Report: U.S. No Longer Has A Protestant Majority

For the first time in its history, the United States does not have a Protestant majority, according to a new study. One reason: The number of Americans with no religious affiliation is on the rise.

Report: U.S. No Longer Has A Protestant Majority | CNSNews.com

I'm 78 years old and during my lifetime this nation's overall attitude about religion has morphed from one which didn't even have the choice of NONE, AGNOSTIC or ATHEIST on military enlistment forms to one where those who doubt can openly declare it on desktop computers in their home so millions can read it.

When I was in grammar school, 3rd and 4th grades we began each day with the pledge of allegiance and the lord's prayer. The teachers assigned each student a bible verse on Monday's to memorize and recite back to the class on Thursdays or Fridays. Let them try that horse shit now.

Because of my childhood brainwashing with that ancient fairy tale it took me 60 years to get over it. I will be voicing my opinion about the whole story until I die.

If the god of the universe came down 2000 years ago and dropped off the only keys to the kingdom with a bunch of ignorant camel herders who believed in ghosts and witches and thought the earth was flat he/she/it has one helluva sense of humor.

Last edited:
i wonder how christian will be treated when they are the minority?

The same way we've almost always been treated as a minority. Badly.

But that wont be for a long time. Just because less than %50 of Americans are protestant, doesnt mean most people arent Christian.

You mean they might genuinely be persecuted?

Because the persecution we otherwise face isnt geniune at all.

Christians face almost no persecution in the USA.

And unlike most Christians that is my area of concern.

Christians have to go to other contrys to be persecuted. Some likely create their own problems in other cultures.

Study the history of our 50'th state sometime.

Christians do more persecution in the USA than trhey are persecuted.

How many businesses will not hire you becuase you are a christian?
Several around here will not hire you if you are not a christian.

Last edited:

But that wont be for a long time. Just because less than %50 of Americans are protestant, doesnt mean most people arent Christian.

You do know that Protestants do not include--Mormons, Catholics, Orthodox, Coptics, and the non-affiliated groups such as Universalists.

The question that should be studied for you christians is "How much of the population consider themselves Christian?" That is most likely between 70 to 90% of the pop.

Not much difference from 10 years ago when I look at it.

Christians have to go to other contrys to be persecuted. Some likely create their own problems in other cultures.

Is there a coherent point in there or are you just expressing your hatred of Christians?

You do know that Protestants do not include--Mormons, Catholics, Orthodox, Coptics, and the non-affiliated groups such as Universalists.

The question that should be studied for you christians is "How much of the population consider themselves Christian?" That is most likely between 70 to 90% of the pop.

NPR.org » Christians: Who Are The 78 Percent?

Nearly 80 percent of Americans are Christian | The Christian Century

Most put it between 75-80%

There are christian groups that face persecution either now or in our past.

For instance, Mo9rmons and Jehovah Witnesses are demonized in Baptist dominated regions(like here in Florida) Catholics face both Xenophobia and religious bigotry from many different protestant denominations. Anglicans and Catholics have a quiet rivalry, then there are the smaller groups such as the Amish, Quakers and so forth that are face religious bigotry because they are not "main stream" American Protestant.

Then you have the other non-christians that tend to call christians "delusional" or "out of touch" such as atheists, jews, Muslims and so forth. So yeah, there is discrimination against Christian by denomination and as a group.

But then, it is possible to show that discrimination exist for any group you come up with, so the question becomes, is discrimination against christians a major issue, or is it low or insignificat to the livlihood of individual christians in comparison to other groups?

Yes. Of course I know that Protestants dont include all Christians. Which is precisely why I said that even if less than 50% of Americans are protestant, it doesnt mean most Americans arent Christians. Because Protestants plus all those other groups are Christians.

is that a bad thing?

Protestants never had any idenity.........................

Forum List

Back