Religion Cannot StandThe Scrutiny Of A Good Education

The reason religion is failing as we speak is that the younger people are studying in college and they know that nobody is going to rise up out of the grave, join a ghost floating on a cloud, fly off to paradise and live forever. Only the ignorant, brainwashed or mentally deficient could possibly believe that.

Yet less than 5% of respondents in your magical poll said they didn't believe in God.

Depends on how you define God.

I don't define Him anymore than I define universe, He just is.

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

Statistics on Religion in America Report -- Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.

Young adults shun rebel against religion? The Hell you say! :clap2:

:eusa_eh:

Modern education systems should require a study of world religions, geology and anthropology. Education is something that ancient myths cannot handle. It's the reason modern society is beginning to withdraw from that line of thinking:

This survey finds that the number of people who say they are unaffiliated with any particular faith today (16.1%) is more than double the number who say they were not affiliated with any particular religion as children. Among Americans ages 18-29, one-in-four say they are not currently affiliated with any particular religion.

Nonsense. Much of modern "education" is the stuff of mythology.

Prukrock's Lair: Another Atheist's Unexamined Thought Processes: A Close Encounter of the Raw Kind

Prukrock's Lair: Abiogenesis: The Unholy Grail of Atheism

Prufrock's Cave: A Mountain of Nothin' out of Somethin' or Another

Prufrock's Cave: Is Atheist-Think "Hardwired" for Irrationality and Statism?

Prukrock's Lair: Objectivism: The Uninspired Religion of "Reason"

Nonsense. Much of modern "education" is the stuff of mythology.

Prukrock's Lair: Another Atheist's Unexamined Thought Processes: A Close Encounter of the Raw Kind

Prukrock's Lair: Abiogenesis: The Unholy Grail of Atheism

Prufrock's Cave: A Mountain of Nothin' out of Somethin' or Another

Prufrock's Cave: Is Atheist-Think "Hardwired" for Irrationality and Statism?

Prukrock's Lair: Objectivism: The Uninspired Religion of "Reason"

I'll see how quickly you tune away from this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsbtUKJs_wY]{WMSCOG} The Second Coming Christ and the Judge - YouTube[/ame]

You wouldn't know education if it bit you on the butt.

BTW The more I learn the more faithful I become. History, sciences, Languages, all denote that there is a God.

His hand is in everything. After all the Glory of God is intelligence and we are commanded to learn of all things.

Could you elaborate?

I suppose I could. Which part would you like me to elaborate on?

BTW The more I learn the more faithful I become. History, sciences, Languages, all denote that there is a God.

His hand is in everything. After all the Glory of God is intelligence and we are commanded to learn of all things.

You are so full of shit. have you sold your possessions and given the proceeds to the poor yet?

I am not commanded to. And if I was, I wouldnt have a problem with it. Not really sure why God would command me to sell my goods to give to myself, but I could do it quite easily.

All science is theory..........

Evolution is a FACT

God is a theory

Evolution is no more fact than Climate Change is man-made.

It's a possibility but not a certainty. Some of the most notable scientists believe man may have been deposited her by Space Aliens. God could have been one for all we know.

Why all the hate? Why do you care what someone else believes? It's no skin off your ass, what's the deal?

They care because they are trying to ease their own consciences. See, they know they are wrong. So in order to tell themselves they are right despite knowing otherwise, they have to care what others believe. Especially when those who believe are much happier than they are.

You are so full of shit. have you sold your possessions and given the proceeds to the poor yet?

I am not commanded to. And if I was, I wouldnt have a problem with it. Not really sure why God would command me to sell my goods to give to myself, but I could do it quite easily.

You're one of those Christians who either can't or chooses not to read:

Matthew 19
21 "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."

Matthew 5
48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Matthew 6
34 "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

Matthew 5
40" If anyone sues you to take away your coat, let him have your cloak also"

Matthew 5
44 "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

Matthew 7
12 "Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."

Last edited:

Matthew 19
21 "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."

Matthew 5
48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

And I am not the rich man he was talking to at the time. Or do you think Christians are likewise supposed to start building Arks because God once commanded Noah to build one?

He also commanded Peter and the other Apostles to throw out their nets to catch fish. You think every Christian is commanded to do that?

What's funny about it is you actually think you are educated.

All science is theory..........

Evolution is a FACT

God is a theory

Evolution is no more fact than Climate Change is man-made.

It's a possibility but not a certainty. Some of the most notable scientists believe man may have been deposited her by Space Aliens. God could have been one for all we know.

If god created the Earth, then god is a space alien.

Think about it--where is God from? Apparently not Earth since god created the Earth, right?

Matthew 19

Matthew 5

And I am not the rich man he was talking to at the time. Or do you think Christians are likewise supposed to start building Arks because God once commanded Noah to build one?

He also commanded Peter and the other Apostles to throw out their nets to catch fish. You think every Christian is commanded to do that?

What's funny about it is you actually think you are educated.

I had most of the new testament memorized and could quote it chapter and verse 55 years ago when I was in my early 20's. I find that most folks settle in on something they believe which in most cases has absolutely nothing to do with what's in the bible. So thrill me some more. I've heard it all.

By the way--what is one mans education is another mans Brainwash!!

So what happens to religion with a good education in religion? If it cannot stand the scrutiny of the religiously educated, then why does it still exists!?!?

Touche! Cammmpbell! Touche!

Forum List

Back