Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's: Should Christians give up their guns if ordered by government?

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Just for the sake of conversation, if Congress and the POTUS eliminated the 2nd amendment and ordered that all guns be turned into your local government office, would you? Jesus commands us to give to the government that which they request, right?

Of course, if the government is known to be corrupt and likely to persecute its people, would it then be justified to disobey Jesus' command?

Just eliminating the 2nd Amendment doesn't do that ... it has to be replaced by language that allows the Federal government to regulate guns ... something that overrides the many State Constitutions that clearly give individual gun ownership rights ... state and local police won't take our guns ...

Jesus said "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" ... and Caesar says 2/3's of each house of Congress and 3/4's the States ...

Why would Christians have guns? The early Christian church did not even permit active military members to join their congregation. How times have changed.

Just for the sake of conversation, if Congress and the POTUS eliminated the 2nd amendment and ordered that all guns be turned into your local government office, would you? Jesus commands us to give to the government that which they request, right?

Of course, if the government is known to be corrupt and likely to persecute its people, would it then be justified to disobey Jesus' command?

Troll. No we aren’t giving up shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would Christians have guns? The early Christian church did not even permit active military members to join their congregation. How times have changed.

Luke 22:36
Then said he [Jesus] unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Then said he [Jesus] unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" Mathew 26:52

• Banned
Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" Mathew 26:52

That passage also confuses me. Are we permitted to engage in self-defense? Are we supposed to be pacifists? If good men didn't fight, we might all be dead.

To use an anit-gun argument. Only those firearms that were available when the quote was made.

No guns given because Jesus say "to Caesar" and the name of the president is Donald.

One of the original definitions of Caesar is "abundantly hairy" and certain people do seem to be obsessed with his hair. So....

1. Not only no but HELL NO!
2. Congress and the POTUS can not eliminate the 2nd amendment! It would have to be ratified by two-thirds of the states thru a constitutional convention.
3. Jesus did NOT tell us to give the gov't anything they request.
4. The gov't did not make my guns.

And finally...

Glinda1.jpg

What guns?

A big bright light came and took them all away.

Prove me wrong, otherwise pound sand.

The right to defend yourself and country from dictators is not granted by government and can not be taken away by government.
Gun control is inherently corrupt, since in a democratic republic, individual rights are the only basis for authority, and individuals can never create a government with the authority to disarm them,

I'm with you guys in the "Hell No!" category.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

The Swords didn't belong to Cesar when yeshu was around and the guns aren't his either

Of course, if the government is known to be corrupt and likely to persecute its people, would it then be justified to disobey Jesus'

Sorry for jumping to wrong conclusion

Of course, if the government is known to be corrupt and likely to persecute its people, would it then be justified to disobey Jesus'

No worries my brother. You're a good man!

That has nothing to do with the Scripture you're replying to

No worries my brother. You're a good man!

Thank you my brother. [emoji1374]

Forum List

Back