Remember when they kept saying... " Ginsberg is strong...no sign of the disease"...."she does morning exercises!"

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I mean for the past two years one headline after another touted the immortality and invincibility of Ruthie..... Trips to the hospital were merely checkups and once there she was magically cleansed of all life threatening conditions and bolted out of the hospital in a jogging suit and Nike's. Not to worry! She will never die! Nope...Nosiree, nada, nein, nyet! STFU all of you right wing death mongers....she's going to piss on Trump's grave and you know it!

So I have to ask.....is this an indictment of the media? Just like the 2016 polling and the day before claims that Hillary was a guaranteed landslide winner? Is the Ginsberg propaganda collection just another indicator of what the press has become?

JO

Her recent trips to the hospital were never reported as mere checkups. They said she was being hospitalized for surgery. This entire "clean debate" is based on a strawman.

I mean for the past two years one headline after another touted the immortality and invincibility of Ruthie..... Trips to the hospital were merely checkups and once there she was magically cleansed of all life threatening conditions and bolted out of the hospital in a jogging suit and Nike's. Not to worry! She will never die! Nope...Nosiree, nada, nein, nyet! STFU all of you right wing death mongers....she's going to piss on Trump's grave and you know it!

So I have to ask.....is this an indictment of the media? Just like the 2016 polling and the day before claims that Hillary was a guaranteed landslide winner? Is the Ginsberg propaganda collection just another indicator of what the press has become?

JO
The left only sees what its agenda-setters tell it to see. Then they parrot it in their echo chambers for bias confirmation.

She was never cured I don't think. They'd been chasing it around her body for while, but never managed to drive it out. This last time around, when it was reported that immunotherapy wasn't working and they'd settled on another course of treatment it seemed to me that this wasn't good news for her.

That she survived as long as she did post-diagnosis is pretty much a miracle in itself as I think the average survival for PC post-diagnosis is like 15-18 months or something.

Do I think her PR people and maybe the press played down her health issues? Sure. She has been very ill with a lethal disease for a decade or thereabouts. I have no doubt she was trying to hang on until after the election and would have already been gone if Hillary would have won. There is little doubt that people tried to downplay this as if she were some super-human being operating at full capacity, when there is little doubt she wasn't, so as to deflect criticism and calls for her to step down due to her health.

Meh, her colleagues supported her and she played to the buzzer. I can't fault her for having the balls to try to stick it out. I didn't agree with her politics and think that this political activism on the bench flat doesn't belong there, and is very, very, damaging, but I have to respect her for sticking to her guns.

Yup, total fucking lies by the left. I mean all you have to do is look at her interviews, the few she would do. There is no way she knew what the hell was going on around her, much less would she be able to understand a court case. Her legal assistants were no doubt doing all her work for her. In fact we might need to launch an investigation into it, to see if her team was in fact writing their opinions and forcing a brain dead RBG to sign off on it.

JO
The left only sees what its agenda-setters tell it to see. Then they parrot it in their echo chambers for bias confirmation.
The right only sees what its agenda-setters tell it to see. Then they parrot it in their echo chambers for bias confirmation.

I, for one, am going to miss it.
cd026fa309b7589da28014657287ecf3_md.jpg

Yup, total fucking lies by the left. I mean all you have to do is look at her interviews, the few she would do. There is no way she knew what the hell was going on around her, much less would she be able to understand a court case. Her legal assistants were no doubt doing all her work for her. In fact we might need to launch an investigation into it, to see if her team was in fact writing their opinions and forcing a brain dead RBG to sign off on it.
One problem..nobody lied. The media has been reporting on her cancer for months so I don't see where all this whining about lying media is coming from

She was never cured I don't think. They'd been chasing it around her body for while, but never managed to drive it out. This last time around, when it was reported that immunotherapy wasn't working and they'd settled on another course of treatment it seemed to me that this wasn't good news for her.

That she survived as long as she did post-diagnosis is pretty much a miracle in itself as I think the average survival for PC post-diagnosis is like 15-18 months or something.

