say anything good about it. So I don't think vetoing this merit-base pay will hurt him outside of the conservative base.

I think I heard on the radio this morning that Rubio was suspending his campaign due to the return of his father's lung cancer.

Best to him and his father!

Immie

Last edited:
I think I heard on the radio this morning that Rubio was suspending his campaign due to the return of his father's lung cancer.

Best to him and his father!

Immie

I think you heard wrong. I haven't seen anything on the net about it and that would be news.

Crist will be symptomatic of any Republican who loses this year--basically a compromiser in the Bush/McCain mode. The hardcore party faithful, the ones who elect people, are pissed at them for screwing the pooch while in office and giving us Obama.

Forum List

Back