Rep Jeffries, with Al Sharpton's blessing, introduces bill to criminalize "The Chokehold", police technique used to oppress black folks

... We need to completely change the way we hire and train police officers.

And what do YOU recommend, specifically?

We need better psychological evaluations of those we hire. Maybe we need to require a degree. They need in their training that people do NOT have to cede their rights to them just because they demand it, We need to hold them personally accountable when they do.
That's not very specific.

We aren't writing policy here and people don't read what you write anyway beyond a few sentences. It was most certainly specific enough.

So, you only have a half-assed idea that you haven't bothered to think through.

We need better psychological evaluations of those we hire. Maybe we need to require a degree. They need in their training that people do NOT have to cede their rights to them just because they demand it, We need to hold them personally accountable when they do.

We aren't writing policy here and people don't read what you write anyway beyond a few sentences. It was most certainly specific enough.

Link? I do not have to provide links to my opinions. I am the utmost expert on my opinions.

Link? I do not have to provide links to my opinions. I am the utmost expert on my opinions.

?????????? What the hell are you talking about?

I stated what I would change. You can address it or not.

i can't think of a better idea at this time
A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED ON WHITES

A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED NEEDED ON WHITES

Fixed that for you.

Yea because whites don't break the law. Smfh.

When that cop puts you in a choke hold, he's not doing that to "oppress" you. He's usually doing that to keep from having to shoot your unruly ass.

How about doing this instead? "Yes sir....no sir....yes I have a driver's license....sure I'll give it to you.....thank you sir,....have a nice day..."

How about leaving people alone when you have no reason to be bothering them?

Bond Set At $3 Million For Fired Columbus Police Officer Who Killed Andre Hill

Charge dropped against Black teenager who was walking home from work in Texas snow

What We Know About the Killing of Elijah McClain
I agree with you on that issue. I will also say that is not just African Americans that get messed with. The area you live in can mean a great difference. And they can screw up people and families. Forgiveness is difficult in that way. Policing can be different within the same departments. For those affected, putting pieces back together again can take many years if ever. And there are many police who have gotten away with destroying others. And many within the same government employees who have screwed over others that worked within the same and others. But mother nature shows up. Like the Covid virus. And it starts to even things out. Even if it is uneven. Tragically good people are included in anything that happens in all ways we talk here. And they deserve better.
??????????????????
Where you reside can make a difference in things. There are inept, incompetent and sadistic people in positions of power who get away with anything they want. I live in a county where I exercised at night and I was stopped a dozen times or so over a few years by overbearing police. It got to the point where I was tired of it. And if I did not pull back would have been arrested and more. A few times there were more then one police cruiser and a couple times with dogs. This is abuse of rights. I am smarter now. Not much. But smarter. Potential lawsuits at some point. All of this for exercising at an couple of hours before the sun comes up. Lake County, Florida. A coupe of decades ago or so. Police departments, sheriffs departments, Corrections and more can be corrupted and self serving to themselves. And others are discarded. These are people who abuse surveillance in both public and private concerns and even something like being on the internet would attempt to destroy. And have. Forgiveness is not easy.

I stated what I would change. You can address it or not.

Why did you start talking about a link?

...I live in a county where I exercised at night and I was stopped a dozen times or so over a few years by overbearing police. It got to the point where I was tired of it. ...All of this for exercising at an couple of hours before the sun comes up. ....

What sort of exercise?

...I live in a county where I exercised at night and I was stopped a dozen times or so over a few years by overbearing police. It got to the point where I was tired of it. ...All of this for exercising at an couple of hours before the sun comes up. ....

What sort of exercise?

Dr Chokehold at your service

EvklKZdXYAYuuWd

the former police chief of LA Daryl Gates said there is something about the anatomy of blacks that makes them especially susceptible to serious injury from chokehold, because their arteries do not open as fast as arteries do on "normal people"

In 1976, Adolph Lyons was pulled over by LAPD for a broken taillight. After being ordered of out his car, police placed him into a chokehold until he lost consciousness. He lost at the Supreme Court because he couldn’t prove it would happen again.

EZ_KmmMX0AE_R67

just like when slaves built the white house, the chokehold builds the wealth of white elites

after the civil rights movement stigmatized overt racism, the US economy still required black bodies to exploit. the Chokehold evolved as a "color-blind" method of keeping blacks down, and then blaming them for their own degradation. Public Enemy say: "It takes a nation of millions to hold us back"...actually all it takes is the Chokehold. it is the invisible fist of the law

i can't think of a better idea at this time
A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED ON WHITES
Seattle Cop Forcibly Moves Officer's Knee From Neck Of Detained Man - Eyekon Radio

What sort of exercise?
Walking and jogging. From out of the development to the main highway to other developments. More semi rural. Abusive people can be red or blue. The county is red but has blue in it. Government employees have a powerful say if you run afoul of their dictums. You can not demean any of the fiefdom power structure. parts of Florida has seen massive economic growth from tourism and retirees. Businesses will fall in line to genuflect to local purveyors of power. The old power structures have a corruption that was modernized in some respects. 2020 though has put a huge dent in many ways around areas. At least with growth.

let's keep it real. many people...cops, politicians, white men, see blacks as a threat. the chokehold is the legal and social response

white people are the winners. what they win is not only money by arresting blacks. the criminalizing of blackness also bring psychic rewards. American criminal justice enhances the property value of whiteness

let's keep it real. many people...cops, politicians, white men, see blacks as a threat. the chokehold is the legal and social response

"Social"?
oh the places blacks don't go because of the chokehold. it frees up urban space for coffeehouses and beer gardens...it is sort of an employment stimulus plan for working-class whites, because they don't have to compete for jobs with all the black folks who are locked up

Forum List

Back