Do I think her PR people and maybe the press played down her health issues? Sure. She has been very ill with a lethal disease for a decade or thereabouts. I have no doubt she was trying to hang on until after the election and would have already been gone if Hillary would have won. There is little doubt that people tried to downplay this as if she were some super-human being operating at full capacity, when there is little doubt she wasn't, so as to deflect criticism and calls for her to step down due to her health.

Meh, her colleagues supported her and she played to the buzzer. I can't fault her for having the balls to try to stick it out. I didn't agree with her politics and think that this political activism on the bench flat doesn't belong there, and is very, very, damaging, but I have to respect her for sticking to her guns.
I can fault her and I'm a conservative. If she had made the sensible decision to retire while healthy (or relatively so at least) she could have spent the last eight years enjoying her kids and grandkids and life in general. Instead she hung on to power instead of letting a friendly president appoint a successor who believed the same things she did. When that failed, she tried to outlast Trump and dumped the nation into a violent political confrontation in an election year that is going to hurt democrats and the nation in general. Ruth Ginsberg screwed herself, her family, the democratic party and the nation in a vain attempt to retain the power and prestige of being a SCOTUS Justice for as long as possible. So yes, I can DEFINITELY fault her.

One problem..nobody lied. The media has been reporting on her cancer for months so I don't see where all this whining about lying media is coming from
Bullshit, no so-called journalist questioned her mental and physical capacity. It was always positive spins, “look at this amazing woman!”

Actually no....a recent article said she was released with no sign of the illness.

Jo

Bullshit, no so-called journalist questioned her mental and physical capacity. It was always positive spins, “look at this amazing woman!”
Exactly correct while we watched her dying right in front of out eyes they kept painting her as a decathlon athlete about to break a new world record.

I can fault her and I'm a conservative. If she had made the sensible decision to retire while healthy (or relatively so at least) she could have spent the last eight years enjoying her kids and grandkids and life in general. Instead she hung on to power instead of letting a friendly president appoint a successor who believed the same things she did. When that failed, she tried to outlast Trump and dumped the nation into a violent political confrontation in an election year that is going to hurt democrats and the nation in general. Ruth Ginsberg screwed herself, her family, the democratic party and the nation in a vain attempt to retain the power and prestige of being a SCOTUS Justice for as long as possible. So yes, I can DEFINITELY fault her.

Should she have stepped down, sure, however, once she was within the Trump years, which I'm sure she was shocked by, she was stuck. Even so, she should have stepoed down due to her health.

Still, I have to give her respect for hanging in there, despite the fact that I disagree with her politics and think she should have stepped down and that her not doing so was actually wrong in terms of her duties.

She had conviction and some amount of balls to try to hang in there and function, while very likely knowing she was literally dying. I'll tip my hat to anyone that pushes through that, like em or not.

Actually no....a recent article said she was released with no sign of the illness.

Jo

Please cite it. I am 99% sure that they tried immunotherapy and it failed and she only returned to work and issued a statement after they had decided on another treatment regimen.

Here is what i am referring to:

Exactly correct while we watched her dying right in front of out eyes they kept painting her as a decathlon athlete about to break a new world record.
Exaggerate much.

In all honesty she should had been impeached and removed years ago.

I never paid much attention to the 'Ginsburg being on her deathbed' thread headlines I've seen over recent years. The matter struck me as rather uncouth. If the point here is that these prognosticators of doom were right all along, well then just as they say, a broken watch tells the correct time twice a day.

I never paid much attention to the 'Ginsburg being on her deathbed' thread headlines I've seen over recent years. The matter struck me as rather uncouth. If the point here is that these prognosticators of doom were right all along, well then just as they say, a broken watch tells the correct time twice a day.
It's not a matter of right and wrong. It's a matter of feeding bullshit to a public who can see reality with their own eyes.....my question is..... why do it?

Jo

The right only sees what its agenda-setters tell it to see. Then they parrot it in their echo chambers for bias confirmation.
As you parrot my post. The best comedy really does write itself.
Try smarter next time, kid.

Forum List

Back