Republican candidate for the Senate wants you to pay your doctor with a chicken

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
You can't make this shit up...

Sue Lowden, a Republican Senate hopeful in Nevada, has been widely mocked for earlier this week stating that, "before we all started having health care, in the olden days our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor, they would say I'll paint your house."
"I mean, that's the old days of what people would do to get health care with your doctors," she said. "Doctors are very sympathetic people. I'm not backing down from that system."

Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Here's a video of her speech...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1U4r8mWXY&feature=related]YouTube - NV-SEN Candidate Sue Lowden (R): 'Barter With Your Doctor'[/ame]

Yeah, I saw this earlier and I just couldn't believe it. I mean...

Yeah, there's basically nothing I could add that could make it more ridiculous than it self-evidently is.

Sue Lowden, a Republican Senate hopeful in Nevada, has been widely mocked for earlier this week stating that, "before we all started having health care, in the olden days our grandparents, they would bring a chicken to the doctor, they would say I'll paint your house."
"I mean, that's the old days of what people would do to get health care with your doctors," she said. "Doctors are very sympathetic people. I'm not backing down from that system."

Sue Lowden Stands by Chicken Health Care Barter Plan - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Hey hackjob, if you're that curious about the Rep. that is going to unseat Reid, you should have asked someone of her position on healthcare.

Here you go I took the liberty to provide it for you, shit for brains.

Health Care Solutions | Sue Lowden for U.S. Senate from Nevada

Rather than crippling our nation with higher debt and higher taxes to fund government-run health care, I have called for solutions that can begin to drive down the cost of health insurance, thus making it more accessible to those who do not have coverage today.

First, Congress should immediately pass and implement meaningful, national medical liability reform. Even Senator Reid admits that this can save us $54 BILLION. America has the most expensive civil litigation system in the world, and it is estimated that 40 percent of claims are meritless. Medical liability reform not only keeps more doctors practicing medicine today, but it prevents the practice of “defensive medicine” in our hospitals and clinics. The Pacific Research Institute has put the price tag of practicing defensive medicine at $154 BILLION.

In addition, I support allowing Nevadans and all Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines, just as we are allowed to do when shopping for the best car or life insurance for our families. This would instantly bring more companies into the fold – competing for our business by offering more health care options at more affordable prices.

Further, we should allow small businesses to better pool their resources together when employers are purchasing health insurance for their employees. Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy. We need to give small businesses the same purchasing power as big business and big labor. This effort, coupled with available Health Savings Accounts for consumers, will further drive down costs – both in your tax bill to the government and for your health insurance.

Finally, Nevadans should be able to not only purchase their health care from other states if those plans are more affordable and meet their needs, but they should have better options of purchasing health insurance outside their businesses so they don’t lose their coverage if they lose or leave their jobs. Our citizens should be able to take their health insurance with them when they move from one employer to the next. This will prevent lapses in health coverage and provide our residents with the stability they deserve in their health insurance even as we have little stability in our local economy.

The underlined is her bartering plan, dipshit...:cuckoo:

And exactly what is wrong with it?

I urge you to give it a try.

When I was cleaning houses to put myself through college, one of my clients was a dentist. I cleaned his house for 3 months for free in exchange for some dental work.

I had a guy do some repairs to my truck in exchange for services that I could provide.

Barter works and always has but the government doesn't like it because it's impossible to levy taxes on it.

Well. I paid my dentist 10 Kilos of Tilapia for my last checkup.:clap2:
Worked out fine. He was having a fish fry and I have 2000 or so Tilapia in the 2-3 lb range.

Well. I paid my dentist 10 Kilos of Tilapia for my last checkup.:clap2:
Worked out fine. He was having a fish fry and I have 2000 or so Tilapia in the 2-3 lb range.

Tilapia

$stewie puke.gif

When I saw that comment I saw nothing wrong with it, as humorous as it sounds, that idea of bartering for services is coming back, maybe not to that degree :lol: I don't know any doc that can pay for his BMW with a chicken, unless he's a gigolo :lol:, but why so much chatter over this comment, for some it may work out well, specially in very rural areas.
The barter system has been used by some women for centuries, Oh, and some guys! :D

And the IRS would be all over you for that kind of bartering today.

Of course, the may be considering a new 'Chicken Tax', and don't think the IRS and states aren't scheming to get their hands all that 'lost revenue', they have been doing that concerning flea markets and probably yard sales next for years , and they would to make an ironclad federal law, that anyone selling a 'wagon full of pure junk' collect a tax for them.

Unpaid agents of the IRS, without benefits! :lol:

The ultimate goal, specially with electronic transactions, is to tax ALL transactions of goods and services, not a new idea.

Ok these guys who paid for there care with bartering, it has been available this entire time and has not solved the problem.

Do you get it now why its sooo stupid?

Ok these guys who paid for there care with bartering, it has been available this entire time and has not solved the problem.

Do you get it now why its sooo stupid?

Same goes for massive government health care, look at the European's debts right now.

When I saw that comment I saw nothing wrong with it, as humorous as it sounds, that idea of bartering for services is coming back, maybe not to that degree :lol: I don't know any doc that can pay for his BMW with a chicken, unless he's a gigolo :lol:, but why so much chatter over this comment, for some it may work out well, specially in very rural areas.
The barter system has been used by some women for centuries, Oh, and some guys! :D

The chatter comes because there are some in this country who think that they are better than barter and that anyone who has to resort to barter is somehow providing no payment or lower than dirt.

There is an easy way to take care of that. Eliminate the IRS.

Forum List

Back