Rep Jeffries, with Al Sharpton's blessing, introduces bill to criminalize "The Chokehold", police technique used to oppress black folks

i can't think of a better idea at this time
A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED ON WHITES

A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED NEEDED ON WHITES

Fixed that for you.

Yea because whites don't break the law. Smfh.

When that cop puts you in a choke hold, he's not doing that to "oppress" you. He's usually doing that to keep from having to shoot your unruly ass.

How about doing this instead? "Yes sir....no sir....yes I have a driver's license....sure I'll give it to you.....thank you sir,....have a nice day..."

How about leaving people alone when you have no reason to be bothering them?

Bond Set At $3 Million For Fired Columbus Police Officer Who Killed Andre Hill

Charge dropped against Black teenager who was walking home from work in Texas snow

What We Know About the Killing of Elijah McClain

• Love
Reactions: IM2

Fixed that for you.

When that cop puts you in a choke hold, he's not doing that to "oppress" you. He's usually doing that to keep from having to shoot your unruly ass.

How about doing this instead? "Yes sir....no sir....yes I have a driver's license....sure I'll give it to you.....thank you sir,....have a nice day..."

Why is it he doesn't shoot you in your unruly ass, when you don't say "yes sir/no sir". Funny how that works.

Because unlike many of you folks, I usually don't mouth off to the popo when I get stopped. That just tends to piss them off.

One would think ya'll would have learned that by now. Didn't your folks teach you anything?

Telling the police you are simply walking home is NOT mouthing off. Unfortunately they can see it that way and jump and or arrest you. That has to STOP.

Charge dropped against Black teenager who was walking home from work in Texas snow

• Love
Reactions: IM2

Fixed that for you.
Really?

White guy fights 5 cops men in the police station

I can't. This needs to go.

Fixed that for you.

Why is it he doesn't shoot you in your unruly ass, when you don't say "yes sir/no sir". Funny how that works.
ya, i bet that happens thousands of times yearly.....right?

Police harrassment and brutality? Yep everyday.
more black people die falling out of bed than are shot dead unarmed by cops.
Fact check that if you want, cos it's true.

Fixed that for you.

And irrelevant. Elijah McClain was not shot but he was still murdered.

Some of these videos make me wonder what training the police officers are getting that they cannot restrain someone without choking the life out of them.

Fixed that for you.

So it is only bad if we are killed, how about those who face harrassment and brutality?

I have never seen someone die from a choke hold, and ive seen THOUSANDS of them. Chokes are about the most gentle way to stop a violent person. For the record, kneeling on someones neck isnt a "choke hold".

Some of these videos make me wonder what training the police officers are getting that they cannot restrain someone without choking the life out of them.
When has a cop used a choke hold to "choke the life out of someone"?

A chokehold, choke, stranglehold or, in Judo, shime-waza is a general term for a grappling hold that critically reduces or prevents either air or blood from passing through the neck of an opponent.

Fixed that for you.

I agree with you on that issue. I will also say that is not just African Americans that get messed with. The area you live in can mean a great difference. And they can screw up people and families. Forgiveness is difficult in that way. Policing can be different within the same departments. For those affected, putting pieces back together again can take many years if ever. And there are many police who have gotten away with destroying others. And many within the same government employees who have screwed over others that worked within the same and others. But mother nature shows up. Like the Covid virus. And it starts to even things out. Even if it is uneven. Tragically good people are included in anything that happens in all ways we talk here. And they deserve better.

Fixed that for you.

I agree with you on that issue. I will also say that is not just African Americans that get messed with. The area you live in can mean a great difference. And they can screw up people and families. Forgiveness is difficult in that way. Policing can be different within the same departments. For those affected, putting pieces back together again can take many years if ever. And there are many police who have gotten away with destroying others. And many within the same government employees who have screwed over others that worked within the same and others. But mother nature shows up. Like the Covid virus. And it starts to even things out. Even if it is uneven. Tragically good people are included in anything that happens in all ways we talk here. And they deserve better.

African Americans are not the only ones messed with. They were the group that finally had enough though. I promote the idea of it stopping for all. We need to completely change the way we hire and train police officers.

Period.

Fixed that for you.

??????????????????

... We need to completely change the way we hire and train police officers.

And what do YOU recommend, specifically?

We need better psychological evaluations of those we hire. Maybe we need to require a degree. They need in their training that people do NOT have to cede their rights to them just because they demand it, We need to hold them personally accountable when they do.

We need better psychological evaluations of those we hire. Maybe we need to require a degree. They need in their training that people do NOT have to cede their rights to them just because they demand it, We need to hold them personally accountable when they do.
That's not very specific.

That's not very specific.

We aren't writing policy here and people don't read what you write anyway beyond a few sentences. It was most certainly specific enough.

Forum List

Back