Remember Eric Garner?

What a senseless killing.... and simply because they did not collect their taxes on the cigarettes or something like that....?

sigh....

May Eric be resting in peace! :(

A senseless murder in which the murderers got away scot free.

Where is the outrage?
It's like all of Trump's lies, we've become numb to it.... and that is a very sad and pathetic state of mind....

the Bible says, we become WAXED over COLD.... well if we are not waxed cold to these type of murders, I don't know what else you can call it?

This is such an injustice... why did they not bring charges against the cop that killed him, at least a manslaughter charge, and let the jury decide???

I did not read the link, I heard it on the news...

did the link say who made the decision not to charge anyone?
Come on, blaming Trump for this is absurd. The murder occurred five years ago. Where was Obama’s justice department?

At any rate, it’s a travesty of justice.
I didn't blame Trump for it, not in the least...!!! This is not his fault nor could it be....!

I simply compared our numbness to these kind of unjust deaths, to our numbness to Trump's constant lying.... it means nothing anymore.... we as a society, have grown cold to it.... telling lies is the norm now...expected even...

some cops killing citizens unjustly... is the norm now... expected... and no longer a shock.... we are comfortably numb to it, on the whole..... I am not, you are not, and a handful of others are not, but in general, the collective "we" are... imo.

READ:
HEY!!! Why are you calling me out during my TDS symptomatic outbursts turning any conversation against Trump!!!!

Unarmed man selling loose cigarettes without paying state taxes? One has to wonder why he was even bothering? Wanna buy a cigarette, Sir? What was that for, people who couldn't afford a whole pack? Still, the obvious first question is WOULD THIS EVER HAVE HAPPENED if the guy had been White? I kinda think not. And why didn't the cops just tell the guy to knock it off, it was technically against the law and leave it at that and walk away? It's not like this guy was public enemy #1. Here's why I think it happened and ultimately why they couldn't charge the officer (and I must agree with the decision):
  1. When confronted about it, rather than cooperating and being apologetic and recalcitrant, Garner stood there belligerent with the officers giving them a hard time arguing about it. This forced the officers into escalating the matter because after all, THEY REPRESENT THE LAW and authority on the street. Rule #1: Don't dis the police.
  2. The more the police tried to exercise their authority and control of the situation, the more Garner protested and resisted, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what any sensible person should do and forced the situation further.
  3. It finally came to where the police had no choice but to arrest him for disorderly conduct and again, Garner did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he SHOULD have done and fought the police and resisted arrest.
  4. Being that he was a huge guy, it took, what, five guys to subdue him? And he put up such a fight it took all of them to get him to the ground, WITH one of the officers trying to subdue him at his weakest point: high up around the head and neck where he had the greatest leverage to pull him down.
  5. Even after on the ground, Garner continued to resist and fight forcing officers to keep their hold on him and weight on him until he was passive and under control in handcuffs. By that point apparently the damage was done.
Garner, not the police was responsible even if it was a stupid issue over a senseless thing and probably racially driven. Bottom line: Garner did the exact wrong thing every step of the way and literally fought to his death over a misdemeanor forcing the police to literally choke the life over him just to get him to submit to authority. Sad on all accounts.

Black people seem to have a predisposition for antagonism and belligerence against authority, bring on and escalate many situations further than necessary rather than just saying: "Yes Sir. I understand, Sir," don't seem to get taught much respect for the law at home (certainly not from his mother), then when these unfortunate things happen, use it as justification for FURTHER belligerence, feeding the vicious circle.

NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IMO had this guy simply cooperated with and respected the authority of the police. You cooperate with a LEO even if you think they are in the wrong then settle the issue later in court, if necessary. Chances are that if you are reasonable, respectful and cooperative, you'll get along just fine with the police.
I agree with much of that. However police used deadly force ultimately murdering a man who was doing no harm. For this, they deserve to at least be charged and prosecuted. Then a jury will decide their fate.

I hear ya, but to be fair, "deadly force" is like a GUN, I don't think for one minute they INTENDED to kill the man or even hurt him, just to get the fat bastard to shut the hell up, stop resisting and COOPERATE. So, sorry, no murder. Maybe possible involuntary manslaughter. But again, this is the police, not a civil case, and you have a LAWFUL RESPONSIBILITY to obey the police. This guy did not. Garner was an idiot who put up all this stink over getting busted selling a damn stupid cigarette. Let's face it, anyone standing around selling cigarettes illegally ONE AT A TIME ain't no Einstein. The entire thing was stupid all the way around. IMO, the police should have just written him up a ticket, handed him a piece of paper and WALKED AWAY. I can only guess that Garner's continued verbal protests and words just kept escalating the matter further and further until it came down to a battle of egos to assert their authority one way or the other. In the end, the police HAVE to win. They represent the Law. That's why you don't dick them off.
When you scream I can’t breathe, don’t you think it’s time to stop? They murdered him and got away with it. Seems cops have the right to murder.

There are lots of idiots in this country. I don’t think we should kill them.

