Rejecting the Bad Parts

Biblical slavery as part of the criminal justice system

XAqxgUl.gif

Birds obviously gather food, often storing it in their own sorts of "barns" for "rainy days." And good thing, else they and their offspring would no doubt (and do) starve just as humans do without food. So we are not actually any "better" or "more valuable than" them on this score nor any other. Unlike humans, Mother Nature doesn't actually play favorites.

Why the delay-materialism doctrine then? Know thy place. First bust your ass, then immediately give (a significant portion of) your hard won earnings to the church, the government, any owed rents, the establishment,.. in short, always pay your betters before taking care of your own. Point being, you are like dirt in the grand scheme of things. Don't get uppity or you'll not only suffer through this life, but your supposed "spirit" for eternity as well.

But that's still largely smoke and mirrors. The real trick is simply getting you accept that the religious establishment is one of your betters. The others are simply borrowed for comparison because the illusion works. Did the Romans suck? Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Well people keep bowing to them.. all that matters! If you support the religious establishment, then they never need worry about breaking a sweat or getting their hands dirty. Congrats on being played like a fiddle.
Some people actually believe the benefits of faith exceed the benefits of materialism on the journey to death.

Who is it that is trying to force you to believe anyway?
Some people actually believe the benefits of faith exceed the benefits of materialism on the journey to death.
who's dying ...

there are no benefits to faith other than self induced, those benefits occur for the underlying reality the faith tries to embrace - faith is as good as air for support for who has fallen out a window. ask any survivor who has tried it.

at least in regards for certain peoples obsession over materialism ... having anything to do with faith.
You were born to die a physical death. Anyone who loves God shares in His existence. How can that not offer amazing benefits?
You were born to die a physical death. Anyone who loves God shares in His (their) existence. How can that not offer amazing benefits?
those are one and the same - you and physical death ... no, not everyone - who triumphs correctly. christian. is admitted to the Everlasting. hardly from the forgeries and fallacies of a 4th century book.

who loves, love - would be more appropriate ...
We were made to worship the Creator not the created. Worshiping the Creator has practical benefits on the journey to a physical death that worshiping the created does not have. He invites to the wedding feast who He wants to invite. You and I have no say so over that and should not concern ourselves with that.
We were made to worship the Creator not the created. Worshiping the Creator has practical benefits on the journey to a physical death that worshiping the created does not have. He invites to the wedding feast who He wants to invite. You and I have no say so over that and should not concern ourselves with that.
that's a funny word - worship - I feel the sun not sure what worshiping it will do - you have a convoluted idea about materialism - howabout a set of wings to be able to fly. called metaphysical evolution.

if there are any christians in the Everlasting maybe ill see you there - for your sake, rewrite your book.
Probably because you don't know what worship means. Worship comes from the word worthy. We worship God to show God we are worthy of the gift He gave us. We do this by using our talents because that's what you do when someone gives you a gift. You use the gift they gave you to show that you were worthy of receiving the gift.

So I worship God by treating every act as a sacred act. You should try it. It is an amazing feeling and gives meaning to everything I do.
Probably because you don't know what worship means. Worship comes from the word worthy. We worship God to show God we are worthy of the gift He gave us. We do this by using our talents because that's what you do when someone gives you a gift. You use the gift they gave you to show that you were worthy of receiving the gift.

So I worship God by treating every act as a sacred act. You should try it. It is an amazing feeling and gives meaning to everything I do.
your sure that's not yourself you are "worshiping" certainly seems that way and how convenient how that book was written fits your worldview - and just run with it ...

no time to worship that's spent not sinning to make it to the goal line, to - even - have a judgement granted.

true americans, 1776 - the same as true 1st century adherents, the reaffirmation of the religion of antiquity - - do not worship.

your book is corrupt, you allow your book - A = B.

Should Christians reject the bad parts of the Bible?

I say that Christians should reject the bad parts of the Bible.

They don't need to reject any part of the Bible. Christians should, however, find the parts of the Bible that speak to them the most and stand on them like a rock in the middle of a flooding river.

