Remembering When Not A Single GOP Presidential Candidate Stood Up For Active Military

It wasn't the Soldier being booed...

It was the question about repealing DADT, and even then it was only a couple of people who booed the question.

Damn lying Liberals.

Probably because he was violating armed services regulations by announcing his sexual orientation.

Really? All the GOP candidates did NOT defend an active duty military member in a war zone, because they felt he was violating a regulation? :eusa_liar:

Defend him from what?

When a US military service member sends in a video to a presidential forum, and the crowd attacks the service member and his comments (how do you boo a comment and not the speaker? idiots!), and not one single GOP candidate chastises the rightwing crowd...

shame! :mad:

Really? All the GOP candidates did NOT defend an active duty military member in a war zone, because they felt he was violating a regulation? :eusa_liar:

Defend him from what?

When a US military service member sends in a video to a presidential forum, and the crowd attacks the service member and his comments (how do you boo a comment and not the speaker? idiots!), and not one single GOP candidate chastises the rightwing crowd...

You can easily boo what someone is saying. It happens all the time. The GOP disagrees with what the soldier was saying, so why would any candidate defend what he was saying?

The libturds attempted this tactic when the episode occurred. It was dishonest then, and it's even more dishonest now.

It wasn't the Soldier being booed...

It was the question about repealing DADT, and even then it was only a couple of people who booed the question.

Damn lying Liberals.

They are all disgustingly dishonest, but no low is too low for their agenda

Defend him from what?

You can easily boo what someone is saying. It happens all the time. The GOP disagrees with what the soldier was saying, so why would any candidate defend what he was saying?

The libturds attempted this tactic when the episode occurred. It was dishonest then, and it's even more dishonest now.

Principled Republican versus creeps like you:

Republican presidential candidates should have spoken up when a crowd at a GOP debate last month booed a gay soldier, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday.

On CBS’ “Face the Nation,” McCain – when pressed by host Bob Schieffer on the issue – said he believed the candidates should have put a stop to the booing

But he said it’s often difficult to react quickly during a live debate.

"A lot of times, you know, when you're in a debate, you're thinking about what you're going to say and what the question is going to be,” McCain said. “It's hard to react sometimes. I would bet that every Republican on that stage did not agree with that kind of behavior."

Saturday night in a speech to the gay rights advocacy group the Human Rights Campaign President Obama criticized the GOP candidates for not speaking up during the debate

--

get it?

Which GOP Presidential candidate defended the soldier? Which one chastised the booers?

:eusa_whistle:

Why would they defend what he was saying, when they opposed what he was saying?

Defending a soldier who is in a combat area from being booed? That's what is wrong with leftists and rightwingers, they would shout down those who exercise free speech rights.

Getting booed is part and parcel of free speech. You think being in a combat zone exempts anyone from being unpopular with the public?

Republican presidential candidates should have spoken up when a crowd at a GOP debate last month booed a gay soldier, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Sunday.

On CBS’ “Face the Nation,” McCain – when pressed by host Bob Schieffer on the issue – said he believed the candidates should have put a stop to the booing

"A lot of times, you know, when you're in a debate, you're thinking about what you're going to say and what the question is going to be,” McCain said. “It's hard to react sometimes. I would bet that every Republican on that stage did not agree with that kind of behavior."

Saturday night in a speech to the gay rights advocacy group the Human Rights Campaign President Obama criticized the GOP candidates for not speaking up during the debate

--

get it?

McCain is "principled?" He has stabbed his own party in the back more times than I can count. He has all the "principles" of a used car salesman.

Once again you have to remind lefties that it's their guy who signs all the bills into law. Recently it seems that Hussein signed a bill that cut benefits for retired Military.

Once again you have to remind lefties that it's their guy who signs all the bills into law. Recently it seems that Hussein signed a bill that cut benefits for retired Military.

Yep, it was also their gal, Patty Murray, who negotiated these benefit cuts.

--

get it?

McCain is "principled?" He has stabbed his own party in the back more times than I can count. He has all the "principles" of a used car salesman.

"My party right or wrong?" is that what you call principle? :lol:

loser

Reagan and Bush

nuf said

then we get the GOP and Newt trying to belittle CLinton signing bills

:laugh2:

Last edited:
Why would they defend what he was saying, when they opposed what he was saying?

Defending a soldier who is in a combat area from being booed? That's what is wrong with leftists and rightwingers, they would shout down those who exercise free speech rights.

Getting booed is part and parcel of free speech. You think being in a combat zone exempts anyone from being unpopular with the public?

respect

civility

tolerance

manners

get a life, loser

Reagan and Bush

nuf said

then we get the GOP and Newt trying to belittle CLinton signing bills

:laugh2:

Clinton and Obama Check Mate!

respect

civility

tolerance

manners

get a life, loser
I'll thank veterans all day long for their sacrifice, it doesn't mean I believe all of what they believe. It doesn't work like that my friend.

respect

civility

tolerance

manners

get a life, loser
I'll thank veterans all day long for their sacrifice, it doesn't mean I believe all of what they believe. It doesn't work like that my friend.

The far left does NOT care as long as they get their way. If it were up to the far left they would do away with the military so this faux outrage is just a political ploy. They truly could NOT care less about this.

Forum List

Back