Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

You put an illegal on a big piece of machinery and an accident happens YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BUSINESS in the subsequent lawsuits that come from every direction including your insurance carrier. In many states there are only a handful of companies that offer workmens compensation. You have an illegal make a claim against you and you will be rejected by all of them.

You think they bother with things like workers' comp? :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:
You want to be a licensed contractor you have NO CHOICE. It is required by law.

Now if you're done passing out smileys and talking out of your ass are we done?

You're not this stupid. Just ain't possible.

Many jobs are 100% illegal aliens...they get paid in cash and rarely bother with little things like workers comp, payroll taxes, or insurance. If they get caught, one of them gets a new set of documents and starts a "new" company.

You put an illegal on a big piece of machinery and an accident happens YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BUSINESS in the subsequent lawsuits that come from every direction including your insurance carrier. In many states there are only a handful of companies that offer workmens compensation. You have an illegal make a claim against you and you will be rejected by all of them.

You think they bother with things like workers' comp? :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:
You want to be a licensed contractor you have NO CHOICE. It is required by law.

Now if you're done passing out smileys and talking out of your ass are we done?

You're not this stupid. Just ain't possible.

Many jobs are 100% illegal aliens...they get paid in cash and rarely bother with little things like workers comp, payroll taxes, or insurance. If they get caught, one of them gets a new set of documents and starts a "new" company.
I'm not talking about the aliens I'm talking about the people who hire them.

Workmens Comp is required BY LAW unless you can PROVE that you have sufficient assets to be self insured.

Joe Schmoe hires an illegal. That illegal injures SOMEONE ELSE on a jobsite. A workmans comp claim is made. An investigation is done. The claims are DENIED because of illegal activity.

LAWSUITS FLY and you LOSE YOUR BUSINESS

Now, is that simple enough ffs

What's risky about it? They broke our laws by being here in this country. In 2018, over 80,000 foreigners were deported that had DUI convictions or charges. It doesn't sound like they are too scared of anything to me. Did you see those lines at the DMV in NYC when they passed the law that allowed them to drive? They were in lines out of the door a half a block down. ICE could have sent a couple dozen paddy wagons there and scooped them all up. These people are not scared of anything.

Politicians pander to their voters, wouldn't you agree? If illegals didn't vote, why are the Democrats kissing their ass so much?

I kind of wish someone had run up and screamed, "IMMIGRATION, RUN!

The solution is not in our representatives hands, it's actually in ours. If we made the sacrifice to buy our own products, then that would help greatly. But since the 80's, the American consumer is obsessed with price. Quality doesn't matter anymore. Worrying about other Americans working doesn't matter anymore. It's all about how cheap I can get my products. No solidarity at all.

There is frequently no choice...ALL options are imported, there is no American product available at any price.

That's because nobody was buying them. You can buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for $28.00, or the same (only cheaper) 50 foot string of lights for $8.99. Which one are you going to buy?

And they are probably going to fight me as well. You speak from total ignorance Joe. You are criticizing my situation which is one you've never been in yourself. Because government put me out of work at this age, I'm virtually unemployable. You try going and find a livable wage job filling out applications where you have no working experience at this age and see what kind of offers you get. Because that's the situation I'm in. I've been a professional driver most of my life, which means that's all I have experience in.

Well, let's see now. You could be a livery driver. No reason why you can't drive a limo instead of a truck. I mean, you'd need people skills for that, but that's not hard.

Stop talking, Joey, you have no idea what you're blathering about. (And note:many livery drivers still need a DOT medical card!)

The solution is not in our representatives hands, it's actually in ours. If we made the sacrifice to buy our own products, then that would help greatly. But since the 80's, the American consumer is obsessed with price. Quality doesn't matter anymore. Worrying about other Americans working doesn't matter anymore. It's all about how cheap I can get my products. No solidarity at all.

There is frequently no choice...ALL options are imported, there is no American product available at any price.

That's because nobody was buying them. You can buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for $28.00, or the same (only cheaper) 50 foot string of lights for $8.99. Which one are you going to buy?

Neither, I do not celebrate Christmas.

You might think so but that's actually not fact. I've been a truck driver for over 25 years. More and more foreigners are coming here to take these jobs because Americans don't want to live on the road. In our company, when we need more tractor-trailer drivers, we promote from within. One of our guys take a straight truck driver out on the road, trains him, and get him licensed after he has enough practice.

