Replacing Menendez with an R senator

I've seen lots of reports this morning that there are four D
Senators who're on the shite list for 2018. So far, the only R - loser Heller on my state - are on the hot seat and he's being challenged by a conservative.

Isn't Menendez' trial for corruption starting soon?

Another corrupt democrat.

Yes he has been given the choice of resignation or impeachment by the Ds.

You CANNOT impeach a Senator.

You may be right but the D senate caucus is threatening to do so and the supremes almost never stick their nose into congressional self government.

The Senate can expel him, but they cannot impeach him.

The word used was impeach, I said you may be right and apparently you were but I am neither the fact-checker for the report nor the speech writer for the senator.

The word used was impeach, I said you may be right and apparently you were but I am neither the fact-checker for the report nor the speech writer for the senator.

If Democrats are involved, idiocy will soon follow!
As in this will likely lead to skinny repeal? About a 60% chance is my guess given that reelection of an R senator from NJ is about nil.

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress may be removed from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional term by an “expulsion” from the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal vote on a resolution agreed ...Jan 5, 2012
Recall of Legislators and the Removal of Members of ... - US Senate
https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/ee067ba0-db71-4394-9a37-453316aeb453.pdf

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress may be removed from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional term by an “expulsion” from the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal vote on a resolution agreed ...Jan 5, 2012
Recall of Legislators and the Removal of Members of ... - US Senate
https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/ee067ba0-db71-4394-9a37-453316aeb453.pdf

So? I stated they could not be impeached, which is still 100% correct!

The only way you will get a Republican Senator out of a Menendez resignation is by an appointment from Christie.

Forum List

Back