I guess I am just thinking out loud. I was hoping Christians could embrace the identical ethics of their atheist counterparts by embracing things that are good and rejecting things that are bad.

If atheists could see that the bad parts of the Bible can be rejected freely by Christians then atheists could view Christians as intellectual and moral equals. For example: Christ’s teachings to turn the other cheek, Christ’s teachings to avoid planning for the future, the description of homosexuals in Romans Chapter 1, and even teachings to pray nonstop. These are all horrible and disgusting teachings that Christians should be rejecting or at least ignoring. It would be good to see atheists and Christians agree that Jesus was dumb as hell when He said we should sell all that we own and give it to the poor. That’s just bad for society. Christians should ignore the Bible on that aspect and be able to enjoy the luxury to keep some of their belongings.

It is just a thought I guess. I’d like to see more Christians ignore the Bible on the stupider things and hold steadfast and fire on the good aspect of the Bible. You know, like atheists do. I guess in essence that would make the Christians atheists too. Oh well. Nobody said philosophy wasn’t complicated. I guess they just have to decide how bad they need to be labeled as “Christian”. If you need that label real bad you might want to go ahead and turn that other cheek.
Please provide an example of a bad part of the Bible, and one of a good part of the Bible.

Simple enough.

Bad Part: Matthew 6:25-26 HCSB This is why I tell you: Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?

Good part: Ephesians 4:26-29 HCSB Be angry and do not sin. Don’t let the sun go down on your anger, and don’t give the Devil an opportunity. The thief must no longer steal. Instead, he must do honest work with his own hands, so that he has something to share with anyone in need. No foul language is to come from your mouth, but only what is good for building up someone in need, so that it gives grace to those who hear.
Perhaps you should read the entire Chapter (6) rather than take it out of context... People are often obsessed with materialism. Jesus is also addressing HIS disciples and saying that HE will provide what is necessary when things seem to be otherwise stressful...

Matthew 6​

New International Version​

Giving to the Needy​

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer​

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Fasting​

16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Treasures in Heaven​

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Do Not Worry​

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Perhaps you should read the entire Chapter (6) rather than take it out of context... People are often obsessed with materialism. Jesus is also addressing HIS disciples and saying that HE will provide what is necessary when things seem to be otherwise stressful...
and christianity is not the height of materialism, laissez fare - capitalism. really.

to bad for those people they did not return the favor - why was that nipper what could go wrong falling on your sward for the redeemer -

no doubt the "materialist", who wrote your book and certainly not very brave in the least.
I would disagree. Christianity places GOD and not government at the center of one's expectations...
I would disagree. Christianity places GOD and not government at the center of one's expectations...

and christianity is not the height of materialism, laissez fare - capitalism. really.
do you think a christian will ever respond to the content of a post ...

your a hoot nipper - pretending you do not have to participate in the state gov't because your religion is your own selective guide.

they thought that when the religion was set forth for those remaining who knew it from the beginning and not just lip service, those that were drowned.

I passionately hate the way Christians hate the Bible. It is the most powerful book ever written. Why do you guys hate it so much?
I think it is more likely that you hate Christians.

The book itself is not powerful in and of itself. It's just a book. It's what it teaches that is powerful. But I don't believe you have ever scratched that surface.

You don’t know your history. The Bible has been extremely influential. Entire nations were demolished with the Bible. Entire cultures have disappeared at the hand of the Bible. Even today the Bible is a powerful resource that gives power to individuals for both good purposes and evil purposes. You just don’t want me reading it because you know I will use the power for evil purposes.

The Roman Catholic Church murdered people for distributing the Bible to common people. There is a reason they killed to keep the Bible out of the hands of others.

You say the Bible has no power. I don’t believe that for one second and never will.

There are no "bad parts" moron.

Should Atheists understand the scriptures before posting?
I say Atheists should understand the Bible before posting in this forum
Do Christians get a pass?

They don't need to reject any part of the Bible. Christians should, however, find the parts of the Bible that speak to them the most and stand on them like a rock in the middle of a flooding river.

I guess I am just thinking out loud. I was hoping Christians could embrace the identical ethics of their atheist counterparts by embracing things that are good and rejecting things that are bad.

