Reparations bill tests Biden and Harris on racial justice

The history of white slaves in America is forgotten because there weren't any. Go do some research insted of posting shit from white supremacist websites.
How do you forget something that didn't happen?

I would be interested in your IQ, and the mean guy's too.
What's your IQ? What year did you receive your doctorate in anything? I guess since you type some words up on a message board, and link some bullshit articles then your a genius.
If that's the case, most of the yokels on here are genius, smart guy
Well, we certainly know that "your" (sic) not a genius or anything resembling one, dipshit. The biggest problem for idiots like you in your zeal to be an insulting asswipe? You expose yourself and thus becomes your own worst enemy.

Please make the proper mental note to learn the difference between "your" and "you're" for future reference with the examples of I have left for you. Learn, grow, evolve.....or not.

(snicker)
Ha ha..learn, grow, evolve? Coming from a guy who hates people who don't look or act like them? Wow! I never figured you to be a "genius " either. Dimwit. It's rich to insult someone then say they like to be insulting..The only person exposing themselves is you

You have zero clue as to what I am about or what I stand for. You, on the other hand, made it clear that you have a massive chip on your shoulder and that you are not very intelligent.

Can you send me a link to a site so that I can brush up on ebonics? Perhaps that would bridge the gap we seem to have. Thanks in advance, Homey!!!
This guy expects everybody to understand ebonics.
You name is " Meathead " and with your sig pic... I don't expect you to understand anything.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The history of white slaves in America is forgotten because there weren't any. Go do some research insted of posting shit from white supremacist websites.

What's your IQ? What year did you receive your doctorate in anything? I guess since you type some words up on a message board, and link some bullshit articles then your a genius.
Well, we certainly know that "your" (sic) not a genius or anything resembling one, dipshit. The biggest problem for idiots like you in your zeal to be an insulting asswipe? You expose yourself and thus becomes your own worst enemy.

Please make the proper mental note to learn the difference between "your" and "you're" for future reference with the examples of I have left for you. Learn, grow, evolve.....or not.

(snicker)
Ha ha..learn, grow, evolve? Coming from a guy who hates people who don't look or act like them? Wow! I never figured you to be a "genius " either. Dimwit. It's rich to insult someone then say they like to be insulting..The only person exposing themselves is you

You have zero clue as to what I am about or what I stand for. You, on the other hand, made it clear that you have a massive chip on your shoulder and that you are not very intelligent.

Can you send me a link to a site so that I can brush up on ebonics? Perhaps that would bridge the gap we seem to have. Thanks in advance, Homey!!!
You name is " Meathead " and with your sig pic... I don't expect you to understand anything.
You're a thug and I understand why, but I don't get ebonics. Sorry.

(snicker)

Reparations = handout. I expect you understand that.

(snicker)

You're racist and I understand, I don't get it though. Sorry

Last edited:
  • Thanks

(snicker)

Most blacks aren't looking for handouts or reparations. I know reparations would never happen, so I'm not waiting on that. My question is, why do Americans get so upset with individuals getting help, but not multi- million dollar corporations?

• Thanks

(snicker)

You're racist and I understand, I don't get it, though. Sorry
You gonna go beat up some old Asians with your bros? Now that's thugish and racist and the world's your oyster.

(snicker)

Most blacks aren't looking for handouts or reparations. I know reparations would never happen, so I'm not waiting on that. My question is, why do Americans get so upset with individuals getting help, but not multi- million dollar corporations?
I get upset at both. Our political leaders such and pander for votes.

(snicker)

Ask I can tell by your post , what you're about Bro! your friends or maybe your kids what I'm talking about if you can't understand it. You guys copy, and steal everything from Blacks anyway.
Your opinion on my or anyone else intelligence is laughable. Like I said post your credentials, "message board professor" you're probably a grocery bagger .
Before I give you a "Cliff's Notes"/ synopsis of my life experience? Could I impress upon you the importance of basic punctuation? Like where to strategically place a "comma"? Since it appears (at least to me) that the only card you have to play against your detractors is their alleged lack of intelligence? You might want to "dot the i's" and "cross those t's". Commas are placed for strategic pauses. Your punctuation incapabilities coupled with your struggles with "your" and "you're" ( and when to use the correct one) hobbles and handicaps you when attempting to pull off the illusion that you are some great intellectual "thinker". IM2 suffers from the same afflictions which is why I suspect you both share such a kinship.....just something to mull over.

