Renewables dominate

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Renewable make up 87% of new generation so far this year.

1637777553268.png

Ask TX how well those work in an ice storm. All this tells me is that more money has been spent on inefficient power generation than should have been.
Silly ass, it was the failure of gas, coal, and nuke plants that were most responsible for the loss of the grid when most needed. And all the failures were because some idiots did not plan for cold weather, in spite of the 2011 freeze. Liars like you just try to put the blame on the windmills.

80% of "new generation" In other words we still get the vast majority of power elsewhere.
True, we still get 60% of our generation from fossil fuels. But that is changing as we post. Renewables now generate 20%, nuclear 20%, and coal only 19% and rapidly falling. By 2030, it is likely that over 50% of electrical generation will be renewables because of cost.

Silly ass, it was the failure of gas, coal, and nuke plants that were most responsible for the loss of the grid when most needed. And all the failures were because some idiots did not plan for cold weather, in spite of the 2011 freeze. Liars like you just try to put the blame on the windmills.

Correct. Wind turbines produce a fraction of Texas' power and aren't winterized. USA Today.
Why do you think that is silly ass. Could it be because they are inefficient and not worth winterizing? Naw, couldn't be that. Clean your stomach window--it, like you has become jaded.
Gee, afterall, they are so lovely to look at in Palm Springs, eh?
1637797250333.png

Correct. Wind turbines produce a fraction of Texas' power and aren't winterized. USA Today.
Why do you think that is silly ass. Could it be because they are inefficient and not worth winterizing? Naw, couldn't be that. Clean your stomach window--it, like you has become jaded.
Gee, afterall, they are so lovely to look at in Palm Springs, eh?
View attachment 568065
God, you are one dumb ass. The wind turbines in the Dakotas and Montana did not fail. And it was much colder for far longer there. The morons in Texas failed to winterize their natural gas lines, the coal and nuke plants, and the renewables. In spite of the fact that the had a similar though smaller dose of this weather in 2011. And those turbines look far better than the scars of mountain top mining for coal.

scars of mountain top mining for coal.
Mining scars are put back to previous state. Moron. Just keep hanging your hat on inefficient wind energy. It is a joke. As for MT--they get 7.5% of their energy from wind, I'd be willing to bet that little, if any comes during the winter. More shit from Portland schools.

Mining scars are put back to previous state. Moron. Just keep hanging your hat on inefficient wind energy. It is a joke. As for MT--they get 7.5% of their energy from wind, I'd be willing to bet that little, if any comes during the winter. More shit from Portland schools.
LOL Montana could get 100% of their energy needs from wind. However, they really don't need to do that as they have a very robust hydro system also. There is no need of fossil fuels or nuclear in Montana. and the state could be exporting electricity in a relatively short time by build out more wind.

Mining scars put back to their previous state? You are a liar.

LOL Montana could get 100% of their energy needs from wind. However, they really don't need to do that as they have a very robust hydro system also. There is no need of fossil fuels or nuclear in Montana. and the state could be exporting electricity in a relatively short time by build out more wind.

Woulda coulda shoulda, I've been listening to democrats spout those three words all year. Speculation doesn't get it. BTW, MT only gets 45% of their energy needs from renewables--7.5% from the wind. Try again moron. Fuck the Sierra club as well--they've been attempting to send the world back to the stone age for years.

Mining scars put back to their previous state? You are a liar.

Careful, moron, you're going to have a coronary. I get my info from numerous sources. I am not some tree-hugging, brainless anarchist that allows the shit of the earth to run rough shod over my town. Get educated beyond your sierra club indoctrination and try a little critical thinking for yourself.

Careful, moron, you're going to have a coronary. I get my info from numerous sources. I am not some tree-hugging, brainless anarchist that allows the shit of the earth to run rough shod over my town. Get educated beyond your sierra club indoctrination and try a little critical thinking for yourself.
But you are afraid to post those sources. LOL You are a liar.

Fake.

Solar/Wind together still provide less than 10% of grid electricity. Another fraudulent thread from Rocks.

But don't take my word for it....check the US GOVERNMENT EIA Report from Feb 2021.....yuk...yuk.
I'm sick of posting it up....my shoulder still sore from spiking so many footballs.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Hey btw....for my climate crusader pals....a little suggestion for what you could ask for this holiday season. I know you guys always real sketchy with Covid around.,...

Here ya go....available on-line...only about $250!!

( my guess is Crick probably has owned one for months now )

5f65168c57b7da001ee1290c.jpeg

Fake.

Solar/Wind together still provide less than 10% of grid electricity. Another fraudulent thread from Rocks.

But don't take my word for it....check the US GOVERNMENT EIA Report from Feb 2021.....yuk...yuk.
I'm sick of posting it up....my shoulder still sore from spiking so many footballs.

:abgg2q.jpg:
Sad to say, but you are pretty much a dumb fuck. Do you understand exponential curves? I think not. Here is a real life example;

1638116007714.png

Forum List

Back