Rent moratorium question?

What does that have to do with the federal government?
Agreed..the Federal Government can't issue quarantines except for Federal Government office buildings and properties. (Which almost all are essential services)

State Governments are the ones issuing the quarantines.

This became a huge thing with Cuomo declaring he wasn't going to do that to NY just because it was a Republican Presidential administration telling him to...

And NY was originally one of the most infected states in America.

Huge political battle right there.

. . . and black-rock will buy all the empty real estate, at above market value.

. . . and then raise all the rent. (They were involved in restructuring the government debt before the pandemic. . . that is probably part of the reason for the pandemic too. . . just a hunch.)

BlackRock, other investment firms 'killing the dream' of home ownership, journalist says​

Welcome to the Great Reset? Corporate landlords poised to snatch Americans’ property after eviction moratorium EXPIRES​

". . . President Biden this week asked his allies in Congress to pass a bill extending the eviction ban, and House Democrats had enough votes to do so, but nevertheless did not. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi put the failure down to not having “enough time to socialize it within our caucus as well as to build the consensus, especially in a time of Covid.”

Pelosi’s typically Washingtonian answer will do little to assuage the millions of Americans who are behind on their rent. A precise figure is hard to nail down, but Moody’s estimates that six million tenants are in arrears, while more than 3.5 million people told the US Census Bureau earlier in July that they face eviction within the next two months. As of Saturday, they are no longer protected from being turfed out onto the streets.

The moratorium also applied to homeowners behind on their mortgages and facing foreclosure – two million of them, to be precise, according to figures from Harvard University.

<snip>

The populist right, as distinct from the more traditional pro-business Republicans in Congress, have focused their anger on BlackRock and Blackstone for their role in denying ordinary Americans a share in the country’s wealth.

Curiously, no political will seemingly exists to fight the corporate-backed dehousing of America. Republicans who profess to defend the freedom of America’s middle class have remained largely silent, which is all the stranger given the fact a nation of renters falls right in line with the World Economic Forum’s ‘Great Reset’ initiative – an ambitious plan to reshape the world’s post-pandemic economy into one in which the average citizen owns nothing.” Incidentally, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink is a trustee of that forum.. . . "

I'm not certain how the bailout works totally....

But I read an article of a landlord of 1 small apt complex with 22 renters, most are paying but about 30% were in the rears I believe...those that were making an effort, even if only $100 a month of the thousand a month of what they owed....She said she would keep... But she first set up space in the apt office for renters to come in and apply for the covid renters relief to help them with their applications....if the renter applies, she is not going to evict, even if it takes them months to get govt relief....

It seems like she thinks she will get that money, in the end??? I sure hope so!!!

I wish I knew how it worked?

Can the renter get the money, then skip on the landlord anyway and use the money for deposits on a new place? If the new place would take in someone who had been evicted? Seems loose as a goose, if that is the case?
If there is a mortgage on the building, the bank will take it and sell it to an investment company. . .

The only landlords and management companies that have this luxury are the ones that own the property outright and can cover the state and federal taxes and expenses.

As far as the renters skipping? Sure, I suppose they could, if they don't use their current place as a reference for the new place or expect to their last deposit back.

. . . but? They will still own that debt and ruin their credit. Most places now check your references and do a credit check before you can sign a lease.

LOL looks like the SCOTUS is just for show now. SCOTUS rules the eviction moratorium was illegal and cannot be extended. Then Biden’s CDC announces a new moratorium for 60-days. They will just keep using the excuse of new variants, they will keep doing this no matter how unconstitutional it is. This way property owners will be so broke they have to sell. It will cause a huge crash in the entire housing market. Biden’s friends in the banking industry repossess the properties and others will buy them up for pennies on the dollar.