Maybe. I wasn't there. I didn't have a 350 pound guy fighting me that it took 5 guys to get to the ground. My first thought might be the guy was trying to just get me to release my hold so he could get a second chance. Still, I agree. The whole thing was stupid and over nothing. All Garner had to do was COOPERATE. I guess it just isn't in the lexicon of a lot of black's minds.
All they had to do was let him go. Give him a warning and leave it alone. Arresting a poor man for NOTHING, is stupid.

they did that several times and he kept coming back and doing it again,,,

I thought you dems were for taxs and hated tax cheats???

If a city prosecutes police officers for accidental deaths that occur during the watch, it makes it a lot riskier for the cop to actually respond to these kinds of violent situations and a lot easier just to ignore them, or finish their coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

Sure, goldbricking isn't ideal, but the worst that can happen to an officer for slow walking calls is to be fired. They can't go to the electric chair or prison for it.

That's what is happening in Baltimore and why their crime rate is through the roof.

No charges brought for this senseless murder. After five long years, our corrupt government makes a decision not to bring charges. I guess they figure we will forget.

The police state rolls on and no one contests it.

'Today we can't breathe.' DOJ will not bring civil rights charge against NYPD officer in death of Eric Garner

The case has nothing to do with Civil Rights. He was a black guy who couldn't take the beatdown he got for illegally selling cigarettes on the street..
He wasn't selling cigarettes on the street. He got tangled up in breaking up a fight prior to his altercation with that race soldier who murdered him.

Learn the facts of the case before you run around slamming your gums.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Unarmed man selling loose cigarettes without paying state taxes? One has to wonder why he was even bothering? Wanna buy a cigarette, Sir? What was that for, people who couldn't afford a whole pack? Still, the obvious first question is WOULD THIS EVER HAVE HAPPENED if the guy had been White? I kinda think not. And why didn't the cops just tell the guy to knock it off, it was technically against the law and leave it at that and walk away? It's not like this guy was public enemy #1. Here's why I think it happened and ultimately why they couldn't charge the officer (and I must agree with the decision):
  1. When confronted about it, rather than cooperating and being apologetic and recalcitrant, Garner stood there belligerent with the officers giving them a hard time arguing about it. This forced the officers into escalating the matter because after all, THEY REPRESENT THE LAW and authority on the street. Rule #1: Don't dis the police.
  2. The more the police tried to exercise their authority and control of the situation, the more Garner protested and resisted, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what any sensible person should do and forced the situation further.
  3. It finally came to where the police had no choice but to arrest him for disorderly conduct and again, Garner did the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he SHOULD have done and fought the police and resisted arrest.
  4. Being that he was a huge guy, it took, what, five guys to subdue him? And he put up such a fight it took all of them to get him to the ground, WITH one of the officers trying to subdue him at his weakest point: high up around the head and neck where he had the greatest leverage to pull him down.
  5. Even after on the ground, Garner continued to resist and fight forcing officers to keep their hold on him and weight on him until he was passive and under control in handcuffs. By that point apparently the damage was done.
Garner, not the police was responsible even if it was a stupid issue over a senseless thing and probably racially driven. Bottom line: Garner did the exact wrong thing every step of the way and literally fought to his death over a misdemeanor forcing the police to literally choke the life over him just to get him to submit to authority. Sad on all accounts.

Black people seem to have a predisposition for antagonism and belligerence against authority, bring on and escalate many situations further than necessary rather than just saying: "Yes Sir. I understand, Sir," don't seem to get taught much respect for the law at home (certainly not from his mother), then when these unfortunate things happen, use it as justification for FURTHER belligerence, feeding the vicious circle.

NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IMO had this guy simply cooperated with and respected the authority of the police. You cooperate with a LEO even if you think they are in the wrong then settle the issue later in court, if necessary. Chances are that if you are reasonable, respectful and cooperative, you'll get along just fine with the police.
I agree with much of that. However police used deadly force ultimately murdering a man who was doing no harm. For this, they deserve to at least be charged and prosecuted. Then a jury will decide their fate.

I hear ya, but to be fair, "deadly force" is like a GUN, I don't think for one minute they INTENDED to kill the man or even hurt him, just to get the fat bastard to shut the hell up, stop resisting and COOPERATE. So, sorry, no murder. Maybe possible involuntary manslaughter. But again, this is the police, not a civil case, and you have a LAWFUL RESPONSIBILITY to obey the police. This guy did not. Garner was an idiot who put up all this stink over getting busted selling a damn stupid cigarette. Let's face it, anyone standing around selling cigarettes illegally ONE AT A TIME ain't no Einstein. The entire thing was stupid all the way around. IMO, the police should have just written him up a ticket, handed him a piece of paper and WALKED AWAY. I can only guess that Garner's continued verbal protests and words just kept escalating the matter further and further until it came down to a battle of egos to assert their authority one way or the other. In the end, the police HAVE to win. They represent the Law. That's why you don't dick them off.
When you scream I can’t breathe, don’t you think it’s time to stop? They murdered him and got away with it. Seems cops have the right to murder.

