Reparations

I've done reparations ... it's not all it's cracked up to be.

this-will-be-serious-job-to-do-royalty-free-image-1597780559.jpg

We ended slavery and yet we are singled out and expected to be the only ones to pay. We will never be forgiven until we're all dead. That is the cold reality...This is what happened in Zimbabwe and south Africa.

WHOOPS!!!! lol.
Their forebears (slaves)were captured or owned by Black slaveowners and sold when they were in AFRICA!! Their libby descendents need to go get reparations from those who enslaved them.....good luck with that.

PLUS!!!! There are still MILLIONS of slaves in Africa!!! Not even 300000 were sent to the US!!! True; that is still DISGUSTING but a different scale completely.

Greg

Last edited:
We ended slavery and yet we are singled out and expected to be the only ones to pay.

With the possible exception of Brad Pitt in "Interview with a Vampire", everyone who was a slave, fought to keep slavery, fought to end slavery, and just couldn't give a fetid dingo's kidney about slavery is DEAD.

There is no one left to pay or be paid.

We ended slavery and yet we are singled out and expected to be the only ones to pay.

With the possible exception of Brad Pitt in "Interview with a Vampire", everyone who was a slave, fought to keep slavery, fought to end slavery, and just couldn't give a fetid dingo's kidney about slavery is DEAD.

"Fetid dingo's kidney??" Wow; I thought I'd heard them all.

Greg

Greg

Stole that from Doug Adams, "So Long and Thanks For All The Fish".

Greg

Stole that from Doug Adams, "So Long and Thanks For All The Fish".
My German relatives were kicked out of Ohio for trying to be neutral during the Civil War which is how they ended up in Texass.

Well the civil war was started to preserve the union that had nothing to do with freeing slaves. In fact the federal government wasn't going to free the slaves until they realized they could use it to their advantage.
And even with Afters freeing the slaves became an issue, they still made back room deals to keep the people enslaved. For several years they allow southern plantation owners too keep black workers as unpaid involuntary indentured servants. They simply didn't call it slavery and acted like it was completely different.

This is bro left in the movie The Free State of Jones, it is typically ignored in history books because the northern states wanted to pretend that they were completely about freeing slave throughout the entire war, even though freeing the slaves was never actually considered until following the war.

Even the emancipation proclamation didn't actually free slaves. It allowed the federal government to seize property that we need rebels, which included slaves. It didn't actually make slavery illegal. And at the time of writing it Abraham Lincoln viewed black people as inferior and planned on forced deportation back to Africa for all blacks once the war was over.

But since this is about reparations, I would argue that the least the federal government owes black people is the hundred acres and the mule that was promised to free blacks and slaves who fought for the Union, which was never. I would argue that any descendants are owed that promise payment.

We've actually had similar reparations given to native Hawaiians and native Americans, based around payments that were promised in treaties that were never given and things that were stolen by the federal government that was never returned.

For whites that fought and died to free the slaves. All those whites that died in 1865 wasn't enough?
Joe Biden has laid out his plan for reparations, and I have to admit, it is pretty ingenious, especially for someone with active dementia.

Once he puts the face of a black woman on the $20 bill, the hold it up, and say, "Whose face is on this money? Is it not the face of a black person? Then render to Caesar what is Caesars"

Yea, I know, Jesus already did this and it's plagiarism, but that's all Joe knows.

For whites that fought and died to free the slaves. All those whites that died in 1865 wasn't enough?
The whites created and sustained the institution of slavery in the US not the blacks.

To be fair, they didn't invent slavery. They inherited the concept from our most distant past. It had to wait for the 18th Century for the 'more enlightened' parts of the world to figure out just how messed up it was.

Well the civil war was started to preserve the union that had nothing to do with freeing slaves. In fact the federal government wasn't going to free the slaves until they realized they could use it to their advantage.
And even with Afters freeing the slaves became an issue, they still made back room deals to keep the people enslaved. For several years they allow southern plantation owners too keep black workers as unpaid involuntary indentured servants. They simply didn't call it slavery and acted like it was completely different.

This is bro left in the movie The Free State of Jones, it is typically ignored in history books because the northern states wanted to pretend that they were completely about freeing slave throughout the entire war, even though freeing the slaves was never actually considered until following the war.

Even the emancipation proclamation didn't actually free slaves. It allowed the federal government to seize property that we need rebels, which included slaves. It didn't actually make slavery illegal. And at the time of writing it Abraham Lincoln viewed black people as inferior and planned on forced deportation back to Africa for all blacks once the war was over.

But since this is about reparations, I would argue that the least the federal government owes black people is the hundred acres and the mule that was promised to free blacks and slaves who fought for the Union, which was never. I would argue that any descendants are owed that promise payment.

We've actually had similar reparations given to native Hawaiians and native Americans, based around payments that were promised in treaties that were never given and things that were stolen by the federal government that was never returned.
The govt. was going to buy the slaves from the slave owners before the war broke out. Why? That is what England did in their nation.

The whites created and sustained the institution of slavery in the US not the blacks.

To be fair, they didn't invent slavery. They inherited the concept from our most distant past. It had to wait for the 18th Century for the 'more enlightened' parts of the world to figure out just how messed up it was.
I never said they invented anything. The American nation allowed slavery to continue and created a way for it to function per the Constitution.

Forum List

Back