LOL looks like the SCOTUS is just for show now. SCOTUS rules the eviction moratorium was illegal and cannot be extended. Then Biden’s CDC announces a new moratorium for 60-days. They will just keep using the excuse of new variants, they will keep doing this no matter how unconstitutional it is. This way property owners will be so broke they have to sell. It will cause a huge crash in the entire housing market. Biden’s friends in the banking industry repossess the properties and others will buy them up for pennies on the dollar.
FYI- I've read 80% of all renters are paying their rent on time.... 20% are not.

This thread says $15 billion in the rears for back rent....

Congress passed in total, $47 billion, $26.5 Billion in the last bill....

There is MORE THAN ENOUGH to cover the back rent already given to the States....

We just need the States to get it in to the hands of renters and landlords....

I don't know what the hold up is?

I would have set the program up where the landlords apply for it, with the renters who had been covid affected.

FYI- I've read 80% of all renters are paying their rent on time.... 20% are not.

This thread says $15 billion in the rears for back rent....

Congress passed in total, $47 billion, $26.5 Billion in the last bill....

There is MORE THAN ENOUGH to cover the back rent already given to the States....

We just need the States to get it in to the hands of renters and landlords....

I don't know what the hold up is?

I would have set the program up where the landlords apply for it, with the renters who had been covid affected.
Of course the government can print more money to pay off the property owners, you think they will? No, they won’t. They want these property owners to go under. The banks win, while people lose their rights. Property owners just had their constitutional rights stripped for over a year, all in the name of “welfare for the people”. Too bad gullible saps like you keep making excuses for them.

The moratorium was an unconstitutional overstep by the federal government and never should have happened. That aside, there are also far reaching consequences and ripple affects as a result of this type of interference that the government had no business weighing in on.
they have zero authority to do this and biden even says so and he's simply buying time to hand out money while this goes through the courts.

it also leaves out home owners. don't pay that you're gone.

If there is a mortgage on the building, the bank will take it and sell it to an investment company. . .

The only landlords and management companies that have this luxury are the ones that own the property outright and can cover the state and federal taxes and expenses.

As far as the renters skipping? Sure, I suppose they could, if they don't use their current place as a reference for the new place or expect to their last deposit back.

. . . but? They will still own that debt and ruin their credit. Most places now check your references and do a credit check before you can sign a lease.
that's part 2 no one is seeing as they giggle I GOT A YEAR FREE RENT!!

try renting anywhere else again. better hope the homeless camps pick up cause many are headed there once they realize the free money is only to to get by you, not to help you. once they're by you, money is gone.

The landlords weren't bailed out, were they? Guy's have mortgages. If they aren't bailed out, they're still on the hook for all the unpaid back rent. Congress approved like 50 billion dollars for states to parcel out. WTF? The Treasury under mUnchkin paid out billions to businesses that NEVER reopened.

If I'm a renter, I'm sure the back rent would be a bitch. But homeowners didn't get bailed out, did they? I know I kept paying my mortgage and helping my kid's rent even though our incomes took hits. The renters can't get a free lunch here. If there's no way for them to make up the back rent (and I suspect there is not) then the landlords have to get some help, if they haven't already.
kinda building an intentional catch 22, huh?

they only need your support for a bit. buy it then toss people aside. you got what you wanted. people need to wake up to the crap they're being fed.

the fact the R's are not doing more than whine is horrible as well.

The landlords weren't bailed out, were they? Guy's have mortgages. If they aren't bailed out, they're still on the hook for all the unpaid back rent. Congress approved like 50 billion dollars for states to parcel out. WTF? The Treasury under mUnchkin paid out billions to businesses that NEVER reopened.

If I'm a renter, I'm sure the back rent would be a bitch. But homeowners didn't get bailed out, did they? I know I kept paying my mortgage and helping my kid's rent even though our incomes took hits. The renters can't get a free lunch here. If there's no way for them to make up the back rent (and I suspect there is not) then the landlords have to get some help, if they haven't already.
This is a tough one. Renters lost a lot of income because of Covid and relief was approved and not doled out.

I get it that landlords have bills too.

My business leases. We were told that our landlord was willing to share the pain. He was smart. Finding a new tenant is a money loser for him.