I have a degree in computer science and I have worked as an associate engineer for companies like Siemens Dematic. I have been the "point man" for proof of concept programs like the sequencing of "flat mail" which can be anything from a manilla envelope to a Sports Illustrated magazine so carriers don't have to "toss it" and will sort it to the way they walk their route. I was also directing a team that upgraded the software and firmware for the PARS program ( Postal Automated Redirection System) in bulk mail centers all over America. I cut my teeth on doing component level troubleshooting on single layer printed circuit boards before SMT and multi-layered boards came along making it not "cost effective". I worked at Abbott Labs doing the final electronic and functional testing of blood analysis machines that from a small blood sample could give a concise analysis of 47 different levels of elements like glucose, sodium, potassium, etc, etc. I then became an engineering tech where I was the "go to" guy if there was a problem out in the field.

I tired of the constant paperwork and data pack audits where it seemed that I spent more time filling out the required paperwork to appease the FDA than I did actually repairing a machine. I have a very analytical mind where paying attention to the most minute detail can make the critical difference in problem solving. Today's technology takes a lot of "guesswork" out of the equation and the simplest solution is usually the answer....but then there are problems that arise from something as simple as a "software patch" that can fuck up the works because something fell through the cracks during testing. I was that "go to guy". I got into the mailing industry working on mail sorting issues and then to high speed mail inserting equipment that required camera recognition software because some statements might have five pages, some might have six pages etc, etc and God help you if any of the numerous "fail safe" mechanisms were to fail. Moving something as fragile as paper at 20K per hour from a 1,300 pound roll of paper that feeds it in a slitter, then a cutter, reads it and then places the mail set into an accumulator, shoots it into a folder, sends it down to the pin pushers that then send it to be inserted into an envelope from an envelope feeder that must be timed correctly and all running on PLC technology? Well, that requires meticulous attention to detail and any miscalculation of even the slightest adjustment can cause massive headaches.

What do YOU do to earn your federal reserve notes of debt? I suspect that you work a menial labor job that a monkey could be trained to do.........prove me wrong.

(snicker)

Whites call indentured servants slaves.
Do your research and learn something.

Your narrative is one of the greatest falsehoods that has manifested itself in the discourse about racism in America. I remember reading a book titled “Trinity” written by Leon Uris about a fictional hero of the Irish resistance named Conor Larkin. The story detailed the treatment of the Irish from the 1700’s until the 1916 uprising. After reading that book, I was convinced that the Irish had it just as bad as blacks. Yes, the Irish were treated terribly in Europe and when they first came to America. But they were not slaves. Irish historians such as Liam Hogan have made this crystal clear.

“I conservatively estimate that tens of millions of people have been exposed to ‘Irish slaves’ disinformation in one form or another on social media.”

Liam Hogan

From 2015 until 2019, Liam Hogan compiled some 52 different articles debunking the tale of Irish slavery. The intent here is not to denigrate nonracist Irish citizens of this country, but to destroy a popular white supremacist meme that has plagued social media and American culture for years. According to Hogan and other Irish historians in his compilation, the Irish were indentured servants and not slaves. The fallacy in the white supremacist argument lies in the fact that indentured servitude was a contractual agreement made between 2 or more parties. One party agreed that for payment of passage to America, the individual(s) would work for a specified term to repay the cost of passage. To say it was not much better than slavery is simply a lie. Slavery was permanent. Slavery was also generational. If you we born into a slave family, you were a slave. When you had children, they were slaves. There was no 7 years and a headright.