Maybe. I wasn't there. I didn't have a 350 pound guy fighting me that it took 5 guys to get to the ground. My first thought might be the guy was trying to just get me to release my hold so he could get a second chance. Still, I agree. The whole thing was stupid and over nothing. All Garner had to do was COOPERATE. I guess it just isn't in the lexicon of a lot of black's minds.
All they had to do was let him go. Give him a warning and leave it alone. Arresting a poor man for NOTHING, is stupid.

The orders they were given was zero tolerance on untaxed cigarettes.

No charges brought for this senseless murder. After five long years, our corrupt government makes a decision not to bring charges. I guess they figure we will forget.

'Today we can't breathe.' DOJ will not bring civil rights charge against NYPD officer in death of Eric Garner

The case has nothing to do with Civil Rights. He was a black guy who couldn't take the beatdown he got for illegally selling cigarettes on the street..
He wasn't selling cigarettes on the street. He got tangled up in breaking up a fight prior to his altercation with that race soldier who murdered him.

got a link???

in this case there was no reason to bring charges,,,he refused a lawful order and fought back and died because of it,,,

its not like they beat the shit out of him with clubs like rodney king,,,
He fought back? Really? How many cops were even slightly injured?

Why must you lie?

What lie? Show me where in the video he can be seen cooperating? Minute and second please.

And you think that order justifies murder.

Heil Hitler!!!!!!!!!!

In any case the police officer wouldn't have got into any hot water if he had been shooting the shit with the cute cashier at the 7-11 instead of confronting an big ornery black guy on the street.

Heil Hitler!!!!!!!!!!

it wasnt murder

and why are you defending a capitalist???
I thought youre a democrat

Heil Hitler!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm saying to assign blame to Varren Vilhelm,the fuhrer of New York who is the one giving the orders.

Do you realize you can't talk without breathing?
So how did he die?

Autopsy stated heart disease if I remember right.
It was a bad situation. But I do not see how those officers could be charged for doing something they do all the time. Mr. Garner was a huge man, dwarfing the police officers. It was clear he was not going to cooperate, and indeed resisted and fought the police trying to take him down. In his overly excited state... it appears Garner had a massive heart attack and died. He did not die of suffocation, because when you can't breathe - you can't talk. And heart attack symptoms include difficulty to breathe.
The man was caught. He resisted being arrested, fought back against arresting officers and had an apparent heart attack and died.
How on earth is that murder?

You are repeating yourself. Don't make me do the same. I agree. I think that is what WOULD have happened if he didn't start mouthing off to the cops and protesting. It's a cop's call to decide to arrest you or not. It is your responsibility to cooperate. Either way, the police are going to get their way, up to you to make it EASY or HARD. This guy made it SO HARD it killed him. Should the police have let up when he said he couldn't breath? Maybe, but YOU WEREN'T THERE, what if he was just trying to get loose a little bit to go for a concealed weapon? In every case, a cop must think of his own safety first.

It amazes me that any American finds the actions of the cops and prosecutor acceptable.

In my world, all involved would be fired. The cops who killed him prosecuted and imprisoned.

Do Americans WANT to live in a police state?
America has BEEN a police state...for decades.

It amazes me that any American finds the actions of the cops and prosecutor acceptable.

In my world, all involved would be fired. The cops who killed him prosecuted and imprisoned.

Do Americans WANT to live in a police state?
America has BEEN a police state...for decades.

more so in democrat ran districts,,,

just imagine how bad it would get if socialism really took hold

in this case there was no reason to bring charges,,,he refused a lawful order and fought back and died because of it,,,

He fought back? Really? How many cops were even slightly injured?

Why must you lie?

What lie? Show me where in the video he can be seen cooperating? Minute and second please.
You said he was fighting, liar.

NYPD officers approached Garner on suspicion of selling single cigarettes from packs without tax stamps. After Garner told the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he was not selling cigarettes, the officers went to arrest Garner. When officer Daniel Pantaleo tried to take Garner's wrist behind his back, Garner pulled his arms away.

Death of Eric Garner - Wikipedia

K

That is dumb and disgusting. You would do well in Nazi Germany.

If many Americans think as you do, where has my country gone?

and yet you fail to tell me HOW that is dumb and disgusting,,,

You think killing someone for a minor crime and failing to listen to crazed cops, is justified. I don’t.

I think it was senseless,,,a grown ass man should respect the cops,,,

Nah, respect is earned, bootlicker.

K

That is dumb and disgusting. You would do well in Nazi Germany.

If many Americans think as you do, where has my country gone?

and yet you fail to tell me HOW that is dumb and disgusting,,,

You think killing someone for a minor crime and failing to listen to crazed cops, is justified. I don’t.

I think it was senseless,,,a grown ass man should respect the cops,,,

Nah, respect is earned, bootlicker.

in this case it was,,,

Forum List

Back