Replacement SCOTUS Justice no males and no whites need apply

Of course, today the trumplets are showing us they automatically believe no woman or POC can possibly be qualified.................even before any names are brought forward.
Nonsense, the notion that someone is specifically chosen because of color or gender is what raises eyebrows. You can't really blame folks for having doubts about someone's ability if it looks like they a just a token. Racist decisions like basing picks by any criteria than merit creates the problem.

Trump made his qualifications clear

Willing to overturn Roe v Wade
White
Christian

Pandering
Except for all the nonwhite people on the short list they were picking from. But other than that, I'm sure you're correct.

And if what you say is true how is that any different/worse than making the determination that the candidate has to be

Black
Female
Pro Abortion

You're advocating for precisely the thing you say is the problem....

Racist decisions like basing picks by any criteria than merit creates the problem.

You mean all three picks by Trump weren't racist? He couldn't find one single non white person to choose out of all the judges available? Not one? I find that hard to believe. Don't get me wrong, their personal politics aside (and in the case of Cavanaugh his Frat-boy personality), I think Barrett and Cavanaugh were both highly qualified picks, but were they the best of the best?

It shouldn't be. Your knowledge of the law is all the qualification you should need (morals and standing within the community aside)
Unfortunately your political affiliation has much to do with how you see the law. Or maybe it's the other way around but the 2 are linked either way

I wonder what kind of threats the democrats used on Breyer to get him to retire before the election in November.

Except for all the nonwhite people on the short list they were picking from. But other than that, I'm sure you're correct.

And if what you say is true how is that any different/worse than making the determination that the candidate has to be

Black
Female
Pro Abortion

You're advocating for precisely the thing you say is the problem....
Yeah, funny how the right side of the political spectrum plays silly little games, but once those 'games' get them their win, suddenly if the other side try it then they should be the 'bigger person".

("Oh Mr Obama, you can't choose a Justice because you only have a year left in your term". "Why sure, Mr Trump, you can nominate a justice even though there is only three months to the election" Don't worry about my pathetic excuse about who runs Congress being an important facet.) - Mitch McConnell...

0 out of 114 Justices have been black women and 108 have been white men so the right wing nuts on here start this thread. You guys are total nut cases. I think you were dropped on your pointy white hooded heads as babies.

Unfortunately your political affiliation has much to do with how you see the law. Or maybe it's the other way around but the 2 are linked either way
If that is the case you should recuse yourself. I am not from the US, and we have one Chief Justice. I have no idea of her political affiliation. No one does. Nor do we care. We only care about how she interprets the law as it is written. Not how she thinks it is written.

O thing wrong with nominating a black woman as long as she is qualified. It is no different than making rabid conservative a qualifying factor.
So, according to your racist assessment, black women can't be conservative?

To clarify something for our deliberately obtuse liberal or “progressive” members. I don’t believe that I am alone in thinking, as I assume many conservatives here believe, that I don’t personally give a rat’s ass if Brandon nominates a black woman.

What I regret is that whoever he nominates is likely to be a person who favors modern American “liberalism” over the Constitution and the actual meaning of the laws.

I wonder what kind of threats the democrats used on Breyer to get him to retire before the election in November.
I don't know but, NBC announced his retirement before he did and NBC is an arm of the Democrat Party these days.

To clarify something for our deliberately obtuse liberal or “progressive” members. I don’t believe that I am alone in thinking, as I assume many conservatives here believe, that I don’t personally give a rat’s ass if Brandon nominates a black woman.

What I regret is that whoever he nominates is likely to be a person who favors modern American “liberalism” over the Constitution and the actual meaning of the laws.
Republicans claim to embrace the Constitution and then attack the Capitol when it suits them

How did you pull that out of what I said? Think hard. It’s not there.
You said nominating a qualified black woman is the same as making a rabid conservative a qualifying factor. This statement presumes the opposite, that a black woman would not be a conservative. You may want to restate it.

The issue is with FJB advertising he's picking a black woman. He's the one to make the decision on who gets nominated, so why the need to get pander points?
If he knows he's picking a black woman he can do that without announcing it. Announcing he picking a black woman makes it so qualifications are only made between black women.
If he announced he was picking a woman and people were comparing qualifications does he think white women would be more qualified making the case of picking a black woman harder?
How is that any different that FDT announcing he is going to nominate a conservative anti abortion woman to pander to the Christian Right?

You said nominating a qualified black woman is the same as making a rabid conservative a qualifying factor. This statement presumes the opposite, that a black woman would not be a conservative. You may want to restate it.
No. It doesn’t. It says what is difference? In each case you are selecting attributes you feel are important. You can make black, woman, conservative an attribute.

How many minority Judges did Trump consider in his THREE picks?

Trump only looked at whites

Or B;

Trump only considered the best fit to do the job.

DON"T PROJECT rightwinger, it's your kind who make it perfectly clear the right color and gender is far more important than the right appointment.

Forum List

Back