“The tale of the Irish slaves is rooted in a false conflation of indentured servitude and chattel slavery. These are not the same. Indentured servitude was a form of bonded labour, whereby a migrant agreed to work for a set period of time (between two and seven years) and in return the cost of the voyage across the Atlantic was covered. Indentured servitude was a colonial innovation that enabled many to emigrate to the New World while providing a cheap and white labour force for planters and merchants to exploit. Those who completed their term of service were awarded ‘freedom dues’ and were free. The vast majority of labourers who agreed to this system did so voluntarily, but there were many who were forcibly transplanted from the British Isles to the colonies and sold into indentured service against their will. While these forced deportees would have included political prisoners and serious felons, it is believed that the majority came from the poor and vulnerable. This forced labour was in essence an extension of the English Poor Laws, e.g. in 1697. John Locke recommended the whipping of those who ‘refused to work’ and the herding of beggars into workhouses. Indeed this criminalisation of the poor continues into the 21st century. In any case, all bar the serious felons were freed once the term of their contract expired.”

Liam Hogan

Liam Hogan, All of my work on the “Irish slaves” meme (2015–’19),

Liam Hogan, Irish slaves’: the convenient myth, ‘Irish slaves’: the convenient myth

Eoin O'Carroll, No, the Irish were not slaves in the Americas, Christian Science Monitor, March 16, 2018, No, the Irish were not slaves in the Americas

Untrue. And whites need to shut up about handouts considering the number of handouts whites have received from the government. Whites have been given more by the government than anyone else, and blacks, native americans, hispanics and asians have paid for them.

I don't expect whites here to understand the long, long list of things they have been given by the government because most of the whites here, meaning the racist extremists here lying about being conservatives, are delusional.

(snicker)

I can tell by your post , what you're about Bro! Ask your friends or maybe your kids what I'm talking about if you can't understand it. You guys copy, and steal everything from Blacks anyway.
Your opinion on my or anyone else intelligence is laughable. Like I said post your credentials, "message board professor" you're probably a grocery bagger .
Dale Smith is a debt slave who thinks we need to go back to the gold standard. He's a racist loony tune.

Untrue. And whites need to shut up about handouts considering the number of handouts whites have received from the government. Whites have been given more by the government than anyone else, and blacks, native americans, hispanics and asians have paid for them.

I don't expect whites here to understand the long, long list of things they have been given by the government because most of the whites here, meaning the racist extremists here lying about being conservatives, are delusional.
Too late. The Confederacy is gone. Ask the DNC.

Last edited:

(snicker)

I can tell by your post , what you're about Bro! Ask your friends or maybe your kids what I'm talking about if you can't understand it. You guys copy, and steal everything from Blacks anyway.
Dale Smith is a debt slave who thinks we need to go back to the gold standard. He's a racist loony tune.

Want to watch IM2 aka Captain Dumbfuck's head explode? Ask him this one simple question....... since every federal reserve note that is in existence has to be borrowed with interest attached to each and every note? How could the "debt" ever be repaid? I have yet to see a magician pull out eleven marbles from a bag that only contains ten. The world is 260 TRILLION dollars plus in debt .....but to whom is that "owed" to? Why is it that every fiat currency system always collapses? Money should have an intrinsic value which is why our founding fathers said that money should be in gold or silver. IM2 seems to think it's only for dentistry for "grills" and to be worn as "bling bling" and if you see it any other way? Well, you are just a racist that hates poor people and especially blacks. People like IM2 use it as a fall back position when they can't defend their positions. He is a poseur that lamely attempts to claim that he is an intellectual heavyweight thus his opinion is to be weighed and considered. I am sure that I am not alone when I say that bitter fucks that would fail a basic English test that requires even a modicum of punctuation skills has an opinion that should give us pause for thought. (snicker)

Sheeple like IM2 are not losers and failures because of the tint of their skin, they are losers because they think like losers and let other fellow losers tell them that they are losers or those that attempt to keep them in their place that they are losers because not enough like-minded thinking commies are in control.......but at the end of the day, in spite of their failures ( which brings along bitterness) nothing ever changes. Show me your friends and influences and I will show you your future. If you think like a loser and surround yourself with like-minded thinking losers that believe the world owes you a giving? You will have a class of ne'er-do-wells that will play the "Society has made me a victim" card because that is easier than actually taking risks and applying one's self.

