Religious people seem to have more bias in these debates.

I think you know that I'm addressing the issue of the god's requirement that its son suffer horrible torture in exchange for letting the human race off the hook for being created defective. Do you agree that that is the predominant rumor circulating through organized religion's houses of worship?
No.
Then you're unaware of the fact that the central theme of the biblical version of things is that Jesus died on the cross for our sins to appease his father?

The whole notion of blood sacrifice for sins is pretty gross and pagan.
Sin is far more gross.
Humans used to believe that if you take an innocent animal without blemish, kill it, drain its lifeblood, and then offer up the corpse to the god, their sins would be forgiven. As gross and as primitive as that was, some still believe that a loving god did the same thing to its son.

Anyway, how do you know that this being exists? The Bible starts out with a chronological order of creation that reflects the uniformed opinion of someone who believed that the earth was the center of creation. And yet a lot of people prefer to believe that though the text starts out flawed, the rest of it is the honest to god's truth.

I don't think one can take Genesis literally. .. although it makes sense that workers should rest one day a week.

I find blood sacrifice quite pagan and gross. Remember Azazel? The village would lay their sins on two goats.. kill one and drive the other into the desert.

I don't think you can take much of it literally. We are not born guilty, and the only thing we need to be saved from is the idea that we need to be saved.

I don't think you can take much of it literally. We are not born guilty, and the only thing we need to be saved from is the idea that we need to be saved.

Original sin didn't become doctrine until the 3rd century AD.. Jews and Muslims don't believe in original sin .

Original sin didn't become doctrine until the 3rd century AD.. Jews and Muslims don't believe in original sin .
Yeah, but they still think they owe their god something.

I don't know what you mean.

I don't know what you mean.
They have a written set of religious laws. They believe that they owe something to the will of whatever deity inhabits their minds.

Forum List

Back