Religion, and free sex

People are still going to have faith
Yes, they will. For example, the Apostles didn't abandon the faith because of Judas; people did not stop following Christ because of Judas. It is matter of separating the wheat from the chaff...and wheat does not come without chaff.

You have been given the facts and the statistics that shows it is more rare for abuse to occur in the Catholic Church than in any other group. To keep focusing on this one group and painting with such a broad brush may indicate another underlying anger with the Catholic faith. Is there?

Keep in mind that one person's bad experience does not mean that everyone else should have an equally bad experience. For example, if I went off on marriage like you have been doing on your topic, what would you say if I angrily maintained everyone else should leave their marriage and were horrible people if they did not?

Following Christ leads to roadblocks. Ask the Apostles who faced Judas, prison, and martyrdom. Instead of focusing on these roadblocks, they remained focused on Christ. Perhaps something to think about because very good things also occur in the Catholic Church, the Catholic faith.
You're still in denial. The fact is that it shouldn't happen in the Catholic Church. Because God overseas it. But you just want to talk about statistics, and how it's like ok to do it because everyone else does at a similar rate.

No honey, that's not how it works. That's just plain wrong.

You think you have faith, but what you have is a blind devotion. It's really not faith, but a notion that you will defend without question. Because you were born that way. You never had a choice. So it's not faith, it's blind devotion. Your reason is just because you were born that way.

If you were born Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist, we'd be having a totally different conversation right now.

You never chose. You were born that way.

I know you're going to tell me that you weren't born that way, and you chose to be that way....

I'm sorry, every religious nut says the same thing to defend themselves. So I don't believe it. Not my first rodeo...

You're still in denial. The fact is that it shouldn't happen in the Catholic Church. Because God overseas it. But you just want to talk about statistics, and how it's like ok to do it because everyone else does at a similar rate.
Let's take a look at denial. God oversees people of all faiths; God is in our midst. So is crime, so is disease, so is immorality. From within, we are beings who have choices, we are not God's puppets or marionettes--we are much greater than that. Blaming God when we should be looking inward at self is the most misguided direction we can select.

The truth: It is not okay, and everyone from parishioners on up went to work to not only clean up, but to design areas to prevent it from happening in their parish. This is because our focus is on Christ, on doing the will of God. And it is His will that things be done on earth (particularly in His House) as it is done in heaven. And that's up to us, His people. We led the way, and some organizations now follow the steps the Church has been taking to prevent and protect against this.

You are pinning blame on God, denying human responsibility. This is our mess to clean up--and the Catholic Church is doing just that--and has been for decades now. The same cannot be said of other groups and organizations.

You think you have faith, but what you have is a blind devotion. It's really not faith, but a notion that you will defend without question. Because you were born that way. You never had a choice. So it's not faith, it's blind devotion. Your reason is just because you were born that way.
Not the way it works. Let's take it down to the physical world. I have faith that if I sow seeds, a garden will grow. Once it does, I am devoted to caring for that garden. It works the same way in the spiritual realm: Have faith in following Jesus and/or the Laws of God, and a sturdy, even joyful, life is the outcome. One then becomes devoted to He who has provided.

If you were born Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist, we'd be having a totally different conversation right now.

You never chose. You were born that way.
Except in my case the family was/is a conglomerate of atheists, several sects of Christians, Buddhists with Hindus as close friends. So I did have a choice. So do others at some point in their lives. When one is happy and content with what one has, what need is there to search for greener grass? I believe God reaches out to all of us, no matter where we are, and invites us to draw closer. I've seen that in all religions, faiths...the Holy Spirit at work.

I'm sorry, every religious nut says the same thing to defend themselves. So I don't believe it. Not my first rodeo...
No, it is a single perspective taken along wherever one goes. My own perspective, based on my own reality, is that people are in the midst of possible choices, try more than one, and opt for the one that is the best fit for expanding his/her individual intellect and spirit/soul.

Which one of us has stayed within the confines of a rodeo, and which traveled to other places?

Let's take a look at denial. God oversees people of all faiths; God is in our midst. So is crime, so is disease, so is immorality. From within, we are beings who have choices, we are not God's puppets or marionettes--we are much greater than that. Blaming God when we should be looking inward at self is the most misguided direction we can select.

The truth: It is not okay, and everyone from parishioners on up went to work to not only clean up, but to design areas to prevent it from happening in their parish. This is because our focus is on Christ, on doing the will of God. And it is His will that things be done on earth (particularly in His House) as it is done in heaven. And that's up to us, His people. We led the way, and some organizations now follow the steps the Church has been taking to prevent and protect against this.

You are pinning blame on God, denying human responsibility. This is our mess to clean up--and the Catholic Church is doing just that--and has been for decades now. The same cannot be said of other groups and organizations.
I'm sorry, but I don't blame anything on God, because He doesn't exist. I blame you peeps that have messed up this world for thousands of years in the name of whatever God was the current one in your area. Rulers create their Gods in order to ensure power and wealth. People blindly follow the Ruler, and kill, rape, and pillage upon command from the Ruler, because the Ruler says God commanded it.