Your narrative is one of the greatest falsehoods that has manifested itself in the discourse about racism in America. I remember reading a book titled “Trinity” written by Leon Uris about a fictional hero of the Irish resistance named Conor Larkin. The story detailed the treatment of the Irish from the 1700’s until the 1916 uprising. After reading that book, I was convinced that the Irish had it just as bad as blacks. Yes, the Irish were treated terribly in Europe and when they first came to America. But they were not slaves. Irish historians such as Liam Hogan have made this crystal clear.

The Irish weren't the only white slaves.

The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America ...

Slavery in America, typically associated with blacks from Africa, was an enterprise that began with the shipping of more than 300,000 white Britons to the colonies. This little known history is fascinatingly recounted in White Cargo (New York University Press, 2007). Drawing on letters, diaries, ship manifests, court documents, and government archives, authors Don Jordan and Michael Walsh detail how thousands of whites endured the hardships of tobacco farming and lived and died in bondage in the New World.

Following the cultivation in 1613 of an acceptable tobacco crop in Virginia, the need for labor accelerated. Slavery was viewed as the cheapest and most expedient way of providing the necessary work force. Due to harsh working conditions, beatings, starvation, and disease, survival rates for slaves rarely exceeded two years. Thus, the high level of demand was sustained by a continuous flow of white slaves from England, Ireland, and Scotland from 1618 to 1775, who were imported to serve America’s colonial masters.

These white slaves in the New World consisted of street children plucked from London’s back alleys, prostitutes, and impoverished migrants searching for a brighter future and willing to sign up for indentured servitude. Convicts were also persuaded to avoid lengthy sentences and executions on their home soil by enslavement in the British colonies. The much maligned Irish, viewed as savages worthy of ethnic cleansing and despised for their rejection of Protestantism, also made up a portion of America’s first slave population, as did Quakers, Cavaliers, Puritans, Jesuits, and others.

Early in the 17th century, the headright system, a land allocation program to attract new colonists, began in Jamestown, Virginia as an attempt to solve labor shortages. The program provided acreage to heads of households that funded travel to the colony for destitute individuals to work the land. It led to the sharp growth of indentured servitude and slavery because the more slaves imported by a colonist, the larger the tracts of land received. Promises of prosperity and land were used to lure the poor, who were typically enslaved for three to 15 years. All the while, agents profited handsomely by augmenting their land holdings. Corruption was rampant in the headright system and included double-counting of individual slaves, land allocations for servants who were dead upon arrival, and per head fees given for those kidnapped off English streets.

Purveyors of slaves often worked in teams of spirits, captains, and office-keepers to kidnap people from English ports for sale in the American labor market. Spirits lured or kidnapped potential servants and arranged for their transport with ship captains. Office-keepers maintained a base to run the operation. They would entertain their prey and get them to sign papers until an awaiting ship became available. Spirits and their accomplices were occasionally put on trial, but court records show that they got off easily and that the practice was tolerated because it was so profitable.

The indentured servant system of people who voluntarily mortgaged their freedom evolved into slavery. England essentially dumped its unwanted in the American colonies, where they were treated no better than livestock. Servants were regularly battered, whipped, and humiliated. Disease was rampant, food was in short supply, and working and living conditions were grim. War with local native Indian tribes was common. Severe punishment made escape unrealistic. Initially, running away was considered a capital crime, with clemency granted in exchange for an agreement to increase the period of servitude.

You can try to erase history with word play if you like, but these people were in fact slaves.

