Report: Hazmat incident at Rep. Weiner's district office

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
"White Powder" Package Sent to Congressman Weiner's Office | NBC New York
Law enforcement officials say a package with white powder was sent to Congressman Weiner's Queens office today.

A preliminary review shows the letter in part complained about the historic health care legislation passed by Congress this week, according to the source.

NYPD and FBI spokesman are only confirming that they are responding to the scene.

The craziness just got crazier.

Law enforcement officials say a package with white powder was sent to Congressman Weiner's Queens office today.

A preliminary review shows the letter in part complained about the historic health care legislation passed by Congress this week, according to the source.

NYPD and FBI spokesman are only confirming that they are responding to the scene.

Yep.....some people in this country just do not know how to express their anger in a civilized way.

Sad.

Yep.....some people in this country just do not know how to express their anger in a civilized way.

Sad.

Very much agreed.

Sadly, the Republican party havn't been responding to these kinds of attacks very strong..
One could say Mr. Steele almost seem to encourage these kinds of acts by setting up a site with a picture headlining the top with Nancy Pelosi on fire..He also went on FOX and told Pelosi and Dems to "Get ready for the firing line."

Sarah is encouraging Republicans to "Reload" and used a picture with rifle scopes to show Democrats she is "Targeting" in 2010.

Sad.

Sad.

Very much agreed.

Sadly, the Republican party havn't been responding to these kinds of attacks very strong..
One could say Mr. Steele almost seem to encourage these kinds of acts by setting up a site with a picture headlining the top with Nancy Pelosi on fire..He also went on FOX and told Pelosi and Dems to "Get ready for the firing line."

Sarah is encouraging Republicans to "Reload" and used a picture with rifle scopes to show Democrats she is "Targeting" in 2010.

Sad.

True...

And Pelosi marched through the protesting crowd with an oversized gavel...a victory march....rubbing it in their faces...an act that was not at all necessary.

So you see.....both parties are satirring up the ranks for political expediency...

And what do they want to happen?

They want us to duke it out for them.

Yep.....very sad indeed.

Sad.

Very much agreed.

Sad.

True...

And Pelosi marched through the protesting crowd with an oversized gavel...a victory march....rubbing it in their faces...an act that was not at all necessary.

So you see.....both parties are satirring up the ranks for political expediency...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

How was it not necessary?

The most Historic Legislation in years was about to pass..They had a right to celebrate by walking thru throngs of Tea Partiers gathered in Washington.

I don't see how it was "rubbing it in their face."

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

Health care needed to be addressed. But regardless of the contents of the bill, it seems to me that the right made it impossible for it NOT to pass. You can't tell people that you are going to make an issue their 'waterloo' and go after them with it regardless of whether they vote for it or not. At some point, the response has to be 'well, heck with 'em, i'd rather go down fighting than as a loser if i'm going to go down.

And walking around with an oversized gavel isn't the same as a terroristic threat. youi know?

Last edited:
Very much agreed.

Sad.

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

The most Historic Legislation in years was about to pass..They had a right to celebrate by walking thru throngs of Tea Partiers gathered in Washington.

Then you are way too partisan for me to communicate with.

They could have just as easily did what they did the rest of the day to celebrate. They did not need to march with glee in front of those that were against the legislation....

Unless....

She stopped and spoke to them expressing an understanding of their concenrs but that their concerns will be alleviated once the plan goes into affect.

But she didnt.

It was nothing more than "egging them on"..

Sad that I see your point that the GOP was egging them on but you dont see that as Pelosi and others egging them on.

That is known as being extremely partisan on your part.

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

Health care needed to be addressed. But regardless of the contents of the bill, it seems to me that the right made it impossible for it NOT to pass. You can't tell people that they are going to make an issue their 'waterloo' and go after them with it regardless of whether they vote for it or not. At some point, the response has to be 'well, heck with 'em, i'd rather go down fighting than as a loser if i'm going to go down.

And walking around with an oversized gavel isn't the same as a terroristic threat. youi know?

This was not a discussion comparing an oversized gavel withg terrorist threats.

They do not compare at all...and I would prefer you not putting words in my mouth.

It was a discussion of the behavior of those in the public eye that are egging on people to act with anger.

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

Health care needed to be addressed. But regardless of the contents of the bill, it seems to me that the right made it impossible for it NOT to pass. You can't tell people that they are going to make an issue their 'waterloo' and go after them with it regardless of whether they vote for it or not. At some point, the response has to be 'well, heck with 'em, i'd rather go down fighting than as a loser if i'm going to go down.

They do not compare at all...and I would prefer you not putting words in my mouth.

It was a discussion of the behavior of those in the public eye that are egging on people to act with anger.

My intention wasn't to put words in your mouth. But the thread was about a white powder being sent to Anthony Weiner's office. You responded with a comment about Pelosi doing something one could consider classless. My only point was that no matter what she did, it didn't rate anyone being threatened.

The loons are getting out of hand.

My intention wasn't to put words in your mouth. But the thread was about a white powder being sent to Anthony Weiner's office. You responded with a comment about Pelosi doing something one could consider classless. My only point was that no matter what she did, it didn't rate anyone being threatened.

Perhaps it would have been best for you to see how my conversation with younglefty developed.

He blamed the right for egging people on. I agreed with him and also showed him how the left was also doing it.

Nothing more was meant by it.

Seems I cant agree with someone and make a point of my own on this board without either being told I am nuts, a deflector, or a subject changer.

Kind of getting old jill....not necessarily with you.....just in general.

Keep it up Right-Wingers...keep. it. up.

Is that a threat?

What evidence do you have that right wingers have done these acts?

you know, i hate when people are stuck on stupid...

what do you think the chances are that it was a leftie who was upset there's no public option? think one of them would want to attack someone who fought for a public option and was one of the point men on it?

didn't think so.

yutz

and for your edification and education:

Weiner's office in the Key [sic]Gardens neighborhood of Queens, where the letter was sent, is now closed. The letter referenced Weiner's vote in favor of health care, a law enforcement official told CBS News' Bob Orr.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001197-503544.html

Last edited:

Sad.

Very much agreed.

Sad.

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

One of the things they teach in war college is that weapons do not win wars .
You want to destroy a nation? You simply divide it and let it destroy itself.
Paki
Gani
Iraqi
Works every time.

You're up !

Last edited:
Very much agreed.

Sad.

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

I am reading this as a tongue in cheek response. Should I be?

Has anyone heard what the powder was yet more specifically has anyone heard if it was hazardous and if anyone was contaminated?

Immie

Perhaps it would have been best for you to see how my conversation with younglefty developed.

He blamed the right for egging people on. I agreed with him and also showed him how the left was also doing it.

Nothing more was meant by it.

Seems I cant agree with someone and make a point of my own on this board without either being told I am nuts, a deflector, or a subject changer.

Kind of getting old jill....not necessarily with you.....just in general.

i don't think i've called you a loon. i was referring to the loon who would mail the powder to weiner's office.

i know what you were getting at. my point, which i intended no offense with, was that you can't compare telling people to take aim at public officials with someone gloating a bit. i was disagreeing with your analogy.

Very much agreed.

Sad.

True...

Yep.....very sad indeed.

One of the things they teach in war college is that weapons do not win wars .
You want to destroy a nation? You simply divide it and let it destroy itself.
Paki
Gani
Iraqi
Works every time.

You're up !

I have no response. Sadly, what you say is true...not ready to say either party is trying to do that.

Forum List

Back