We can't blame the Ruler, because the Ruler is obviously doing the most logical thing for his own benefit and that of his clergy.

We have to blame the followers, who especially in this day and age of enlightenment, still allow them to do whatever they want. Even if means going against obvious moral and ethical issues.

Not the way it works. Let's take it down to the physical world. I have faith that if I sow seeds, a garden will grow. Once it does, I am devoted to caring for that garden. It works the same way in the spiritual realm: Have faith in following Jesus and/or the Laws of God, and a sturdy, even joyful, life is the outcome. One then becomes devoted to He who has provided.
Why? If you were born somewhere else, you wouldn't believe the same thing. Faith is something that is true and cannot be argued, no matter where you are in the world. The Sun is faith. It will come up every day, for the next several billion years. That is faith.

You call believing in Santa Claus, faith. I'm sorry, but that's not faith. That's wishful hoping.

And the people who gave you that idea, are out to make money and power from you. And they have succeeded beyond belief! And this world is in serious danger if these people continue to herd you like sheep.

You may end up being a good person if you follow a certain religion, but it's not the religion that made you a good person. It's common sense, created by evolution, in order to protect the species. There is no such thing as an evil species, except humans. Otherwise, they never would have lasted this long.

But in our short time, we're going to annihilate ourselves, and maybe the world, based on different religious principles. And forms of government actually are religions in themselves.

Religion, is actually the evil, that rulers use to make you hate and kill others, and pillage the land for the ruler's benefit. In the ancient past, it was just about monarchs making up different "Gods" and using the followers to die for their benefit. But nowadays, it involves governments and "Gods". It's really messed up...

And though you may lead a seemingly benevolent life, and I'm sure you do, you are still contributing to a religion that has done and continues to do horrible things on a daily basis. And doesn't do anything about it. And eventually, the religious fanatics will lead us all to war again. Even if you're neutral, like me.

I don't blame anything on God, because He doesn't exist. I blame you peeps that have messed up this world for thousands of years in the name of whatever God was the current one in your area. Rulers create their Gods in order to ensure power and wealth. People blindly follow the Ruler, and kill, rape, and pillage upon command from the Ruler, because the Ruler says God commanded it.
Ever notice that it is always "someone else" and never a group one relates to that "messes up the world." That is a superficial conclusion based on no in depth study of the historical event. That being said, cause of war generally does boil down to wealth and power.

Show me someone who claims God is man-made, and I'll show you a person who has never experienced God.

Ever notice that it is always "someone else" and never a group one relates to that "messes up the world." That is a superficial conclusion based on no in depth study of the historical event. That being said, cause of war generally does boil down to wealth and power.

Show me someone who claims God is man-made, and I'll show you a person who has never experienced God.
Who do you think came up with "god"? Humans. So yes, god is a human construct. With ZERO proof.

You call believing in Santa Claus, faith. I'm sorry, but that's not faith. That's wishful hoping.

And the people who gave you that idea, are out to make money and power from you. And they have succeeded beyond belief! And this world is in serious danger if these people continue to herd you like sheep.
Ah, but it wasn't people that gave me the idea, but books and articles. Faith has nothing to do with Santa Claus.

For me, it began as a toddler, with little Golden books. God interacted with some people in the Old Testament: Abraham, Noah, Moses, etc. I told my parents that's something I wanted. They laughed (thought it was cute) and told me that God didn't interact with people like that any more.

I said nothing to my parents, but from the day I was born I had a reputation for being stubborn and determined. If God acted that way once, then He could act that way again. I worked on seeking and finding God for years. I was single-hearted about this. Turns out that beatitude is spot on. "Blessed are the single-hearted for they shall see God."

Herded like sheep? Not enough clergy to herd people through the day--it is the Lord who is our shepherd, who can be with us the 167 remaining hours of the week when we are not gathered together, but are going about our own lives.

Sorry the wolves got to you. (You seem quite bitter.)

You may end up being a good person if you follow a certain religion, but it's not the religion that made you a good person. It's common sense, created by evolution, in order to protect the species. There is no such thing as an evil species, except humans. Otherwise, they never would have lasted this long.
What has being a good person got to do with the price of tea in China? Following God's Law or Way placed me on a beautiful path through this life. For all you know, I am the most evil person who ever lived. A toddler just happened to stumble on the Way that has been the best guide through both the good and bad this life brings to all.

Religion, is actually the evil, that rulers use to make you hate and kill others, and pillage the land for the ruler's benefit. In the ancient past, it was just about monarchs making up different "Gods" and using the followers to die for their benefit. But nowadays, it involves governments and "Gods". It's really messed up...
Again another shallow, superficial summary of history--and one that even starts with totally ignoring the goodness religion has brought into individual lives and communities.

I may be jumping to a wrong conclusion, but this seems very personal to you. What did religion do to you personally that convinced you that everyone else must have had the same experience as you?

Forum List

Back