(snicker)

Want to watch IM2 aka Captain Dumbfuck's head explode? Ask him this one simple question....... since every federal reserve note that is in existence has to be borrowed with interest attached to each and every note? How could the "debt" ever be repaid? I have yet to see a magician pull out eleven marbles from a bag that only contains ten. The world is 260 TRILLION dollars plus in debt .....but to whom is that "owed" to? Why is it that every fiat currency system always collapses? Money should have an intrinsic value which is why our founding fathers said that money should be in gold or silver. IM2 seems to think it's only for dentistry for "grills" and to be worn as "bling bling" and if you see it any other way? Well, you are just a racist that hates poor people and especially blacks. People like IM2 use it as a fall back position when they can't defend their positions. He is a poseur that lamely attempts to claim that he is an intellectual heavyweight thus his opinion is to be weighed and considered. I am sure that I am not alone when I say that bitter fucks that would fail a basic English test that requires even a modicum of punctuation skills has an opinion that should give us pause for thought. (snicker)

Sheeple like IM2 are not losers and failures because of the tint of their skin, they are losers because they think like losers and let other fellow losers tell them that they are losers or those that attempt to keep them in their place that they are losers because not enough like-minded thinking commies are in control.......but at the end of the day, in spite of their failures ( which brings along bitterness) nothing ever changes. Show me your friends and influences and I will show you your future. If you think like a loser and surround yourself with like-minded thinking losers that believe the world owes you a giving? You will have a class of ne'er-do-wells that will play the "Society has made me a victim" card because that is easier than actually taking risks and applying one's self.

Why is it that every fiat currency system always collapses?

Is that why every currency system is based on gold and/or silver?

Oh, right, none are based on gold or silver.

since every federal reserve note that is in existence has to be borrowed with interest attached to each and every note?

How is interest attached? I have a $20 in my hand, I don't see any interest attached? Do I owe someone interest for my $20? Who? How much? How do they get it from me? Or does someone owe me interest? Please explain further.

(snicker)

Ask I can tell by your post , what you're about Bro! your friends or maybe your kids what I'm talking about if you can't understand it. You guys copy, and steal everything from Blacks anyway.
Before I give you a "Cliff's Notes"/ synopsis of my life experience? Could I impress upon you the importance of basic punctuation? Like where to strategically place a "comma"? Since it appears (at least to me) that the only card you have to play against your detractors is their alleged lack of intelligence? You might want to "dot the i's" and "cross those t's". Commas are placed for strategic pauses. Your punctuation incapabilities coupled with your struggles with "your" and "you're" ( and when to use the correct one) hobbles and handicaps you when attempting to pull off the illusion that you are some great intellectual "thinker". IM2 suffers from the same afflictions which is why I suspect you both share such a kinship.....just something to mull over.

I have a degree in computer science and I have worked as an associate engineer for companies like Siemens Dematic. I have been the "point man" for proof of concept programs like the sequencing of "flat mail" which can be anything from a manilla envelope to a Sports Illustrated magazine so carriers don't have to "toss it" and will sort it to the way they walk their route. I was also directing a team that upgraded the software and firmware for the PARS program ( Postal Automated Redirection System) in bulk mail centers all over America. I cut my teeth on doing component level troubleshooting on single layer printed circuit boards before SMT and multi-layered boards came along making it not "cost effective". I worked at Abbott Labs doing the final electronic and functional testing of blood analysis machines that from a small blood sample could give a concise analysis of 47 different levels of elements like glucose, sodium, potassium, etc, etc. I then became an engineering tech where I was the "go to" guy if there was a problem out in the field.

I tired of the constant paperwork and data pack audits where it seemed that I spent more time filling out the required paperwork to appease the FDA than I did actually repairing a machine. I have a very analytical mind where paying attention to the most minute detail can make the critical difference in problem solving. Today's technology takes a lot of "guesswork" out of the equation and the simplest solution is usually the answer....but then there are problems that arise from something as simple as a "software patch" that can fuck up the works because something fell through the cracks during testing. I was that "go to guy". I got into the mailing industry working on mail sorting issues and then to high speed mail inserting equipment that required camera recognition software because some statements might have five pages, some might have six pages etc, etc and God help you if any of the numerous "fail safe" mechanisms were to fail. Moving something as fragile as paper at 20K per hour from a 1,300 pound roll of paper that feeds it in a slitter, then a cutter, reads it and then places the mail set into an accumulator, shoots it into a folder, sends it down to the pin pushers that then send it to be inserted into an envelope from an envelope feeder that must be timed correctly and all running on PLC technology? Well, that requires meticulous attention to detail and any miscalculation of even the slightest adjustment can cause massive headaches.

