Remember when Obama wanted to mint a $1 TRILLION coin to pay off the debt?

No, but we'll remember how your thread flamed out bigly, Beavis.

Maybe start a thread advising Trump not to go anywhere without his toothbrush? :abgg2q.jpg:
Dang Simp, you almost made thru one post without pissing your Depends about Trump.

Maybe someday….I’m rootin’ for ya, Skippy.

This is Democrat economics on display, Folks.

"There was this theory that I had the authority to issue through the mint this massive $1 trillion coin and on that basis we could try to pay off US Treasurys," Obama said. "It was a very realistic possibility that we couldn't get the votes for that and we couldn't get those debts rolled over and we would be in a situation where were technically in default. At that point you were in uncharted territory."
You exaggerate. It was one of the ideas floated. Click bait.

This is Democrat economics on display, Folks.

"There was this theory that I had the authority to issue through the mint this massive $1 trillion coin and on that basis we could try to pay off US Treasurys," Obama said. "It was a very realistic possibility that we couldn't get the votes for that and we couldn't get those debts rolled over and we would be in a situation where were technically in default. At that point you were in uncharted territory."
Imagine what that would do to inflation if we could just print up a trillion dollars overnight.

Forum List

Back