Report: Hamas expected to agree to five-year ceasefire with Israel

Darkman00

VIP Member
Aug 3, 2018
Fatah warns Hamas against reaching truce accord with Israel

The warning came amid unconfirmed reports that Israel and Hamas were close to reaching a long-term truce agreement.

By Khaled Abu Toameh

August 4, 2018 19:40

Hamas Chief Ismail Haniyeh looks on as he attends the funeral of Palestinian Hamas militants who were killed in Israeli tank fire, at a mosque in Gaza City July 26, 2018. (photo credit: MOHAMMED SALEM/REUTERS)

The ruling Palestinian Fatah faction on Saturday warned Hamas against reaching a cease-fire agreement with Israel in return for humanitarian and economic aid to the Gaza Strip and said such a deal would be a “free gift to Israel.”

The warning came amid unconfirmed reports that Israel and Hamas were close to reaching a long-term truce agreement.

Fatah spokesman Osama Qawasmeh warned Hamas against striking such a deal with Israel “at the expense of national unity.”

He said such a deal would be considered a “free gift to Israel and another coup against the Palestinian people and their homeland.” He was referring to Hamas’s violent takeover of the Gaza Strip in 2007.

Qawasmeh said the No. 1 priority should be achieving Palestinian unity on the basis of previous agreements signed between Hamas and Fatah, and not a truce with Israel in return for humanitarian aid.

The Fatah spokesman expressed fear that the US and Israel would take advantage of a deal between Hamas and Israel to separate Gaza from the West Bank and impose US President Donald Trump's yet-to-be-announced plan for peace in the Middle East, which he charged, “is aimed at liquidating the Palestinian cause.”

Read more: Fatah warns Hamas against reaching truce accord with Israel

---------

Wonder how long will the 5-year ceasefire last ...... Hard to make peace with someone, who neither wants peace nor believe in peace...

Color me skeptical.

As a Christian, I'm surprised it is not for 7 years as prophesy states it would be in the end time period...

Wow. Good job President Trump....and that other bloke too....Bibi.

Greg

They are not to be believed. One of the main tenements of their charter is no peace treaties or truce with Israel, unless it can be used to rearm or other purpose to further their ultimate goal, the total destruction of the Zionist Entity.

I'll believe it when I see it.

If they really believe in “ peace” why not a final peace treaty and what happens after 7 years? If Israel did retreat to the “ 67 Borders” and allow “ Right of Return” what is to prevent them from trying to destroy Israel from the inside? The “ Palestinian State “ is DOA.

Mohammed was a warlord. This is indisputable. Hamas is a terror group. This is also indisputable. US and Israel should never negotiate with terror groups.

By Khaled Abu Toameh

Hamas Chief Ismail Haniyeh looks on as he attends the funeral of Palestinian Hamas militants who were killed in Israeli tank fire, at a mosque in Gaza City July 26, 2018. (photo credit: MOHAMMED SALEM/REUTERS)

The ruling Palestinian Fatah faction on Saturday warned Hamas against reaching a cease-fire agreement with Israel in return for humanitarian and economic aid to the Gaza Strip and said such a deal would be a “free gift to Israel.”

Fatah spokesman Osama Qawasmeh warned Hamas against striking such a deal with Israel “at the expense of national unity.”

He said such a deal would be considered a “free gift to Israel and another coup against the Palestinian people and their homeland.” He was referring to Hamas’s violent takeover of the Gaza Strip in 2007.

Qawasmeh said the No. 1 priority should be achieving Palestinian unity on the basis of previous agreements signed between Hamas and Fatah, and not a truce with Israel in return for humanitarian aid.

The Fatah spokesman expressed fear that the US and Israel would take advantage of a deal between Hamas and Israel to separate Gaza from the West Bank and impose US President Donald Trump's yet-to-be-announced plan for peace in the Middle East, which he charged, “is aimed at liquidating the Palestinian cause.”

---------

Wonder how long will the 5-year ceasefire last ...... Hard to make peace with someone, who neither wants peace nor believe in peace...

Color me skeptical.
The children will be back to squabbling long before 5 years are up

This has happened before.
It means they’re waiting for a new shipment of ammunition.

By Khaled Abu Toameh

---------

Color me skeptical.
Get back to us in five years, or the resumption of hostilities.

I'll pray that this holds and that they can actually start healing their differences, but we're talking Hamas here. There will be dead innocent Israeli children inside of two months.

If anyone thinks the Islamist gee-had will stop before the last Israeli is driven by submachine gun fire into the Dead Sea, well, you're selling something. The suggestion that Hamas (or any of the other Islamic terrorist franchises), will abide by a cease fire and bring an end to Islamic terrorist attacks are farcical at best, deadly at worst.

By Khaled Abu Toameh

---------

Wonder how long will the 5-year ceasefire last ...... Hard to make peace with someone, who neither wants peace nor believe in peace.
Color me skeptical.
----------------------------------------------------- i don't know why Israel would want a temporary truce , makes no sense to .

If anyone thinks the Islamist gee-had will stop before the last Israeli is driven by submachine gun fire into the Dead Sea, well, you're selling something. The suggestion that Hamas (or any of the other Islamic terrorist franchises), will abide by a cease fire and bring an end to Islamic terrorist attacks are farcical at best, deadly at worst.

"...The suggestion that Hamas (or any of the other Islamic terrorist franchises), will abide by a cease fire and bring an end to Islamic terrorist attacks are farcical at best, deadly at worst."

"Islamic terrorist attacks."

it's a shame --- it's a shame that -- back in 2007 Palestinian TERRORISTS insinuted themselves upon "the Palestinian people" [theatre group residents, joe sweet-shop owner] and took over [in a violent way] to be part of THE GOVERNMENT.

...too bad it wasn't "recognized" at the time - the in-fighting, and the masked terrorists - being the same thing as if the Taliban or alQueda or icehole or al shablob or i.j., or boko haram took over as the government for the Palestinians....

give me a break................

By Khaled Abu Toameh

---------

Color me skeptical.
I have heard from high ranking friends of mine (whom I have guarded) from Riyadh that it is because the Saudi's are insisting on this.

By Khaled Abu Toameh

---------

Color me skeptical.
I have heard from high ranking friends of mine (whom I have guarded) from Riyadh that it is because the Saudi's are insisting on this.

"the Saudi's..."

where no Christian people or Jewish people or....buddah people aren't allowed [forbidden] to.....commiserate.

where I have to cover my face and head and "whole-self" as to not insult any man there with my ...offensive eyebrows.

....Saudi Arabia.

Help free these poor women
[from their evil, backward captors and their own brainwashed outlook about themselves]
God...thanks.

Israel pounds
Hamas after 17
injured in rocket
barrage

Jerusalem Post
8 hours ago

Nine Injured as Massive Barrage of Rockets Launched at Israel; IDF Pounds Strip
Haaretz-5 hours ago
Sirens blare in southern Israel as heavy rocket fire continues ■ IDF hits multiple Gaza targets, three Gazans killed ■ UN Middle East envoy warns against further escalation ■ More Iron Dome batteries deployed in south
The Israeli military struck multiple targets in Gaza after four rockets fired from the Strip hit the southern Israeli town of Sderot on Wednesday ...

Israel hits Gaza after Palestinian rockets target Israel
Washington Post-7 hours ago

Renewed Fire Between Israel and Gaza Interrupts Talk of Cease-Fire
In-Depth-New York Times-59 minutes ago

By Khaled Abu Toameh

---------

Color me skeptical.
2 days ago it was a 7 year cease fire.

Forum List

Back