Remember when Republicans "prayed" for rain? Did it work? - water scarcity

R

rdean

World Still Not Aware Of Water Scarcity Problems Says IPCC Head SCIENCE Tech Times

IPCC World has not woken up to water crisis from climate change

Evidence from warm past confirms recent IPCC estimates of climate sensitivity Science Codex

New evidence showing the level of atmospheric CO2 millions of years ago supports recent climate change predications from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

A multinational research team, led by scientists at the University of Southampton, has analysed new records showing the CO2 content of the Earth's atmosphere between 2.3 to 3.3 million years ago, over the Pliocene.

During the Pliocene, the Earth was around 2ºC warmer than it is today and atmospheric CO2 levels were around 350-400 parts per million (ppm), similar to the levels reached in recent years.

"Our estimates of climate sensitivity lie well within the range of 1.5 to 4.5ºC increase per CO2 doubling summarised in the latest IPCC report. This suggests that the research community has a sound understanding of what the climate will be like as we move toward a Pliocene-like warmer future caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."

------------------------------------------

Republicans mock science but "PRAY?" for rain.

Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Hmmmm, who to trust. Scientists?

CIENTIFICOS.jpg

Or prayers:

evangelical-church-hillsong-licensed1.jpg

Who do you trust?

We've had high humidity/snowfall in the San Luis Valley this winter. I looked across to the Great Sand Dunes National Park today, 30 miles distant, and the huge 800' dunes were covered with large patches of desert sage and grass. I've never seen that much vegetation on the dunes before, not in 20 years . I've never seen anything grow on the dunes except more sand. I think the Southwest's aquifers will show a net gain in water level this spring because things are growing in places they shouldn't be growing, and in the desert that takes water. Droughts don't last forever. The real test will be lake levels in the Southwest this spring. They're at record low levels right now, especially Lake Mead, but I think we'll see improvement there.

dunes2.jpg

Are those the same scientists that study real cause and effect? Like the relationship between agricultural practices and water scarcity?

Of course not.
But you know, huh.

We've had high humidity/snowfall in the San Luis Valley this winter. I looked across to the Great Sand Dunes National Park today, 30 miles distant, and the huge 800' dunes were covered with large patches of desert sage and grass. I've never seen that much vegetation on the dunes before, not in 20 years . I've never seen anything grow on the dunes except more sand. I think the Southwest's aquifers will show a net gain in water level this spring because things are growing in places they shouldn't be growing, and in the desert that takes water. Droughts don't last forever. The real test will be lake levels in the Southwest this spring. They're at record low levels right now, especially Lake Mead, but I think we'll see improvement there.

View attachment 36500

Southwest a little better. The rest? Not so good.Look at all that dark brown.
season_drought.png

World Still Not Aware Of Water Scarcity Problems Says IPCC Head SCIENCE Tech Times

IPCC World has not woken up to water crisis from climate change

Evidence from warm past confirms recent IPCC estimates of climate sensitivity Science Codex

New evidence showing the level of atmospheric CO2 millions of years ago supports recent climate change predications from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

A multinational research team, led by scientists at the University of Southampton, has analysed new records showing the CO2 content of the Earth's atmosphere between 2.3 to 3.3 million years ago, over the Pliocene.

During the Pliocene, the Earth was around 2ºC warmer than it is today and atmospheric CO2 levels were around 350-400 parts per million (ppm), similar to the levels reached in recent years.

"Our estimates of climate sensitivity lie well within the range of 1.5 to 4.5ºC increase per CO2 doubling summarised in the latest IPCC report. This suggests that the research community has a sound understanding of what the climate will be like as we move toward a Pliocene-like warmer future caused by human greenhouse gas emissions."

------------------------------------------

Republicans mock science but "PRAY?" for rain.

Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Hmmmm, who to trust. Scientists?

CIENTIFICOS.jpg

Or prayers:

evangelical-church-hillsong-licensed1.jpg

Who do you trust?
If it rains its a miracle if it don't its gods will.

You can't convince anyone of anything if they don't want to be convinced.

Floods, global warming

Droughts, global warming
Exactly, and we are seeing that today. Scientists said there would be wildly changing weather. Now we have floods in the north west and it's not helping the droughts in the south west at all. Try to figure out why Einstein.

Forum List

Back