Reminder of how Singular Mr. Woods Was

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

It was what has become the usual Sunday sleep-fest on the PGA tour. The leaders strive to shoot par and hope nobody pulls a diamond out of his ass from the field...and that's the way you win these days. Isn't it sad that the golf headline on Monday almost invariably includes the verb, "outlast," indicating a boring day and finish. Ironically, this event is held, at least partially, to honor the memory of the great Arnold Palmer, who really put golf on the map for millions by storming back from the field to win on Sundays with a string of exciting, clutch birdies - the only thing that can make golf exciting as a spectator event for non-golfers.

Yesterday's excitement was mainly comprised of two things: Watching DeChambeau's monstrous drives - usually into the high grass - which produced the thrilling result of him hitting a 9-iron approach rather than his opponent's 7. Second was the Golf Gods' constant teasing of Jordan Spieth - the fans' favorite - missing birdie attempt after birdie attempt by fractions of an inch.

I forget the exact number but the late Mr. Woods won something like 52 of 53 tournaments when he led on Sunday morning, usually taking a multi-stroke lead by mid-round and just playing it out.

For the golfers who may be reading this, maybe the tournament directors could inject a little more spectator-fun into these Sunday sleep fests by using the easiest pin placements on Sunday to get strings of birdies, rather than the toughest - forcing the golfers to shoot for the middle of the green, and 30 foot birdie putts.

It was what has become the usual Sunday sleep-fest on the PGA tour. The leaders strive to shoot par and hope nobody pulls a diamond out of his ass from the field...and that's the way you win these days. Isn't it sad that the golf headline on Monday almost invariably includes the verb, "outlast," indicating a boring day and finish. Ironically, this event is held, at least partially, to honor the memory of the great Arnold Palmer, who really put golf on the map for millions by storming back from the field to win on Sundays with a string of exciting, clutch birdies - the only thing that can make golf exciting as a spectator event for non-golfers.

Yesterday's excitement was mainly comprised of two things: Watching DeChambeau's monstrous drives - usually into the high grass - which produced the thrilling result of him hitting a 9-iron approach rather than his opponent's 7. Second was the Golf Gods' constant teasing of Jordan Spieth - the fans' favorite - missing birdie attempt after birdie attempt by fractions of an inch.

I forget the exact number but the late Mr. Woods won something like 52 of 53 tournaments when he led on Sunday morning, usually taking a multi-stroke lead by mid-round and just playing it out.

For the golfers who may be reading this, maybe the tournament directors could inject a little more spectator-fun into these Sunday sleep fests by using the easiest pin placements on Sunday to get strings of birdies, rather than the toughest - forcing the golfers to shoot for the middle of the green, and 30 foot birdie putts.
It would be nice to see the golfing world stop worshipping Tiger Woods.

The “accident” he was in wasn’t an accident, it was completely self-induced. It’s the third time he was driving while drugged up on meds, he likely passed out since he didn’t even brake after jumping the curb and going into head on traffic before going up a hill and rolling over. He is lucky he didn’t kill anyone else. But since he has black athlete privilege, he never gets charged for reckless driving.

“accident” he was in wasn’t an accident, it was completely self-induced.
Thanks to his bad driving Woods has no chance to catch the Jack Nicholas as the best golfer of all time

the best he can claim is being 2nd best

Had a golf club in hand since I was 5. Two time defending Caddies champ.

These golf balls are so illegal today the game is shot. I hit the ball about the same distance 50 yrs later. So wrong.

These illegal clubs the same way. My God.

I tell the pussies who don't play 7000 yds to add 8 strokes to match me.

My traveling league plays some doozies. I like hilly courses and blind shots. I like to never have an even stance. We like the rough 5 inches. We like the greens faster than a pool table.

We don't do driver and an 8 iron. We do driver and about a 4 iron

And last. You better fucking walk or at least use crutches.

Forum List

Back