I know what these guys had to go through to pass the Class A test. I can assure you that without a doubt, these foreigners that are driving trucks did not have to pass that test. They couldn't even come close to passing it.

At least once a year or more, some foreigner would come running up to my truck, and beg me to back their trailer in for him or her. I could understand if they were new, and it was a tough dock to get into. That does take an experienced driver. But the docks I'm talking about, an American could back a trailer into it almost blindfolded. These people never backed up a trailer in their life yet alone pass the test.

I have seen people that I KNOW passed the class A road test who can't back up well. Hell, at least one state does not require an alley dock for a CDL test.

Not backing up perfectly is common. The immigrants I'm talking about can't back up at all.

Many jobs are 100% illegal aliens

HAHA,HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN TO THE HEARTLAND? ever? You wanna guess at how LONG it's been since I even SAW a beaner? or a black, for that matter? Go ahead, guess.

Here's 1 clue, I was in Wallyworld back last year sometime and I saw a black woman there, I had to look twice to be sure. No, get away from the big city and there ain't many. My "town" is 52K

Many jobs are 100% illegal aliens

HAHA,HAVE YOU EVEN BEEN TO THE HEARTLAND? ever? You wanna guess at how LONG it's been since I even SAW a beaner? or a black, for that matter? Go ahead, guess.

Here's 1 clue, I was in Wallyworld back last year sometime and I saw a black woman there, I had to look twice to be sure. No, get away from the big city and there ain't many. My "town" is 52K
I'm sorry, do you have anything INTELLIGENT to add? Thought not. Piss off, boy, your betters are talking.

Note: everyone is your better.

I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.

All of which could be solved by kicking them out of the country, and preventing them coming here in the first place.

Your liberal friends here want to see you thrown in prison. If you highly suspect your maid is here illegally and not reporting her, then you sir are a criminal according to them.

Always the liberals' fault, eh? Well, the business owners who hire the illegals never seem to get arrested, do they? one link below. Even trump was hiring illegals and might still be doing it. Maybe he should have himself arrested to serve as an example. Illegal immigration is just something trump decided to run on same has his pretending he's a christian, reads the bible, etc.
Hundreds Of Employees Were Arrested In An ICE Raid. The Bosses Went Home Without A Charge.

Many times, employers DO check...and hire an illegal alien anyway. I worked with (at least) one...but he checked out. He had a CDL, a chauffeur's license, a school bus license, and had even worked for a school district! But he was an illegal alien from Guatemala.
They have been doing this for decades..........they are very very good at it now..........

They had a major raid to a slaughter house in Mississippi not too long ago...........the sub contractor who was in charge of E-VERIFY..............did a half assed job but did submit to the system...............it FAILED MISERABLY.....

The system wasn't designed to check the Fake ID. network.
E-Verify is a joke.
Is there some reason why we can't crush the Fake ID network?
It's illegal, too, right? I have NEVER heard it even mentioned.

Of course it's illegal. So are recreational narcotics in this country. But if there is a strong demand for something, somebody will provide it.

That Americans don't want to do that kind of work? Um. Yeah.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

The Economist: Tougher Immigration Policy Seems to Raise Wages

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.

Like I said, Trump is doing more to tackle the illegal immigration problem than anybody in the last 20 years. But there is only so much he can do. He doesn't have a machine that tells him where all the illegals are working. Even if he did, all he could do is have ICE nab them, but then it's out of his hands. It's in some liberal judges court room and he has no control over that.
Oh please. Are you trying to imply that "liberal judges" don't send them home? Of course they do. The courts are so backed up with cases that it takes ages for an illegal to get before a judge, but that's on the Trump administration for not sending more judges to clear out the backlog.

Like I said, he's doing everything he can.

Donald Trump's Immigration Judges Boost Deportation Numbers

Judge blocks Trump administration from deporting immigrants under TPS

Trump puts his stamp on nation's immigration courts

Wait a minute, didn't you anti-Trump people complain that he is bypassing Congress to get things done? Now you want him to change laws without Congress?

The Power of the President can help Congress to get rid of the Illegals jobs. Imagine that, the President working with Congress towards something that is actually good for America?