If atheists could see that the bad parts of the Bible can be rejected freely by Christians then atheists could view Christians as intellectual and moral equals. For example: Christ’s teachings to turn the other cheek, Christ’s teachings to avoid planning for the future, the description of homosexuals in Romans Chapter 1, and even teachings to pray nonstop. These are all horrible and disgusting teachings that Christians should be rejecting or at least ignoring. It would be good to see atheists and Christians agree that Jesus was dumb as hell when He said we should sell all that we own and give it to the poor. That’s just bad for society. Christians should ignore the Bible on that aspect and be able to enjoy the luxury to keep some of their belongings.

It is just a thought I guess. I’d like to see more Christians ignore the Bible on the stupider things and hold steadfast and fire on the good aspect of the Bible. You know, like atheists do. I guess in essence that would make the Christians atheists too. Oh well. Nobody said philosophy wasn’t complicated. I guess they just have to decide how bad they need to be labeled as “Christian”. If you need that label real bad you might want to go ahead and turn that other cheek.
Please provide an example of a bad part of the Bible, and one of a good part of the Bible.

Simple enough.

Bad Part: Matthew 6:25-26 HCSB This is why I tell you: Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?

Good part: Ephesians 4:26-29 HCSB Be angry and do not sin. Don’t let the sun go down on your anger, and don’t give the Devil an opportunity. The thief must no longer steal. Instead, he must do honest work with his own hands, so that he has something to share with anyone in need. No foul language is to come from your mouth, but only what is good for building up someone in need, so that it gives grace to those who hear.

Matthew 6​

New International Version​

Giving to the Needy​

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer​

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Fasting​

16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Treasures in Heaven​

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Do Not Worry​

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

to bad for those people they did not return the favor - why was that nipper what could go wrong falling on your sward for the redeemer -

no doubt the "materialist", who wrote your book and certainly not very brave in the least.

do you think a christian will ever respond to the content of a post ...

your a hoot nipper - pretending you do not have to participate in the state gov't because your religion is your own selective guide.

they thought that when the religion was set forth for those remaining who knew it from the beginning and not just lip service, those that were drowned.
I didn't say that Christians should not participate in the government. It is just that a Christian's regard should be for spiritual enlightenment as opposed to material acquisition.

Biblical slavery as part of the criminal justice system

XAqxgUl.gif
In America, criminals become slaves to the STATE. Why are you okay with that?

In the Bible, if a BLM terrorist burns down your business and cannot make restitution, YOU are the victim, not the state.

The BLM terrorist will have to work for YOU (the true victim) until the debt is paid.

Why is that unjust in your feeble libtard brain????

In America, criminals become slaves to the STATE. Why are you okay with that?
Not me. Bad enough workers have to compete with cheap labor in foreign countries. Must be you! Btw, do you ever plan to stop killing your wives, Mr. Death? Oh, and eating those bags of dicks all the time really looks terrible. You're welcome.

I passionately hate the way Christians hate the Bible. It is the most powerful book ever written. Why do you guys hate it so much?

The book itself is not powerful in and of itself. It's just a book. It's what it teaches that is powerful. But I don't believe you have ever scratched that surface.

You don’t know your history. The Bible has been extremely influential. Entire nations were demolished with the Bible. Entire cultures have disappeared at the hand of the Bible. Even today the Bible is a powerful resource that gives power to individuals for both good purposes and evil purposes. You just don’t want me reading it because you know I will use the power for evil purposes.

The Roman Catholic Church murdered people for distributing the Bible to common people. There is a reason they killed to keep the Bible out of the hands of others.

You say the Bible has no power. I don’t believe that for one second and never will.
Calm down, ma'am. And stop attending Westboro.

The Bible tells the truth, what happened, good or bad. To reject the "bad parts" of the Bible is to conceal the crimes of the wicked and the unbelievers. People can't just "reject" hell and step right into heaven while living a life of sin.

Pick and choose.. Pick and choose.. It's all good.. Massage what you like.. Reject the Bad Parts..
Actually no. It is about understanding. It is good to start with understanding the original intent of the author and getting to know the original audience (meaning its language, culture, history).