What do YOU do to earn your federal reserve notes of debt? I suspect that you work a menial labor job that a monkey could be trained to do.........prove me wrong.

(snicker)
All that bullshit you wrote doesn't faze me. If my punctuation is wrong so be it. That doesn't change the fact that you're a sniveling douchebag. Hiding behind your computer spreading racist rhetoric all day is obviously your life...
You actually need another hobby. Go fishing, get a woman you don't have to pay for, read a book. But, like I said you're definitely the smartest person on this message board; if you say so yourself.

(snicker)

(snicker)
All that bullshit you wrote doesn't faze me. If my punctuation is wrong so be it. That doesn't change the fact that you're a sniveling douchebag. Hiding behind your computer spreading racist rhetoric all day is obviously your life...
You actually need another hobby. Go fishing, get a woman you don't have to pay for, read a book. But, like I said you're definitely the smartest person on this message board; if you say so yourself.
"Faze you?" Hell, I doubt that you even understood half of what I posted. I used too many multi-syllable words would be my educated guess. I don't have a racist bone in my body. I despise the fabian socialists regardless of their skin tint. The most prolific racists on this forum are those that claim to be "black". I often wonder if they are really white liberals trying to "stir the pot". As far as your claim that I "hide behind a keyboard"? That gave me a good chuckle. I use my real name, I have a youtube channel and have posted numerous videos of me playing bass to various songs. I have let posters here know that I live in Plano, Texas right around the intersection of Alma and Parker road close to Central Expressway and if they are ever in the vicinity? All they have to do is let me know and we can meet for a beer ...so you might want to "walk back" that comment. I have been the recipient of numerous doxxing attempts over the past twenty years with the sole objective of trying to cause me financial hardship and like always, it never works out for them. Why are leftards that way? Let's be real here and all bullshit aside....why do you think that leftards will go to such extremes to try and get even with someone that bested them in a discussion or shares views that oppose those of the left? Sure seems kind of fascist to me.

(snicker)

Thoughts?

The Irish weren't the only white slaves.

The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America ...

Slavery in America, typically associated with blacks from Africa, was an enterprise that began with the shipping of more than 300,000 white Britons to the colonies. This little known history is fascinatingly recounted in White Cargo (New York University Press, 2007). Drawing on letters, diaries, ship manifests, court documents, and government archives, authors Don Jordan and Michael Walsh detail how thousands of whites endured the hardships of tobacco farming and lived and died in bondage in the New World.

Following the cultivation in 1613 of an acceptable tobacco crop in Virginia, the need for labor accelerated. Slavery was viewed as the cheapest and most expedient way of providing the necessary work force. Due to harsh working conditions, beatings, starvation, and disease, survival rates for slaves rarely exceeded two years. Thus, the high level of demand was sustained by a continuous flow of white slaves from England, Ireland, and Scotland from 1618 to 1775, who were imported to serve America’s colonial masters.

These white slaves in the New World consisted of street children plucked from London’s back alleys, prostitutes, and impoverished migrants searching for a brighter future and willing to sign up for indentured servitude. Convicts were also persuaded to avoid lengthy sentences and executions on their home soil by enslavement in the British colonies. The much maligned Irish, viewed as savages worthy of ethnic cleansing and despised for their rejection of Protestantism, also made up a portion of America’s first slave population, as did Quakers, Cavaliers, Puritans, Jesuits, and others.

