Remove ’Everybody Draw Muhammad Day’ from Facebook

murtaza

Rookie
May 19, 2010
The Forum ’Everybody Draw Muhammad Day’ on facebook is against moral values and mutual respect for all cultures. This forum contains graffiti including sexual images, defamatory slogans and images containing extreme gore depicting the Prophet of Islam. Despite over 20000 reports against this group as hate speech/racism, facebook has not removed this group during the past month.

Link to group: facebook.com/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?ref=ts

it is also a breach of 3 different laws within the United States that restrict freedom of Speech w.r.t. rights of individuals regarding ethnicity, race and religion. Facebook qualifies for a lawsuit if it does not remove this group before the 20th of may 2010, by US law.

Details of the legal practicalities can be seen here:
Link: zohaibhisam.com/?p=185

People from all religions and races should refrain from exercising free speech in defamatory hate statements, hate crimes and incitement to violence. Mutual respect for each others beliefs and sanctity of all religions should be kept intact on all social forums to ensure we bridge gaps between all men, instead of aggravating relations more. Genuine efforts towards removing such communities, be they against any religion, is our duty as responsible individuals. Ideas for better, responsible regulation of content over facebook and other social networks would be greatly appreciated.

Don't like it, don't read it. No one tells you what you can and can not say, show the same respect to others. Stop whining.

Take your 'regulation' and shove it where the sun don't shine. Fucking words and drawings can't hurt you.... idiot.

Last edited:
americans believe in freedom of speech...regardless of who we are insulting.....christians, jews etc...
get use to it...we wont abide what was done in holland to van gogh....do that here and we will rain hell down on you and yours.....

we are like that...its the fucking american way

we dont let ignorance kills our genius artists regardless of the art they do.

americans believe in freedom of speech...regardless of who we are insulting.....christians, jews etc...
get use to it...we wont abide what was done in holland to van gogh....do that here and we will rain hell down on you and yours.....

we are like that...its the fucking american way

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I see where he's coming from, CaliGirl. I didn't take it as a rant or a whine. Christians and Jews get the same treatment on an on-going basis. There truly are some people, even on this board, who would give their eye teeth to completely obliterate any form of religion just because they don't believe or because it "insults their intelligence and treads on their civil right to not be exposed to it in any way, shape or form." Never mind the civil rights of those who do believe.

I don't know what it says on Facebook. I just don't go there very much at all.

i dont understand why anyone does facebook...bunch of lurkers and stalkers if you ask me....no one did of course but hey i got two cents here....that is about it too....

i dont understand why anyone does facebook...bunch of lurkers and stalkers if you ask me....no one did of course but hey i got two cents here....that is about it too....

Wow----I think you jsut described men and women. Lurkers and stalkers. They're every where, Bones, looking for a way to fit in without having to sell their souls. Scared.

The Forum ’Everybody Draw Muhammad Day’ on facebook is against moral values and mutual respect for all cultures. This forum contains graffiti including sexual images, defamatory slogans and images containing extreme gore depicting the Prophet of Islam. Despite over 20000 reports against this group as hate speech/racism, facebook has not removed this group during the past month.

Link to group: facebook.com/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425?ref=ts

it is also a breach of 3 different laws within the United States that restrict freedom of Speech w.r.t. rights of individuals regarding ethnicity, race and religion. Facebook qualifies for a lawsuit if it does not remove this group before the 20th of may 2010, by US law.

People from all religions and races should refrain from exercising free speech in defamatory hate statements, hate crimes and incitement to violence. Mutual respect for each others beliefs and sanctity of all religions should be kept intact on all social forums to ensure we bridge gaps between all men, instead of aggravating relations more. Genuine efforts towards removing such communities, be they against any religion, is our duty as responsible individuals. Ideas for better, responsible regulation of content over facebook and other social networks would be greatly appreciated.

I think we need to call this.

waaambulance-custom-profile-header-1.jpg

I personally wouldn't do something that was offensive to a person's religious beliefs (at least not intentionally) as I see it as a (albeit illogical) sacred cow that tends to bring otu the worst in people.

That being said, this is America and we have a right to be offensive and you don't have a right to not be offended. So....... No.

Yeah, good luck with that. Run it up the flagpole and see how far it gets you. Facebook isn't listening to your complaints and threats of litigation, because they know you've got nothing.

I don't disagree with this statement. However, when people choose not to follow this mandate, there is no legal obligation to force them too.

Ordinarily, I believe in courtesy to all. One should not insult the religions of others. One should always treat the insanity of your friends with decent respect.

And just because Islam as a group is a by and large a bunch of low life jerkasses when it comes to respecting the religions of others is no excuse for us to go down the same low road. Immaturity in others does not excuse immaturity in ourselves.

the hell with that stupid...... We got to take it, you got to take it, so up yours with bells on!

And just because Islam as a group is a by and large a bunch of low life jerkasses when it comes to respecting the religions of others

That's a silly statement. You can look at the fascistic elements and groups in the religion and then at the other billion or so people who are Muslim who aren't intolerant.

It would be like saying the Klan represents Christianity. Or the Catholic Church during the inquisition.

We might not kill them, but we'll sure as hell throw them in prison.

See: Lenny Bruce.
And this facebook group is following Bruce's lead.

Perhaps we'll be tossed in jail for obscenity against Muhammed (Screw Him)?

Well, it's perhaps 1/1000th as funny as Bruce. But I agree. That's why I generally oppose censors.

And just because Islam as a group is a by and large a bunch of low life jerkasses when it comes to respecting the religions of others

That's a silly statement. You can look at the fascistic elements and groups in the religion and then at the other billion or so people who are Muslim who aren't intolerant.

It would be like saying the Klan represents Christianity. Or the Catholic Church during the inquisition.

The Holy office was the official arm of the Christian church at the time, so your argument kind of fails, but I take your point and I understand where you are coming from.

This attitude of the OP is not an extreme position. It is, from what I see, one of the milder and more polite version of it. Like the christianity of witchcraft trials and such like 300 years ago, Islam is defined by its goofs. I would like to see a bit more maturity on their part before I take on some maturity on mine.

Welcome to America and the Internet, fucknut. Go whine somewhere else.

Pork chop? :)

Perfect-Pork-Chops_featured_article_628x371.jpg

Last edited:

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhaha suffer bitch!!

What is against "moral values and mutual respect for all cultures" is a bunch of nutbars threatening to kill people for a cartoon.

No one cares what offends you. I suspect if you look, you'll find things offensive to almost anyone on facebook. And feel free to avoid facebook if you don't like it's contents or manner of operation. THAT is your remedy. THAT is what freedom of speech is.

And you seem to have a warped idea of what the first amendment is...

New Topics

Forum List

Back