In many ways, it is the atheist who is massaging the message and changing it to something where one can be self-satisfied in rejecting it.

Jesus never wrote the bible nor did God. There is scant evidence that he ever mentioned what brand of religion he was and he made no mention at all about being the leader or starting one.
Those were left to the people who thought he was God. I.e. man made religion.

LOL The faggots and deviants get more hysterical and ridiculous in their propaganda every day.

Jesus never wrote the bible nor did God. There is scant evidence that he ever mentioned what brand of religion he was and he made no mention at all about being the leader or starting one.
In Jesus' day oral communication prevailed over written material. Jesus taught the same message throughout the countryside. Not only did the Apostles hear it, with large crowds, they had to repeat what Jesus was saying so those further back could hear the message. These were the stories picked up by Matthew, Mark, Luke (Q Source) and John and Paul. It appears that it was not even the intent of the Apostles to start a new religion as Jesus taught the fulfillment of Judaism. However, Jews considered themselves a people set apart, and the reason for that was to not be influenced by outside behaviors. Christianity welcomed all.

Jesus proclaimed himself the son of God, as one with the Father. From time to time, he even declared I Am, which was a declaration of this oneness. Jesus did come to us as a man, and his teachings were spread by men. Religion is "man made" in the same way math and languages are "man made".

LOL The faggots and deviants get more hysterical and ridiculous in their propaganda every day.
That is unfair. People of faith are taught the IDEAL way to live is man and a woman in a committed relationship. The IDEAL for rearing children is for them to have both mother and father. There are ideals for everything we say and do. There is no reason why we as a society cannot recognize and support the ideals while at the same time recognizing that no one can live up to each one of life's ideals.

Absolute
In Jesus' day oral communication prevailed over written material. Jesus taught the same message throughout the countryside. Not only did the Apostles hear it, with large crowds, they had to repeat what Jesus was saying so those further back could hear the message. These were the stories picked up by Matthew, Mark, Luke (Q Source) and John and Paul. It appears that it was not even the intent of the Apostles to start a new religion as Jesus taught the fulfillment of Judaism. However, Jews considered themselves a people set apart, and the reason for that was to not be influenced by outside behaviors. Christianity welcomed all.

Jesus proclaimed himself the son of God, as one with the Father. From time to time, he even declared I Am, which was a declaration of this oneness. Jesus did come to us as a man, and his teachings were spread by men. Religion is "man made" in the same way math and languages are "man made".
Absolute rubbish.
It doesn't matter what he said, his apostle were illiterate and considering the bible was written 50+ years after all were dead, don't tell me they knew every accuracy.
I love how you godbotherers fabricate scenarios to suit you argument. Communication over written material?
Don't make me laugh.

Here's a question. How many apostles did follow your Jesus?

Absolute rubbish.
It doesn't matter what he said, his apostle were illiterate and considering the bible was written 50+ years after all were dead, don't tell me they knew every accuracy.
I love how you godbotherers fabricate scenarios to suit you argument. Communication over written material?
Don't make me laugh.
No it is not rubbish, and of course it matters what he said. We were taught by parents, relatives, teachers well before we could read and write. Even so, the lessons remained with us, even though Mom and Dad did not hand us a written transcript.

That is unfair. People of faith are taught the IDEAL way to live is man and a woman in a committed relationship. The IDEAL for rearing children is for them to have both mother and father. There are ideals for everything we say and do. There is no reason why we as a society cannot recognize and support the ideals while at the same time recognizing that no one can live up to each one of life's ideals.

This would be fine if there were no active 'Rights' movement and it's nasty vicious attacks on tradition and normal behavior, and the perversion of science that accompanies the campaign, and the grooming of children via infiltrating the school systems. The founders of the sicko 'movement' were card carrying communists and pedophiles, literally, not hyperbolically; they were just where they should have been before, hiding in the closets and not annoying the sane people. It has nothing to do with idealism, or the OT; they're mentally ill, and have lots of harmful associative disorders and they are a public health menace. Letting them out of the closet just made all of those problems worse, not better.

Forum List

Back