Early in the 17th century, the headright system, a land allocation program to attract new colonists, began in Jamestown, Virginia as an attempt to solve labor shortages. The program provided acreage to heads of households that funded travel to the colony for destitute individuals to work the land. It led to the sharp growth of indentured servitude and slavery because the more slaves imported by a colonist, the larger the tracts of land received. Promises of prosperity and land were used to lure the poor, who were typically enslaved for three to 15 years. All the while, agents profited handsomely by augmenting their land holdings. Corruption was rampant in the headright system and included double-counting of individual slaves, land allocations for servants who were dead upon arrival, and per head fees given for those kidnapped off English streets.

Purveyors of slaves often worked in teams of spirits, captains, and office-keepers to kidnap people from English ports for sale in the American labor market. Spirits lured or kidnapped potential servants and arranged for their transport with ship captains. Office-keepers maintained a base to run the operation. They would entertain their prey and get them to sign papers until an awaiting ship became available. Spirits and their accomplices were occasionally put on trial, but court records show that they got off easily and that the practice was tolerated because it was so profitable.

The indentured servant system of people who voluntarily mortgaged their freedom evolved into slavery. England essentially dumped its unwanted in the American colonies, where they were treated no better than livestock. Servants were regularly battered, whipped, and humiliated. Disease was rampant, food was in short supply, and working and living conditions were grim. War with local native Indian tribes was common. Severe punishment made escape unrealistic. Initially, running away was considered a capital crime, with clemency granted in exchange for an agreement to increase the period of servitude.

You can try to erase history with word play if you like, but these people were in fact slaves.
I'm not erasing any history. You are making a claim trying to dismiss black slavery with a claim of white slavery that really did not exist. You keep citing Lew Rockwell a known right wing extremist who is equating indentured servitude to slavery. Find a credible historian to cite.

The term “white slaves” emerged in the 17th and 18th centuries, first as a derogatory term for Irish laborers—equating their social position to that of slaves—later as political rhetoric in Ireland itself, and later still as Southern pro-slavery propaganda against an industrialized North. More recently, Hogan notes, several sources have conflated indentured servitude with chattel slavery in order to argue for a particular Irish disadvantage in the Americas, when compared to other white immigrant groups. Hogan cites several writers—Sean O’Callaghan in To Hell or Barbados and Don Jordan and Michael Walsh in White Cargo: The Forgotten History of Britain’s White Slaves in America—who exaggerate poor treatment of Irish indentured servants and intentionally conflate their status with African slaves. Neither of the authors “bother to inform the reader, in a coherent manner, what the differences are between chattel slavery and indentured servitude or forced labor,” writes Hogan.

Slavery myths: Seven lies, half-truths, and irrelevancies people trot out about slavery—debunked. (slate.com)

Whites were never held in chattel slavery.

This is an important point. Indentured servitude was difficult, deadly work, and many indentured servants died before their terms were over. But indentured servitude was temporary, with a beginning and an end. Those who survived their terms received their freedom. Servants could even petition for early release due to mistreatment, and colonial lawmakers established different, often lesser, punishments for disobedient servants compared to disobedient slaves. Above all, indentured servitude wasn’t hereditary. The children of servants were free; the children of slaves were property. To elide this is to diminish the realities of chattel slavery, which—perhaps—is one reason the most vocal purveyors of the myth are neo-Confederate and white supremacist groups.

Bottom line: Even if many Irish immigrants faced discrimination and hard lives on these shores, it doesn’t change the fact that American slavery—hereditary and race-based—was a massive institution that shaped and defined the political economy of colonial America, and later, the United States. Nor does it change the fact that this institution left a profound legacy for the descendants of enslaved Africans, who even after emancipation were subject to almost a century of violence, disenfranchisement, and pervasive oppression, with social, economic, and cultural effects that persist to the present.

Slavery myths: Seven lies, half-truths, and irrelevancies people trot out about slavery—debunked. (slate.com)

(snicker)

Unfortunately for you, during part of my life I was a licensed financial planner. I held such certification for 19 years. So the only loser I see is you and that's why I laugh at your debt slave bullshit.

Forum List

Back