Fortunately we were able to keep paying out rent but that is not always the case.

Throwing people out in the streets is not the answer

What you see is a lot of land lords trying to get their delinquent tenants to sign up for rent assistance.

I'm not sure how it worked but what I imagine is that the land lords are responsible for getting their people to sign up to be reimbursed. I think the program on the state level is shut down now.

Of course the government can print more money to pay off the property owners, you think they will? No, they won’t. They want these property owners to go under. The banks win, while people lose their rights. Property owners just had their constitutional rights stripped for over a year, all in the name of “welfare for the people”. Too bad gullible saps like you keep making excuses for them.
:lol::lol:

Come on! You can't actually believe that crud you just typed!!!???!!!

The federal govt ALREADY PASSED the Renter/Landlord Relief..... the money was given to the State govt to manage and distribute to their renters affected by the covid pandemic. To put it in your terms, the money has already been printed.

The states get No BENEFIT from having all these renters evicted and out on the streets with no where to go, a rise in crime, and a bunch of other ills.... And the local leaders in govt get no benefit from the banks crushing their landlords out of business and property.....

That's just whacko!

It's incompetence, and govt bureaucracy bullcrap that has lead to this delay in getting the money, again that was already allotted to them...

:lol::lol:

Come on! You can't actually believe that crud you just typed!!!???!!!

The federal govt ALREADY PASSED the Renter/Landlord Relief..... the money was given to the State govt to manage and distribute to their renters affected by the covid pandemic. To put it in your terms, the money has already been printed.

The states get No BENEFIT from having all these renters evicted and out on the streets with no where to go, a rise in crime, and a bunch of other ills.... And the local leaders in govt get no benefit from the banks crushing their landlords out of business and property.....

That's just whacko!

It's incompetence, and govt bureaucracy bullcrap that has lead to this delay in getting the money, again that was already allotted to them...
And what makes you think states run by Democrats give two shits about “what’s good for the state”?

. . . and black-rock will buy all the empty real estate, at above market value.

. . . and then raise all the rent. (They were involved in restructuring the government debt before the pandemic. . . that is probably part of the reason for the pandemic too. . . just a hunch.)

BlackRock, other investment firms 'killing the dream' of home ownership, journalist says​

Welcome to the Great Reset? Corporate landlords poised to snatch Americans’ property after eviction moratorium EXPIRES​

". . . President Biden this week asked his allies in Congress to pass a bill extending the eviction ban, and House Democrats had enough votes to do so, but nevertheless did not. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi put the failure down to not having “enough time to socialize it within our caucus as well as to build the consensus, especially in a time of Covid.”

Pelosi’s typically Washingtonian answer will do little to assuage the millions of Americans who are behind on their rent. A precise figure is hard to nail down, but Moody’s estimates that six million tenants are in arrears, while more than 3.5 million people told the US Census Bureau earlier in July that they face eviction within the next two months. As of Saturday, they are no longer protected from being turfed out onto the streets.

The moratorium also applied to homeowners behind on their mortgages and facing foreclosure – two million of them, to be precise, according to figures from Harvard University.

<snip>

The populist right, as distinct from the more traditional pro-business Republicans in Congress, have focused their anger on BlackRock and Blackstone for their role in denying ordinary Americans a share in the country’s wealth.

Curiously, no political will seemingly exists to fight the corporate-backed dehousing of America. Republicans who profess to defend the freedom of America’s middle class have remained largely silent, which is all the stranger given the fact a nation of renters falls right in line with the World Economic Forum’s ‘Great Reset’ initiative – an ambitious plan to reshape the world’s post-pandemic economy into one in which the average citizen owns nothing.” Incidentally, BlackRock CEO Larry Fink is a trustee of that forum.. . . "

Killing the dream of home ownership will come with a price, because that is a profoundly American idea, and both politicians and rent pimps can be boycotted If one has the stones.

New Topics

Forum List

Back