Renewable energy: The grim reality for climate crusaders!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
When I read this, I laughed my balls off! For over 10 years, I've been telling the ( small ) AGW crowd in here that the math on solar/wind is pure fantasy!! I had no idea it was THIS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Getting Real About Green Energy

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD :ack-1::ack-1:

If we started tomorrow, we'd have to build thousands of wind/solar fields every day for the next 11,000 days with no days off!

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::backpedal:

Lol....we cant even agree on the label we out on a bathroom and people are going around painting streets white in California!!:blowup:

We always thought the climate crusading AGW people didnt quite have both feet firmly planted on the floor. You read this and think about those goofy space station guys floating around smiling with a cup of coffee in their hands giving the thumbs up

Windmills and big solar boondoggles crushed the Ontario economy and doubled our debt in a decade. We will never recover, in an already low performing, near police state.

Who benefited? The former Premiers pals, that's who. She didn't even spend a day in prison.

The cost of megawatt hour for wind and solar has become competitive and is starting to replace old coal-fired capacity. In some countries, it is now flat-out cheaper to use renewables. Billions of dollars are being invested and all of the new capacity is in renewables. Not much is going into coal-fired capacity, at least in the Developed World. Coal consumption in this country has been declining for 15 years and will continue to do so. However, coal and hydrocarbons, particularly gas, will likely be the mainstay of power for decades to come. Renewables aren't suited for baseload capacity. The only way they will only become suitable for baseload capacity is through innovative battery technology.

Innovative battery technology will eventually lead to a decline in oil consumption for cars and light trucks, but it is unlikely that overall demand for oil will decline any time soon. Cars are one part of oil demand, but heavy trucks, airplanes and feedstocks for chemicals and plastics will likely cause oil demand to continue to rise in aggregate for at least another 2-3 decades.

It should be noted that employment in renewable energy sources is now almost as high as traditional hydrocarbon industries. It should also be noted that while California is the state with the most renewable power capacity, Texas is second.

The cost of megawatt hour for wind and solar has become competitive and is starting to replace old coal-fired capacity. In some countries, it is now flat-out cheaper to use renewables. Billions of dollars are being invested and all of the new capacity is in renewables. Not much is going into coal-fired capacity, at least in the Developed World. Coal consumption in this country has been declining for 15 years and will continue to do so. However, coal and hydrocarbons, particularly gas, will likely be the mainstay of power for decades to come. Renewables aren't suited for baseload capacity. The only way they will only become suitable for baseload capacity is through innovative battery technology.

Innovative battery technology will eventually lead to a decline in oil consumption for cars and light trucks, but it is unlikely that overall demand for oil will decline any time soon. Cars are one part of oil demand, but heavy trucks, airplanes and feedstocks for chemicals and plastics will likely cause oil demand to continue to rise in aggregate for at least another 2-3 decades.

It should be noted that employment in renewable energy sources is now almost as high as traditional hydrocarbon industries. It should also be noted that while California is the state with the most renewable power capacity, Texas is second.

In some countries, it is now flat-out cheaper to use renewables.

Which ones? Germany?

I never get people talking about renewable energy efforts as if China and India dont exist on the planet. Somebody explain it to me please!:113:

I never get people talking about renewable energy efforts as if China and India dont exist on the planet. Somebody explain it to me please!:113:

Pollution isn't seriously going to go down unless China and India do something about it. However, both are, especially China. China is a world-leader in solar panel technology, and the government is pushing it hard. It's a health issue in China. India's a little different, but there is a fair amount of private money going into renewables there.

In some countries, it is now flat-out cheaper to use renewables.

Which ones? Germany?

Countries in South America and Africa.

Any non-hydro cheaper "renewables"?

Wind farms in The Gorge, I guess there's a plan to load up Hanford with solar panels ... the other part of this was outlawing burning coal for electricity ... forcing folks to use these renewables ... a few companies have moved here for that reason, not many ... I have a gas heater so I can't claim to be carbon neutral ... rats ...

Depends on where ... Bonneville is dominate in the region and has been for close to 100 years ...
Plus solar panels could be more efficient, I think the current 20% could be improved upon ...

CAREFUL ... my friend ... you almost said "conservation" ... that's a filthy dirty word in the United States ...

Depends on where ... Bonneville is dominate in the region and has been for close to 100 years ...
Plus solar panels could be more efficient, I think the current 20% could be improved upon ...

CAREFUL ... my friend ... you almost said "conservation" ... that's a filthy dirty word in the United States ...

I guess for me, having a conversation about the impossible seems needless to me. So like.....somebody bringing up a thread about reversing the Civil Rights movement......you could have a conversation about it but it'd be pretty st00pid. The world will continue to use fossil fuels for decades because the cost of renewable energy is staggering. Remember......the statistics on "costs" as referenced by green folks does not include the huge ticket items like the cost of building transmission lines etc.......trillions! Cost analysis by the green folks is only the cost of the end product. In other words, its fake.

So by the time some decades go by one would expect some new technologies but by 2050, it most certainly wont be solar/wind. So why have a conversation?:113::113:

When I read this, I laughed my balls off! For over 10 years, I've been telling the ( small ) AGW crowd in here that the math on solar/wind is pure fantasy!! I had no idea it was THIS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Getting Real About Green Energy

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD :ack-1::ack-1:

If we started tomorrow, we'd have to build thousands of wind/solar fields every day for the next 11,000 days with no days off!

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::backpedal:

Lol....we cant even agree on the label we out on a bathroom and people are going around painting streets white in California!!:blowup:

We always thought the climate crusading AGW people didnt quite have both feet firmly planted on the floor. You read this and think about those goofy space station guys floating around smiling with a cup of coffee in their hands giving the thumbs up
The reason for all of the bobbleheadedness on solar/wind is because megawatt costs don't include either subsidy or transmission line cost. d0y

Wind costs more than you think due to massive federal subsidies

Most people have no clue about the real costs......but then again, when have costs ever mattered to progressives?:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

The trully sad part of it is that there really is a viable alternative that none of the idiots ever talks about, Thorium! In fact it could be used to convert every existing fossil fueled plant out there to clean, cost efficient and safe nuclear. Not the dangerous uranium fueled light water kind but the safe thorium fueled LFTR kind.

Thorium-based nuclear power - Wikipedia

Right ... I sometimes forget that strictly speaking, Thorium in non-renewable ... just that it's safe to treat it as a renewable energy source when deciding our energy future ... we're only looking out 1,000 years or so ... long after cheap fossil fuels are gone ...

Forum List

Back