This House refuses to work with the President. The only way to work with Democrats is to do everything their way. Their main goal is to make him look bad, and try to get rid of him. They spent all their time since getting leadership of the House to reach those goals.

They closed down government for the longest time in our history over a border wall. Trump was asking for 3 billion dollars. They didn't counter with 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 billion. They said no period. Do you know how much 3 billion dollars actually is? It's less than we spend for four weeks of food stamps. It wasn't about money, it was about making sure Trump didn't get credit for a huge decrease in border crossers.

And you think that it was any different when the Reps controlled the Senate under Obama? You certainly either have a short memory or those Orange Colored Glasses are getting in your way. As I stated, not a single Candidate (Including the Rump) has addressed the problem of employment prospects for illegals. Again, if you want to have fewer illegals coming into the US who take jobs and housing from US Citizens or Legal Immigrants then stop them from being able to work. Mexico would appreciate it because they have a severe shortage of workers in central Mexico right now.

Perhaps instead of this back and forth nonsense, read up on what the problems are with your solution:

ICE raids raise question: What about the employers?

That article, while factually correct, is actually a "Feel Sorry" for the employers. If an employer cannot afford to pay a decent wage to attract legal workers and won't use the Guest Worker Program then they probably should not be in business in the first place. When you see a business getting popped every 4 years and cutting deals to stay in business with ICE then there is a real problem. I would think that the first time, a hefty fine would be in order, the 2nd time, a crippling fine would be in order, and the 3rd time sent a bunch of the managers to prison. If you have a repeat business doing this, they really can't stand on the "I didn't Know" anymore.

You can believe that all you want, but what you can't do is blame Trump for it. This is a country with a complex legal system. Laws originate in the House, passed to the Senate, and if everything goes well, to the Presidents desk for signature. We don't live in an autocracy where Trump makes all the calls and no judges can stop him. If we did, then you could place all the blame on him.

Then exchange it for a product you do use.

Then exchange it for a product you do use.

While sometimes, I am just happy if it's not from China, I willingly pay a premium to buy US-made items. (Most recently, yesterday.)

I'm sure you did, but not at my age, and if you did, it was $8.00 an hour jobs. Nobody can support themselves on that kind of money. Trust me, I look at the want ads every day.

And you manage to talk yourself out of every one of them.

It's that way with every doctor. A government approved doctor is like any other doctor, that took the course and got certified to to DOT physicals. My doctors would sign me out because they treat my condition and are familiar with my situation. A strange doctor that doesn't treat your condition knows little about you.

Which means he's an objective third party. That's what we need

No, they didn't come running up to me. I asked them. I know you think bushiness people are like you see in the movies: stuck up, mean, condescending. Many were actually people like myself, who wanted to run a business instead of work for another person. They don't mind (and actually enjoy) when you bring up their business because of your interest in their plight.

Actually, I think business people are like the douchebag in the corner office of every company I've ever worked at. Generally clueless and enjoying his own power trip too much. The kind of person who whines "my employees make too much money" is the kind of person who is going to be a real douchebag no matter what he's paying his people.

Most people are better off today. Statistics and polls prove it. More jobs around, wages are growing. New record lows in unemployment for every minority group. New record for median household income. Things have never been better.

Um, yeah, actually, they were better in the 1990's and the 1980's...

Again, I'd take you more seriously if you weren't on weflare and living in a slum.

Which means he's an objective third party. That's what we need

Which means not many will take a risk with a person they didn't follow up on. All they do is the physicals. Ask any doctor if they would approve of somebody with conditions they weren't treating as their own patient. It's like lending your car to somebody you just met at a party. It's too big of a risk to take for most folks.

Actually, I think business people are like the douchebag in the corner office of every company I've ever worked at. Generally clueless and enjoying his own power trip too much. The kind of person who whines "my employees make too much money" is the kind of person who is going to be a real douchebag no matter what he's paying his people.

If he has employees, obviously he's paying them enough.

Most people are better off today. Statistics and polls prove it. More jobs around, wages are growing. New record lows in unemployment for every minority group. New record for median household income. Things have never been better.

Um, yeah, actually, they were better in the 1990's and the 1980's...

Again, I'd take you more seriously if you weren't on weflare and living in a slum.

You wouldn't take me seriously if I were a millionaire and you were my servant. You're just a plain old self-hating white commie who loves him big government.

Forum List

Back